Wechat wallet

Ghost^recon

Reaction score
Need help. Going to Guangzhou soon and wanna use wechat pay. Can I asked my friends to transfer money to me and will I be able to make payment ?
I've tried to link my OCBC visa and it's accepted but however I'm unable to transfer money in.

U should be anle to accept ang pao but cannot top up

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that's great to know

i need to update my passport number also.
bring along your nric for secondary veri,, they a bit skeptical about differing passport#s.

sorry to bump up this thread...

my friend send me an ang pao... but i cannot receive... need to input china bank acc and ID number and mobile number...

i have 2 china bank accounts opened last time... using my old passport number... and also the china hp number which by now already cancelled...

any idea how to link so i can accept the ang pao?

i tried local DBS but dont have the option to choose....
1) China bank accounts#, likely frozen due to dormancy, cannot debit, until you make a in-person withdrawal.
2) Wechat likely will re-ask for an sms verification, after dormancy too.

Ghost^recon

Reaction score
bring along your nric for secondary veri,, they a bit skeptical about differing passport#s.

1) China bank accounts#, likely frozen due to dormancy, cannot debit, until you make a in-person withdrawal.
2) Wechat likely will re-ask for an sms verification, after dormancy too.

U mean my bank account will be frozen? How to reactivate it? Need to go down to the same branch i open? But my old passport already gone.. how?

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bring along old and new passport.

I just found out my DOB is wrong in the bank. using App, i can see.

So i need to go change it to correct one before i renew passport later part of the year....

Ghost^recon

Reaction score
Bring along old and new passport.

I just found out my DOB is wrong in the bank. using App, i can see.

So i need to go change it to correct one before i renew passport later part of the year....

old passport dunno where liaoz most probably throw away or something... how ah...

Ghost^recon

Reaction score
if i just fly to china and use any ATM to withdraw out all my cash will work? or my account will be frozen for inactivity for 3-4 years?

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i just fly to china and use any ATM to withdraw out all my cash will work? or my account will be frozen for inactivity for 3-4 years?

No idea for me... lol. But since still got card, i think can withdraw physically from ATM.

I never throw my last passport. cos i have VISAs for some countries. Esp China.
Good to keep for my work purpose...

If you have a photo of the passport, maybe can? since our passport inside got our IC number.

Ghost^recon

Reaction score
is alipay their version of paypal..?

i have an alipay account... dont think it is fully verified yet though... i just need to receive funds from a friend, and transfer to another friend. how do i set it up?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just returned from Shantou and Shenzhen trip. Things would be so much easier with WeChat pay.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From their faq, alipay is not compatible with alipay in other countries.

rapcon

Reaction score
Can we use wechat wallet to topup using sg credit card then transfer the money to someone with wechat in msia.

alvino

Reaction score
Don’t think can Topup wallet. I have my dbs card filed for merchant paymentt but under wallet section cannot top up wallet

jonesftw

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don’t think can Topup wallet. I have my dbs card filed for merchant paymentt but under wallet section cannot top up wallet
Many provision shop can topup. Some newspaper kiosk also

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.