Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Ok my take. Sony WF-1000x good sound but SBC profile which S8 is using will give only 2 hours of playtime regardless NC on or off.

Gear Icon X 2017 playtime 5 hours SBC profile. Got sport coaching n heartbeat monitoring and also 4gb storage. Also now around $250+?

It seem that gear icon X 2017 is the more value one.

Hmm I assume you're talking about the new IconX 2018 since you are talking about 5 hours of playtime, compared to around 2 hours of playtime for the older model. The newer model also no more heartbeat monitoring from what I see, but the sports coaching are still there.

Thanks for your input, I see I can get the 2018 iconX at around 218, and I got 10 dollars of rebates on Lazada, definitely much cheaper than Sony.

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
Hmm I assume you're talking about the new IconX 2018 since you are talking about 5 hours of playtime, compared to around 2 hours of playtime for the older model. The newer model also no more heartbeat monitoring from what I see, but the sports coaching are still there.

Thanks for your input, I see I can get the 2018 iconX at around 218, and I got 10 dollars of rebates on Lazada, definitely much cheaper than Sony.

should be 2017 I have the 2016 but they called it 2018.and I find the sound quality to be not too bad. Connection is good. 218 no need to think already.

Last edited:

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
should be 2017 I have the 2016 but they called it 2018.and I find the sound quality to be not too bad. Connection is good. 218 no need to think already.

One last question. Is the lag in video's audio very obvious and unbearable?

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Not sure about 2018 icon x. 2017 I find it is very bearable. The worst video lag I have tried is from my ERATO Apollo 7.

Hmm I thought there's only 2 version of iconx.

The one they are displaying and selling now they call it Iconx 2018. Then there's the previous one with lousy battery life.

musicsg_com

Reaction score
Hmm I thought there's only 2 version of iconx.

The one they are displaying and selling now they call it Iconx 2018. Then there's the previous one with lousy battery life.

The first version is called IconX with poor battery life and HRM. The latest version released this year (2017) is called IconX 2018, great battery life but no HRM.

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
Bragi Dash Pro delivered to me last week. Till today, have done 2 updates. Connection is good, no drops encountered and very comfy in the ears. Plus points is can bring to the showers and the additional 4GB storage.

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
Bragi Dash Pro delivered to me last week. Till today, have done 2 updates. Connection is good, no drops encountered and very comfy in the ears. Plus points is can bring to the showers and the additional 4GB storage.

How does the sound quality compare to others? Local set from LRT?

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

can share where did you get it and price?
any review on sound and the touch gestures?

thanks!

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
The first version is called IconX with poor battery life and HRM. The latest version released this year (2017) is called IconX 2018, great battery life but no HRM.

I see. Thanks for the feedbacks guys.

Just ordered one set ended paying around 180 thanks to the $50 Qoo10 coupon I won yesterday. Hopefully the connection is as solid as described when I'm on the move :o

musicsg_com

Reaction score
Jabra Elite Sport offers balanced audio across the frequency. Good plushy bass and forward mids and sufficiently clear treble, similar sound signature as the Jabra Sport Pulse. Very tight fit on the ears, like wearing CIEM.

I am testing this, Beoplay E8, Samsung IconX at the same time. Jabra is my preferred and comes with coach voice features and heart-rate monitor.

Beoplay E8 is slightly more exciting sound, with slight V-shaped frequency, clear treble and responsive bass. Design-wise, it is the nicest.

IconX is the worst, when testing with non-Samsung phones, audio quality is very poor. But the advantage is in-ear storage.

Just finished a proper review of the Beoplay E8 and the Jabra Elite Sport. Both are neck-to-neck as my favourites.

BeoplayE8_4.jpg

The E8 has one small drawback: some phones I connected to does not deliver good audio quality, while Elite Sport seems to be good with all the phones I tested with.

Jabra_EliteSport_5.jpg

Also, Elite Sport has a lot more tech like HRM, accelerometer, the app that provides voice coach, etc. But between the 2, I would rather wear the E8 because it's more comfortable and not so chunky. The audio is also more transparent and spatial, while the Elite Sport is cosier and more mid-forward.

Beoplay E8 Review: http://musicphotolife.com/2017/12/beoplay-e8-review-truly-wireless-earphones/

Jabra Elite Sport Review: http://musicphotolife.com/2017/12/jabra-elite-sport-review-upgraded-2017-true-wireless-sports-earbuds/

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Just received my iconx 2018.

Connection and pairing is super easy, just open the case and it's automatically paired to my phone already.

But there's a slight issue with the Samsung gear app. Despite the earbuds are already connected to the phone, I would need a few attempts to re connect on the app to make the app shows that the iconx is connected. Anyone using iconx have encounter this?

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can xiaomi earphones trigger the hi-fi quad dac on LG G6?
HiFi Quad DAC is always triggered when a headphone or IEM is plugged in, High Impedance mode is triggered with IEM's or headphones with 50 Ohm impedance or higher. then there's the 'External Device' mode and lastly, 'Normal' mode. So, High Impedance has the most juice, followed by External Device which is a mid-power setting, 'Normal' is the weakest. There's a way to trick the phone into going to External Device mode for a little more power for headphones with less than 50 Ohm impedance....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.