Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

thwysg

Reaction score
How long do people typically spend on the Mount Fuji 5th station?

I'm travelling from Tokyo in the morning and it will probably be noon or early afternoon after leaving my luggage at the resort.

Note that the bus from Kawaguchiko Station takes 50 mins and last bus leaves 5th station at 4ish, seems like I should go to the 5th station only the next morning?

What should I do in the afternoon after lunch in that case? Kachi Kachi Ropeway?

2 hours is too long. There's nothing much except for a few souvenir stores, washrooms and small eateries at the 5th station. A lot of tour buses only allow at most 20-30 minutes to stay here. You'll be on Mt. Fuji but it's only beautiful to look at from afar.

Might as well just head to other places instead. When and why are you heading there in the first place? Climbing season?

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 hours is too long. There's nothing much except for a few souvenir stores, washrooms and small eateries at the 5th station. A lot of tour buses only allow at most 20-30 minutes to stay here. You'll be on Mt. Fuji but it's only beautiful to look at from afar.

Might as well just head to other places instead. When and why are you heading there in the first place? Climbing season?

not climbing season, next month.

so not worth the 50mins journey each way? if so, will visit other places around kawaguchiko. or relax in the resort.

thwysg

Reaction score
not climbing season, next month.

so not worth the 50mins journey each way? if so, will visit other places around kawaguchiko. or relax in the resort.

Weekend? There's fireworks on Saturdays and Sundays till 23 February. Just keep a check on the bus schedules and operation hours for some places. Winter means shorter day and fewer bus services and shorter operation hours.

Probably road closure to 5th station too.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Weekend? There's fireworks on Saturdays and Sundays till 23 February. Just keep a check on the bus schedules and operation hours for some places. Winter means shorter day and fewer bus services and shorter operation hours.

Yup going on Sunday after you told me the other time that there's fireworks on Sun, 18 Feb! :) Staying one night and leaving on 19 Feb.

vspecll_gtr

Reaction score

Hi there! will there be fireworks? You have any links that reflects the time and date?

Thanks!

roz_sid

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thinking of applying student visa to learn japanese. During your stay you can work at a part-time job in Japan for up to 28 hours a week. what type of jobs can i get?

VacheronLim

Reaction score
I'm planning to stay at Osaka for a 9 day trip, doing day trips to Kyoto, Nara, Kobe

Accommodation is at Daikokucho station (served by Midosuji & Yotsubashi lines), near Osaka-Namba & Namba station

Is JR Pass worth it at all actually? Although it's the fastest (and most pricey) option available, I ready that Special Rapid Service can get me to the destination is about double the time needed, but at 1/3 of the cost.

Or I should consider the private railway companies (which are more affordable but require longer travel time)? I would feel 1 hour (for one-way travel) to get to my destination should be fairly acceptable. And I read that quite a number of Kyoto's more iconic destinations are more accessible by Keihan Main Line (a private railway operator).

thwysg

Reaction score
I'm planning to stay at Osaka for a 9 day trip, doing day trips to Kyoto, Nara, Kobe

Accommodation is at Daikokucho station (served by Midosuji & Yotsubashi lines), near Osaka-Namba & Namba station

Is JR Pass worth it at all actually? Although it's the fastest (and most pricey) option available, I ready that Special Rapid Service can get me to the destination is about double the time needed, but at 1/3 of the cost.

Or I should consider the private railway companies (which are more affordable but require longer travel time)? I would feel 1 hour (for one-way travel) to get to my destination should be fairly acceptable. And I read that quite a number of Kyoto's more iconic destinations are more accessible by Keihan Main Line (a private railway operator).

Look at regional Pass. JR Pass is an overkill.

gunnss

Reaction score
Nid Advice

hi guys,

me planning to go sapporo from narita.
SQ flight touch down at 5.30pm. Vanilla last flight is 8.15pm (counter closed 30mins before). so ard 2h in between..
do u tink i can make it? we definitely have luggage to check in. its terminal 1 to terminal 3.
any of u tried tis before?

appreciate any advice.

Last edited:

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

SQ flight touch down at 5.30pm. Vanilla last flight is 8.15pm (counter closed 30mins before). so ard 2h in between..
do u tink i can make it? we definitely have luggage to check in. its terminal 1 to terminal 3.

appreciate any advice.
More than enough time assuming no delay

Usually domestic flights counter doesn't close so fast in my experience

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

appreciate any advice.
There's a ANA flight in the morning NRT-CTS. ANA has a permanent discount for foreigners. Might work out to be a better deal since luggage is included

Sent from using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.