Malaysia prepaid card

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone done a comparison between using a malaysia prepaid vs an m1 prepaid?

since m1 prepaid data includes free autoroam data for malaysia (and 4 other countries) it seems to be a better choice?
I've both, and it depends on your usage pattern.

If you're already using the MCard on home ground, then it makes sense to just bring it over to surf in Malaysia.

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i used to have a malaysia prepaid number, but found it too much of a hassle to keep it active, tried both Digi and Hotlink. it seems that no matter now u slice it, it's RM1 a day to keep it active and ended up topping up just to keep it alive and end up with almost RM100 in the account :o

this time round, trying out with an astronaut m1 prepaid line aka "tai4 kong1 xian4" :s13:

I've both, and it depends on your usage pattern.

If you're already using the MCard on home ground, then it makes sense to just bring it over to surf in Malaysia.

kitkat2

Reaction score
i used to have a malaysia prepaid number, but found it too much of a hassle to keep it active, tried both Digi and Hotlink. it seems that no matter now u slice it, it's RM1 a day to keep it active and ended up topping up just to keep it alive and end up with almost RM100 in the account :o

this time round, trying out with an astronaut m1 prepaid line aka "tai4 kong1 xian4" :s13:

you should keep the line passive instead active unless you stay in malaysia for long term.

passive is good for you. it freezes the credit balance, and it is usually very long, i.e. 75-90 days on digi.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

An $18 top up on MCard can extend the validity by 6 months, but take a look at the data pack prices and decide for yourself if it's worth paying that much for the amount of data that you'll need each time you go over the causeway.
This is presuming you don't use the card while on home ground.

you should keep the line passive instead active unless you stay in malaysia for long term.

passive is good for you. it freezes the credit balance, and it is usually very long, i.e. 75-90 days on digi.
Yup, keeping the card passive is the way to go, reactivate it only when you're going over or when it's close to the end of the grace period.

Only thing is that you'll have to watch the grace period closely, otherwise your RM100 will be gone if the card is terminated.

beatthatthing

Reaction score
Does anyone have a prepaid card that has a balance of at least RM5? I’d like to use it so i can make a booking under uber/grab when i reach KL at 3am. Thanks!

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:o terminate and lost all the value in the card was the correct guess...

i'm no longer doing postpaid plans... switched over to prepaid,

2GB + free incoming calls for SGD14 every 30days, free caller id, free data roaming to the 3 places i bounce around, SG-KL/JB-HK

plenty enough data for work emails and all the telegram/signal use.

An $18 top up on MCard can extend the validity by 6 months, but take a look at the data pack prices and decide for yourself if it's worth paying that much for the amount of data that you'll need each time you go over the causeway.
This is presuming you don't use the card while on home ground.

Yup, keeping the card passive is the way to go, reactivate it only when you're going over or when it's close to the end of the grace period.

Only thing is that you'll have to watch the grace period closely, otherwise your RM100 will be gone if the card is terminated.

syedafiff

Reaction score
Which one has the longest expiry date? Maxis vs U vs Digi?
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/travel-bazaar-346/wts-onexox-xox-longest-validity-sim-my-visitors-5698100.html

Onexox Bro. 28 months validity. Unused data/minute/credit can be carried forward, kept and used within sim expiry which is again, 28 months.

No need to keep line passive. Most telco eg Digital Umobile Maxis Celcom has grace active period from the date of expiry (eg 60days). Past that date, the sim is terminated & number is recycled to other user. Hence you won't be able to use it. Hence another card, again.
Look for my post in travel bazaar.
Syed Afiff, Authorized Onexox Dealer in MY.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/travel-bazaar-346/wts-onexox-xox-longest-validity-sim-my-visitors-5698100.html

Onexox Bro. 28 months validity. Unused data/minute/credit can be carried forward, kept and used within sim expiry which is again, 28 months.

No need to keep line passive. Most telco eg Digital Umobile Maxis Celcom has grace active period from the date of expiry (eg 60days). Past that date, the sim is terminated & number is recycled to other user. Hence you won't be able to use it. Hence another card, again.
Look for my post in travel bazaar.
Syed Afiff, Authorized Onexox Dealer in MY.

i send the link to a friend last week. i think he text u today. but he just called me and ask me if u are still selling these xox sim card. could u reply him?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which one has the longest expiry date? Maxis vs U vs Digi?
Expiry date depends on the situation you're referring to. If it's the validity of a new SIM pack, you can check the individual ones from their respective website. There are variants like 5 days, 7 days, and a month, from what I've seen before.

Another situation is how much you've topped up. Mostly it's RM1 for 1 day's validity, though with Digi Best, you can reactivate validity using your existing credit balance without having to spend more RM.

If you're referring to grace period (as opposed to "expiry date" which I guess you're actually referring to "validity period"), Maxis has 50 days, U Mobile I don't know the latest coz I stopped using it a long time back after experiencing too many :eek::eek: connection but may be 50 or 60 days, Digi Best has 75 days and if it's still not changed then Digi Live 90 days.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally used my Tune Talk SIM card once again, after taking advantage of their promo RM10 1-year validity extension and RM1 for 300MB data plan. (Disabling of data pack auto-renewal was easily done with the app.)

Connection was good on the whole. :)

http://www.tunetalk.com/my/en
With my latest experience last weekend, plus what Tune Talk has offered these days, I've removed my OneXOX (yup, still no reply from them about the mysterious odd-figure MB that disappeared from my Season Pass) and kept it in my SIM card holder.

Tune Talk's promo RM10 for 1-year validity extension is so :s12::s12: that I hope they'll extend it. :D When it comes to day-trips, the RM1 300MB is more than welcome.=:p Digi Best has this too but it looks like a promo pack. But but... Digi Best has free basic internet which comes in very useful though. :)

Oh, I mentioned the Vibe+ from Tune Talk the other day... Actually good for long-term visitors too, though more for Malaysians residing there on the whole. I read that with these packages, subscribers don't even need to make sure their cards are valid, as a Vibe+ package automatically validates the card/account...

And with the above, I also recall the first time I got a Tune Talk card in Melaka. It's also the first time I could surf all the way out of Melaka town through those ulu roads into the NSHW all the way home, smoothly. It's a great experience that even Hotlink couldn't give me.

FYI, Tune Talk was easily available in Melaka, from dealers in Mahkota Parade and Dataran Pahlawan malls. I believe they're still there. ;)

Last edited:

kitkat2

Reaction score
Tune Talk's promo RM10 for 1-year validity extension is so :s12::s12: that I hope they'll extend it. :D When it comes to day-trips, the RM1 300MB is more than welcome.=:p Digi Best has this too but it looks like a promo pack. But but... Digi Best has free basic internet which comes in very useful though. :)

every pack from malaysian telcos is a promo pack including tunetalk's rm1 300mb. they can modify or even pull their offerings anytime.

just don't be naive and prepay your data needs 1-2 years in advance. :)

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a promo for U card at KSL tesco. U mobile prepaid Sim, RM3 (usual RM8.5), comes with 200MB + little voice call, valid for 7 days. Must be a Tesco club member to get at this price (RM3). Non-member can buy the card at usual price.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a promo for U card at KSL tesco. U mobile prepaid Sim, RM3 (usual RM8.5), comes with 200MB + little voice call, valid for 7 days. Must be a Tesco club member to get at this price (RM3). Non-member can buy the card at usual price.

Giant used to have promo for U Mobile too. RM3 for purchases over a certain amount, IIRC.

Problem is their network isn't really reliable...

streams

Reaction score
I still don’t understand. What is the difference btw tune talk datatatata and +vibe for the 1 year plan? I just need one that is active all the time for GPS usage. So that I can know where my car is at all times.. cheapest way to do so? 200RM does not seem expensive if it is just about 17RM per month.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I still don’t understand. What is the difference btw tune talk datatatata and +vibe for the 1 year plan? I just need one that is active all the time for GPS usage. So that I can know where my car is at all times.. cheapest way to do so? 200RM does not seem expensive if it is just about 17RM per month.

AFAIK, +VIBE is something they came up with not long ago.

Check their website for verification, but below is what I gathered from looking around previously:

- Can only be bought/subscribed with MY credit cards (as opposed to DataTata deducting from credit balance).
- Don't need to worry about card's validity. Say you subscribe to a yearly package, your line will automatically be active for that period.

ntec66

Reaction score
I thought TRON is the best for long validity and low usage use?

If I not wrong, can topup even rm5 to renew another year.

oMdMvAl.png

syedafiff

Reaction score
i send the link to a friend last week. i think he text u today. but he just called me and ask me if u are still selling these xox sim card. could u reply him?
Hi. Current users who pm'ed me are numbers last 4 digits of 3221 & 2000.

syedafiff

Reaction score
You can use Onexox. Rm50 get 10gb. Then automatically draw 500MB/30days from the 10gb. Hence you can use it for 20months along with the 28 months sim validity.
You can also choose not to activate the 500mb on the months you are not in MY. Hence the 500mb/30days can be used specifically on the months you are in MY. While you are back in SG, the remaining data is safely kept in the Season Pass a.k.a. Data bank.
*GPS does not use much of a data. 500mb is more than enough.
*what i'm telling you is true. This is the strongest point of Onexox. 28months validity and unlimited carry forward of data/minute/credit.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.