Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzmario

Reaction score
hi i am taking train from ueno to naritia T1. there is a transfer at tokyo station. I like to ask what is the time taken from the arrival to Tokyo station to walk to the narita express station at Tokyo station? I can't walk fast, hence need to plan ahead. Thanks

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi i am taking train from ueno to naritia T1. there is a transfer at tokyo station. I like to ask what is the time taken from the arrival to Tokyo station to walk to the narita express station at Tokyo station? I can't walk fast, hence need to plan ahead. Thanks

the terminal is a little deep in the station, you still have JR pass? Because from Ueno you can take kesei line (express or skyliner) to NRT

buzzmario

Reaction score
the terminal is a little deep in the station, you still have JR pass? Because from Ueno you can take kesei line (express or skyliner) to NRT

I am with JR east pass. So to save money, decide to take narita express instead of skyliner. My flight is at 11am, so need to plan ahead the timing to get to the Narita T1.

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
Hi. Just want to ask.

I am going to Tokyo for 9 days and 8 nights (with a short one night to Kawaguchiko). Whole time I am in Tokyo. Not going anywhere else except in Tokyo. Staying near to Shinjuku Station. Going to usual places such as Shibuya, Harajuku, Ueno zoo, Tokyo Disneyland etc. Usual tourist stuff

Family of three adults and one child.

Should I just use the Seica card for the whole trip (topping up regularly) or should I buy a JR pass ? Really confused.

thwysg

Reaction score
Hi. Just want to ask.

I am going to Tokyo for 9 days and 8 nights (with a short one night to Kawaguchiko). Whole time I am in Tokyo. Not going anywhere else except in Tokyo. Staying near to Shinjuku Station. Going to usual places such as Shibuya, Harajuku, Ueno zoo, Tokyo Disneyland etc. Usual tourist stuff

Family of three adults and one child.

Should I just use the Seica card for the whole trip (topping up regularly) or should I buy a JR pass ? Really confused.

Suica will do. If your child is below 12, he can use a child Suica card. For Kawaguchiko, take the express bus from Shinjuku Bus Terminal.

moleman4eva

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Planning on first solo trip to Tokyo probably around late February/early March for around 4 nights. My only goal in Japan is to eat eat and eat and maybe buy a few Japanese knives. Budget probably around 2.5k below.
So questions,
1. Is there duration enough?
2. Any places I should go? Based of my research Tsukiji, Golden Gai seemed like places to go for stuffing my face.
3. Where should I stay? Shinjuku seems recommended but ex sia. I dun min capsule hotels but checking out every day at 10am macam pain in the butthole.
4. Any tips for a first timer?

Arigato

thwysg

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Planning on first solo trip to Tokyo probably around late February/early March for around 4 nights. My only goal in Japan is to eat eat and eat and maybe buy a few Japanese knives. Budget probably around 2.5k below.
So questions,
1. Is there duration enough?
It's your choice. But if you would like to extend, could do a day trip to Kawazu for Sakura Festival. Else just stick to what you have planned.
2. Any places I should go? Based of my research Tsukiji, Golden Gai seemed like places to go for stuffing my face.
Hoppy Street in Asakusa and izakaya street under Yurakucho station. They are generally izakayas. How about ramen and sweets or desserts?
3. Where should I stay? Shinjuku seems recommended but ex sia. I dun min capsule hotels but checking out every day at 10am macam pain in the butthole.
Cheaper places - Ueno, Ikebukuro and Asakusa. Hostels if you've got a tight budget. Hotels if you could afford it. There's private rooms in hostels too.
4. Any tips for a first timer?
You'll be fine. Have fun!
Arigato

See the comments in blue.

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
Is my dec itinerary ok?

D1-Nishiki, sagano , arashiyama
D2- kiyomizudera, teramachi-dori
D3- usj
D4- hiroshima (Kansai pass can use to go Hiroshima?)
D5- shop in Osaka and night flight home

Thanks

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Booking Airbnb in Osaka for 3 person. My friend recommended me to book around Namba but price rather high. Any other places to recommend?

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Booking Airbnb in Osaka for 3 person. My friend recommended me to book around Namba but price rather high. Any other places to recommend?

i think you have to at least state your budget per pax for one night than people will be able to recommend something along your budget.

buzzmario

Reaction score
Hi I have a wonderful Okonomiyaki at nonawa osen 2 years back, I google and i guess Okonomiyaki is food of Kansai,osaki area.

I not going to nosawa osen this dec. my places going are> nogano> Matsumoto> takayama> Hida > lake suwa. which is gifu and nagano area. so i like to ask any places that i am going have good Okonomiyaki ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.