Stashaway returns...

Fizzical

Reaction score
6 months into Stashaway robo advisor...500-1000 was put in each month. Total $3500. Returns? USD is $30+ and after factoring currency impact, SGD is $11.

What a poor return. Should I transfer it to STI?

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
6 months into Stashaway robo advisor...500-1000 was put in each month. Total $3500. Returns? USD is $30+ and after factoring currency impact, SGD is $11.

Please allow me to clarify.

Are you saying that you had put in $3500, and you only get $11 back?

Amikasin

Reaction score
If u compare STI returns vs this, which do u think is more... Assuming we neglect the currency factor

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You might as well put the money into IWDA.

And oh please put in a fix amount. Don't try to change your amount by looking at the moon and stars position.

computers70

Reaction score

Would you want to snap a copy of your portfolio ?
seems like a bullrun now.

kehyi4

Reaction score

If you expect to huat in 6 months, then perhaps you are investing in the wrong product

From Stashaway FAQ:
Q - What is your investment strategy?
A - With a goal-based approach, we analyse your personal financial situation and risk selection. Firstly, using this information, our investment team and the algorithm will select the most suitable portfolio. Secondly, we also use historical and live data to track market conditions to determine when major economic cycle shifts will occur. Combining these factors, we then design portfolios with medium-to-long-term outlooks that withstand the short-term fluctuations of the markets to yield long-term wealth.

---

Otoh, if you think "6 mths = long-term", then i got nothing to say ...

match89

Reaction score
I put in $10k for 3+
months now in Stashaway, return is about $250 after less monthly fee (2.5%)
Another robo-advisor I'm trying for about same period is giving me slightly better returns
In my opinion, exposure to US market shld have better returns than STI for 2018

Fizzical

Reaction score
I put in $10k for 3+
Another robo-advisor I'm trying for about same period is giving me slightly better returns

Yours still better. Perhaps u put in more money within a shorter period.

Fizzical

Reaction score
If you expect to huat in 6 months, then perhaps you are investing in the wrong product

From Stashaway FAQ:
Q - What is your investment strategy?
A - With a goal-based approach, we analyse your personal financial situation and risk selection. Firstly, using this information, our investment team and the algorithm will select the most suitable portfolio. Secondly, we also use historical and live data to track market conditions to determine when major economic cycle shifts will occur. Combining these factors, we then design portfolios with medium-to-long-term outlooks that withstand the short-term fluctuations of the markets to yield long-term wealth.

---

Otoh, if you think "6 mths = long-term", then i got nothing to say ...

You can still extrapolate it. If there is a current bull run and ur returns is 2%, u don't think something is crappily wrong?

kehyi4

Reaction score
No, because the impact of upfront costs are felt straightaway, leading to a drag on short term results. Over the medium to long run, such costs become negligible, thus better reflecting the market result

Or at least, that's what I think. I may be wrong

Btw, I'm not vested in stash, nor any robo (and frankly am unlikely to do so)

Amikasin

Reaction score
I put in $10k for 3+

What allocation did u put?

w1rbelw1nd

Master Member
Reaction score
Short term returns is greatly affected by luck. Same for unit trusts, same for stashaway. If one is so short sighted and only look at returns over 6 months, then you may miss out of funds that temporarily underperform, or hold on to funds that got lucky. please bear that in mind.

Fizzical you should also share which of their portfolio you chose, the highest risk one or lowest risk one?

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, please check your risk level and the allocation in your dashboard for your respective robo-investing services before saying you're getting lousy returns...don't expect a 50% bonds, 50% equities portfolio to return 10+% in 6 months...

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.