Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm more of like concern about a decent hotel for a fam of 4. And transportation. Although food can be cheap. Ex a rail ticket to Osaka is like setting back 1k for a family.

I stayed in a place called house ikebukuro, which has an apartment for 4. Sleep on futon. Try Google and book on line. And I dun think you want to travel to Osaka. Just stick to Tokyo and its surrounding attractions.

shiahzy

Reaction score
Hi, anyone has taken english ski/snowboarding lessons before in Yuzawa? It's hard to find a reasonably priced one.

cookiesNcream

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm travelling to Tokyo mid April and was wondering what kind of clothing (for a guy) should I be bringing as I researched that the weather between day and night varies quite a bit.

And is Kamakura and Enoshima Bay worth exploring?

Thanks!

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s spring lor dress light lor the most is a light weight jacket
And the usual jeans or shirt if it’s a guy
Kamakura is close to Tokyo so weather is close
Unkesss u go out to saitama which wil be colder

I'm travelling to Tokyo mid April and was wondering what kind of clothing (for a guy) should I be bringing as I researched that the weather between day and night varies quite a bit.

Thanks!

symbiote28

Reaction score
should i risk going to gotemba and try to see if fuji is visible from there? travelling mid-Jan and i have a day free.

symbiote28

Reaction score
Fuji is worth seeing, go for it if you have the budget

Must go up Mt fuji.

not going up the mountain itself but just having a nice view of it. i've been to gotemba premium outlet early this march and the view was magnificent. a day before going to gotemba, i couldn't see fuji due to the clouds and fog. this time around, i'll be staying at ikebukuro so need to take a highway bus there.

onenightfighttwo

Reaction score
If I decide to spend 12-14days in Tokyo. Forgoing Osaka. Is it more worthwhile purchasing the JR 14day pass?

Will be visiting Disneyland/sea 1day each. (Will u suggest go one day after another or separate2 days?)

And surrounding places. Mt Fuji, 2-4 days at a good ski resort. (Any suggestion which is a good one?)

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I decide to spend 12-14days in Tokyo. Forgoing Osaka. Is it more worthwhile purchasing the JR 14day pass?

Will be visiting Disneyland/sea 1day each. (Will u suggest go one day after another or separate2 days?)

And surrounding places. Mt Fuji, 2-4 days at a good ski resort. (Any suggestion which is a good one?)

I dont think so ......the breakeven is about a round trip to osaka

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

U probably dun need 14 day pass, not even 7 day pass, since u are not travelling far.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

I think kamakura is worth seeing even if not for the close proximity to tokyo. so can do half day with enoshima or yokohama.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No JR Pass. There is a smaller cheaper Tokyo wide pass that you can consider.

A 2 day pass is a good idea for you, it is 2 consecutive days but 1 day each is pretty okay imo.

depends on far and how much you can spend. I do not know much about ski resorts with just slop entry

vspecll_gtr

Reaction score
Hello all,

Have anyone purchased the CEP pass before?

Any idea if I rent a vehicle on the 1st till the 15th, can I use the CEP pass for 4-10th?

Appreciate if anyone could advise if it is advisable to purchase CEP too..

Thank you!

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Japan highway pass will be a requirement if you are traveling between prefecture. The toll can rack up very quickly. Look at your routes and check how many days you need. I can't recall the rules off hand so do check that too

vspecll_gtr

Reaction score
Japan highway pass will be a requirement if you are traveling between prefecture. The toll can rack up very quickly. Look at your routes and check how many days you need. I can't recall the rules off hand so do check that too

Yeah toll for 3 days already racked up to almost 15k yen..

But the thing is CEP pass doesnt cover all expressway.. how do you navigate within the "covered" expressway when using the in built navigation in the car?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.