Mastercard tap in TransitLink

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.posb.com.sg/personal/promotion/mastercard-contactless
Win a priceless experience at the UEFA Champions League
Tap & go™ with your POSB Mastercard® Cards today!

Exclusive to Mastercard cardholders, your POSB Mastercard now brings you closer to the priceless moment of football with an opportunity to experience the most prestigious football competition - The UEFA Champions League Final Kyiv 2018.

Earn 1 x entry for every 10 Mastercard contactless transactions OR 1 x entry for every S$10 charged with your Account Based Ticketing on trains and buses. 15 lucky winners stand to win prizes worth USD $15,500 each, including:

4D3N accommodation in Kiyv, Ukraine (24 to 27 May 2018)
A pair of tickets to the UEFA Champions League Final Kyiv 2018 match
A prepaid Mastercard card worth US$250
Accumulate your chance today from 1 Nov 2017 till 31 Jan 2018. T&Cs apply.

Tickets are courtesy of Mastercard, Official sponsor of the UEFA Champions League

Terms and Conditions apply
https://www.posb.com.sg/iwov-resources/pdf/cards/promotions/mastercard_contactless_uefa_tnc.pdf

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I get that sometimes on the Downtown line.
Hmmmm mine is any line also cannot.

J61nvqI.jpg

Later call up Transitlink and see what's the possible problem

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine also suddenly few days back cannot be used anymore. don't know what happened
Well, the MRT staff can't help me.
I called up Transitlink ABT ppl and reported the problem, they said they would look into it but until now no news.
So I also don't know what happened. Bopian, switched back to nets flashpay cepas card in the meantime

theking_smen

Reaction score
mine SCB unlimited cashback card stopped working since Dec... contacted SCB they say their side were okay... too lazy to contact transitlink... thus revert back to ezlink cards...

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you checked your ABT online account ?

After a period of inactivity, as a security precaution, your cards will be auto disabled.

You have to login again and re enable your credit card .

mine SCB unlimited cashback card stopped working since Dec... contacted SCB they say their side were okay... too lazy to contact transitlink... thus revert back to ezlink cards...

revogsx

Reaction score
my POSB card did not work today after 10 months of ABT use,

tried in retail shop for simple paypass tap also failed, got error "use another card". POSB will send a replacement card

wheelloader

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, the MRT staff can't help me.
I called up Transitlink ABT ppl and reported the problem, they said they would look into it but until now no news.
So I also don't know what happened. Bopian, switched back to nets flashpay cepas card in the meantime

Thanks. can give update if they do reply you?

lucky I always carry spare ezlink card. if not board bus liao then find out cannot work and no spare card look like a fool knn

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. can give update if they do reply you?

lucky I always carry spare ezlink card. if not board bus liao then find out cannot work and no spare card look like a fool knn
They called me today and said nothing they can do on their end. And that I have to call my bank and ask why the bank is rejecting ABT pre-authorizations with error code 5. I don't know if I want to bother lol.

[edit] Anyway I asked Citibank, and here's what the reply is:

"Good day to you

We wish to inform you that there was a technical error has occurred in
receipt of the transaction information for the purchase being made.
The merchant will need to reprocess the transaction

Thank you for your patience and understanding"

In short, nobody in the entire chain of things knows what on earth is going on and/or how to fix it.

Last edited:

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the best credit card when doing manual top up at GTM machine? Thanks

johanyu

Reaction score
They called me today and said nothing they can do on their end. And that I have to call my bank and ask why the bank is rejecting ABT pre-authorizations with error code 5. I don't know if I want to bother lol.

"Good day to you

In short, nobody in the entire chain of things knows what on earth is going on and/or how to fix it.

sound like ABT is a proof of failure, visa must be laugh

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have always managed to use my CIMB MasterCard without any problems.
This was across MRT and bus platforms.

Other cards I tested successfully ( however 1x only ) during the trial were my POSB Everyday MC and STAND CHART UNLIMITED MC.

The only “ problem “ I had was that ABT sent me a notification that one of my MC would be deactivated due to inactivity.
I had to manually add it again.

sound like ABT is a proof of failure, visa must be laugh

wheelloader

Master Member
Reaction score

"Good day to you

Thanks for your update. a bunch of people that don't know what's going on. just keep pushing here and there. oh well back to using ezlink

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.