Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just Tokyo :)

I checked for Asakusa, the nicer hotels quite pricey too. Shiodome also some quite ex haha. Partly bcos I'm booking twin room.

Not sure why this period is ex.
CNY peak period

when u see them do CNY stuff also, they know what is up

thwysg

Reaction score
Are there any suitable JR pass for this?
Without knowing the full itinerary, nobody could advise you on this. JR Pass, JR East Pass and Tokyo Wide Pass could cover the train rides but not the bus. Whether if any of those three passes are worth it, need to check your itinerary.

Alternatively do your sums via Hyperdia.com.

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone booked from

https://highway-buses.jp/

I booked a bus from shinjuku to kawaguchiko station. Everything is fine until ask me put phone number.

I put singapore number and they only accept 9-11 numbers

in the end I just anyhow put a number...not sure what will happen.

nonpareil

Reaction score
Just wondering, from new years eve to new year day, would shops be open in tokyo? Any idea what are open during 31/12 to 2/1?
Would heading out of tokyo to surrounding regions be advisable as it would transport be a problem and tourist places closed?

riiya86

Reaction score
Hi i will flying arriving in Itami airport and will take the limo bus directly to Kyoto Station.. i want to know, if we can buy ICOCA cards for my kids (6 &7yo) from the vending machines; or only from the ticket office in JR Kyoto?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
new year day itself will see quite a few major stores having a rest day. Most restaurants also rest on 1st Jan, you can check for this on most listings like tabelog

new year's eve should not be a problem for parties

you can go attend the new year activities (go jinja, queue, eat fair food)

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi i will flying arriving in Itami airport and will take the limo bus directly to Kyoto Station.. i want to know, if we can buy ICOCA cards for my kids (6 &7yo) from the vending machines; or only from the ticket office in JR Kyoto?

u should be able to get these cards from the automated machines

thwysg

Reaction score

Get it from the ticket office. Need to show passports to verify the birthdates so that the staff could issue the cards.

http://www.jr-odekake.net/icoca/purchase/icoca.html
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298564-i2712-k6335257-ICOCA_pass_still_available_for_kids-Kyoto_Kyoto_Prefecture_Kinki.html

thwysg

Reaction score
so they use different system compared to Suica :eek:

thanks for the correction

Same for Suica. Need proof of birthdate before you could purchase child cards. Pasmo child card would actually indicate the child’s name.

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if transit at HND, confirm must go through JP immigration and customs with you luggage, once you walk out after customs, turn right and walk until you can see ANA and JAL luggage check in counters for domestic flights (BIC shop is near those counters). After that there's a path leading to the "bus terminal" for you to take to the domestic terminal

Okie got it! :s12:

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am going to Japan ( Tokyo > Osaka > Tokyo) in the middle of November and below is my itinerary.

Would like to seek your opinions on my planned itinerary below if it is too rushed or is there a better and more convenient way to go around ?

I will start from Day 2 as my first day will be just travelling to Osaka from Tokyo via the Shinkansen after I land in the afternoon. Using JR Pass for the first 7 days

Sunday - Day 2 – (Staying near Osaka station)

Osaka Castle > Kuromon Market > Dotonbori

Monday – Day 3

Osaka > Nara Deer Park > Higashimuki Shotengai Shopping Street > Osaka > Shinsaibashi Shopping Street

Tuesday – Day 4

Osaka > Kobe > Nunobiki Falls and Herb Garden > Mouriya > Nankinmachi (Kobe's Chinatown) > Kobe Motomachi > Kobe Harbourland > Osaka

Wednesday- Day 5

Osaka > Kyoto - Fushimi Inari Taisha > Nishiki Market > Arashiyama > Osaka

Thursday – Day 6

Osaka > Tokyo > Shibuya (Check in and OTOT)

Friday – Day 7

Shibuya > Hakone for the whole day > Shibuya

Saturday – Day 8

Shibuya > Imperial Palace > Tsukiji Fish Market > Ginza ( Is it better to go Tsukiji Fish Market on weekdays for lesser crowds? )

Sunday – Day 9

Shibuya > Asakusa (Sensoji Temple and Nakamise Shopping Street) > Ueno Park and Ameya Yokocho Arcade > Roppongi (any place to recommend?)

Monday – Day 10

Shibuya > Akihabara > Odaiba (any place to recommend?)

Tuesday – Day 11

Shibuya > Harajuku > Meiji Shrine > Shinjuku

Wednesday – Day 12

Shibuya > Ikebukuro > Shibuya for the night

Thursday – Day 13

Go back SG.

Thank you very much!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.