[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis Alien

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I normally wake up early to go out, come back in the afternoon for rest. I don't check in so late, like that you join tour also 9-10pm check in one.
I only last day then sleep until naturally wake, last day must relax...

When I was in kao shoing, life starts at around 2pm, before that everywhere ghost town sia...

Bubblebum

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got rain? it rained everyday while i was in tpe and i had to skipped jiufen and houtong cause of the heavy rain. just came back yesterday and want to visit tw again:s13:

Same for me. Was in taipei from last sat-tue. Rain everyday. Abandoned Yang Ming Shan and xiao you kang trip. Jiu fen and shi fen just walked in the rain.

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
Same for me. Was in taipei from last sat-tue. Rain everyday. Abandoned Yang Ming Shan and xiao you kang trip. Jiu fen and shi fen just walked in the rain.

the weather was cloudy when i was at yms but it was damn crowded and many people had to walk down the mountain cause the last shuttle bus had already departed:s22: shifen waterfall looked ugly during heavy rain last sat and visibility was poor. my camera died and i had to quickly return to city to fix it.

Bubblebum

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the weather was cloudy when i was at yms but it was damn crowded and many people had to walk down the mountain cause the last shuttle bus had already departed:s22: shifen waterfall looked ugly during heavy rain last sat and visibility was poor. my camera died and i had to quickly return to city to fix it.

Wahh. That's bad.
I took pic at the waterfall with umbrella. So unglam. Haha....

derp2806

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1st timer here. where to go to do that lantern thing? the one that ppl write their wishes then let it fly.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's at ping xi. U can take the train to reifang stop then cab or bus over or u can book a tour car about 3500nt for 12 to 8 hrs share with 4 pax it's pretty good deal

1st timer here. where to go to do that lantern thing? the one that ppl write their wishes then let it fly.

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
let me provide a brief review of the places i have visited

yangmingshan- nice place with good scenery and hiking trails but the frequency of bus 108 sucks. I will definitely return and spend more time in this place.

danshui fisherman's wharf and old street- boring place with dirty, grey old buildings. There is nothing much to do at fisherman's wharf besides looking at the white bridge and bali island. I will not visit this place again.

Yehliu- Average place but nice sea view. Those who have visited Pinnacles in W.Australia would find this place to be a bore.

Shifen waterfall-Shifen waterfall is beautiful but it was raining very heavily during my visit so I didn't really explore that area and also jiufen. Will visit again on a sunny day.

Maokong gondola-cheap and good. allows one to enjoy night view of taipei city.

Sun Yat sen memorial hall--Took a few pictures of taipei 101 from this place.

I think my visit to central taiwan few years back was much better than my recent visit to taipei cause taipei does not have beautiful scenery and the weather sucks. i miss cingjing farm and alishan and want to go back again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.