Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexter9898

Reaction score
You will have more complication then this. For example, if you want SCV, and do not want Starhub fiber boardband. Then how? Same true goes to Singtel.

Then don't need to watch Starhub if you don't switched to fibre. Like those insisted on using 2G phones, also LL switch to 3G.

caramon

Reaction score
Just bought a new Philips tv, 50PFT6200/98, which support DVB-C. Do I needs to buy a digital antenna to receive the FTA digital channels via SCV point?? If no, how do go about scanning for the channels??

TIA, noob in this digital tv stuff.
Read the qns raised by Leisure but still blur.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new Philips tv, 50PFT6200/98, which support DVB-C. Do I needs to buy a digital antenna to receive the FTA digital channels via SCV point?? If no, how do go about scanning for the channels??

TIA, noob in this digital tv stuff.
Read the qns raised by Leisure but still blur.

This model has DVB-C, what you need to do is to plug in the cable from SCV point. See the onscreen instructions to scan the channels

5JnyjB9.png

destan

Reaction score
Anyone has run internal trunking coaxial cable thru the feature wall of the TV console for DVB T2 antenna to the window if you are not using any digital set top box?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then don't need to watch Starhub if you don't switched to fibre. Like those insisted on using 2G phones, also LL switch to 3G.

But cable will be on sunset path. Everyone will have to move to fiber once announced.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But cable will be on sunset path. Everyone will have to move to fiber once announced.

True. My guess is by end of 2019 it will be gone. Now they still allow 12 mths contract.

Last edited:

marin3

Reaction score
Anyone has run internal trunking coaxial cable thru the feature wall of the TV console for DVB T2 antenna to the window if you are not using any digital set top box?
Yes my is run through the feature wall, however I did not need to place the antennae at the window as the signal is already good not far from the window.
Is there any particular concern you have?

destan

Reaction score
Yes my is run through the feature wall, however I did not need to place the antennae at the window as the signal is already good not far from the window.
Is there any particular concern you have?
I see. Therefore you use the cable thru the feature wall as an antenna? My concern is the the antenna cable too short from the TV to the window to have a good signal.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

marin3

Reaction score
I see. Therefore you use the cable thru the feature wall as an antenna? My concern is the the antenna cable too short from the TV to the window to have a good signal.

Now there is just a few things for your information.
I use an extension coaxial cable joined with an adaptor to create the extended length. I was worried that in the event signal goes weak I can simply moves the antennae to the window then.
I also have another device HDMI cable going through the feature wall lobang.
Was happy with the setup then realized that the signal from Channel U HD gets erratic (image freezing, mosaic, no signal .......) only this channel whenever I power up the Xbox HDMI connection.
Tested the direct connection with the antennae cable to TV without going through the lobang and signal was normal again.
Therefore changed the HDMI cable to those with better insulation and ferrite ring at both end (HDMI 2.0) type.
This time signal was stable but gets cut-off intermittently.
Then by chance I touch the coaxial joint adaptor (which is metal) and there was static charges.
Wrapped it with those rubber electrical tape (not plastic type) and problem solved.
Now Channel U HD (highest frequency) signal both stable and strong without any interference.
Hope this helps with your plan on your set up.;)

destan

Reaction score
Now there is just a few things for your information.
I use an extension coaxial cable joined with an adaptor to create the extended length. I was worried that in the event signal goes weak I can simply moves the antennae to the window then.
I also have another device HDMI cable going through the feature wall lobang.
Was happy with the setup then realized that the signal from Channel U HD gets erratic (image freezing, mosaic, no signal .......) only this channel whenever I power up the Xbox HDMI connection.
Tested the direct connection with the antennae cable to TV without going through the lobang and signal was normal again.
Therefore changed the HDMI cable to those with better insulation and ferrite ring at both end (HDMI 2.0) type.
This time signal was stable but gets cut-off intermittently.
Then by chance I touch the coaxial joint adaptor (which is metal) and there was static charges.
Wrapped it with those rubber electrical tape (not plastic type) and problem solved.
Now Channel U HD (highest frequency) signal both stable and strong without any interference.
Hope this helps with your plan on your set up.;)
Thanks for your feedback.

dexter9898

Reaction score
Just get a male to female Belling Lee type cable to extend your indoor antenna cables. The 5V for active antenna also is able to pass through this cable.

1200px-IEC_169-2_male_and_female_connector.JPG

destan

Reaction score
Just get a male to female Belling Lee type cable to extend your indoor antenna cables. The 5V for active antenna also is able to pass through this cable.

1200px-IEC_169-2_male_and_female_connector.JPG
Do you have a sample of the indoor active antenna?

jeffrey159

Reaction score
Anyone can help me?

i have this Samsung Model code : LA40A450C1XXS
Type no: LA40A450

i tried using the digital TV antenna and it's just fuzzy noise, but when my sis tried it on her tv, it's working perfectly fine.

is my model not supported?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can help me?

i tried using the digital TV antenna and it's just fuzzy noise, but when my sis tried it on her tv, it's working perfectly fine.

It looks like a non-local model, unlikely to support DVB-T2.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can help me?

This is a 2008 model, unlikely to support any DVB standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.