OCBC Titanium Mastercard

Tyrhung

Reaction score
Well.. some updates. Senior member from the OCBC team called me, apologized for the problem and said that it is actually not an MCC issue and that their customer service staff were not properly trained on this area and just used the MCC point as a wrong reason. Apparently in my case there was an IT issue where their IT team left out some number in their posting mechanism...

If so, then seems like OCBC created a mountain out of air thanks to poorly trained staff....

Just called OCBC regarding the TR. Indeed their staff is poorly trained. 45mins of call time and unable to resolve. Need to direct the staff to the ocbc specific url and they just read from the page.

elnewbie

Reaction score
So did u finally get your points from the Amazon purchases ?

Well.. some updates. Senior member from the OCBC team called me, apologized for the problem and said that it is actually not an MCC issue and that their customer service staff were not properly trained on this area and just used the MCC point as a wrong reason. Apparently in my case there was an IT issue where their IT team left out some number in their posting mechanism...

If so, then seems like OCBC created a mountain out of air thanks to poorly trained staff....

vince123123

Reaction score
OCBC can you confirm whether a cardholder with both the OCBC Blue and Pink Titanium Poins can enjoy the Ikea promotion of spend $150 get $10 gift card promotion twice since he has 2 cards? Anecdotal experiences related by others seem to indicate inconsistency by the OCBC staff manning the counter. I hope its not another instance of inadequate training.

talan_z

Reaction score
OCBC can you confirm whether a cardholder with both the OCBC Blue and Pink Titanium Poins can enjoy the Ikea promotion of spend $150 get $10 gift card promotion twice since he has 2 cards? Anecdotal experiences related by others seem to indicate inconsistency by the OCBC staff manning the counter. I hope its not another instance of inadequate training.

That worked for me earlier this week. Just give it a try.

AMD_FREAK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Actually I have to agree the OCBC staff @ Ikea is quite noob.. I asked him if I buy gift cards, charge to the Titanium Rewards card, can I get the $10 gift card? He said cannot.. Must be retail spending like furnitures accessories etc..

I still went ahead and buy $1k of gift cards, and bring receipts to him. He accepted lol:s13:

chickydevil

Reaction score
Hi djr81,

Yes, this applies to all merchants.

Exclusions (to name a few) for 10X OCBC$ mobile payments includes:
- Tax payments
- Online and In-app transactions
- Instalment Payment Plans

You may refer to (C) of the Terms & Conditions for more details - https://www.ocbc.com/assets/pdf/cards/terms-conditions-10xrewards-titanium.pdf?rand=1

^DG

Hi OCBC,

For this card, if i use it for insurance premium payment (NOT via AXS), will i be able to earn OCBC$ ? I understand it could be just OCBC$1 but still it's better than nothing. I read your TnC of this card but did not see insurance premiums as one of the exclusions. Please correct me if i am wrong.

vince123123

Reaction score
What I want is for OCBC to give a firm written reply here on the position due to differing experiences from differing people. Some say they can some say they were refused.

OCBC needs to train the counter staff properly and not leave it to the individual whim of whoever who is happening to man the counters.

The written reply will help to manage expectations and avoid unpleasant encounters.

Given that the promo is ending soon, OCBC should respond asap and not let take the easy way out by letting efluxion of time overtake events.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Just called OCBC regarding the TR. Indeed their staff is poorly trained. 45mins of call time and unable to resolve. Need to direct the staff to the ocbc specific url and they just read from the page.

Hi Tyrhung,

We are sorry to learn of this.

Do PM us should you have any queries and we'll be glad to advise,

^WX

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
What I want is for OCBC to give a firm written reply here on the position due to differing experiences from differing people. Some say they can some say they were refused.

OCBC needs to train the counter staff properly and not leave it to the individual whim of whoever who is happening to man the counters.

The written reply will help to manage expectations and avoid unpleasant encounters.

Given that the promo is ending soon, OCBC should respond asap and not let take the easy way out by letting efluxion of time overtake events.

Actually I have to agree the OCBC staff @ Ikea is quite noob.. I asked him if I buy gift cards, charge to the Titanium Rewards card, can I get the $10 gift card? He said cannot.. Must be retail spending like furnitures accessories etc..

I still went ahead and buy $1k of gift cards, and bring receipts to him. He accepted lol:s13:

Hi vince 123123, talan_z, AMD_FREAK,

Thank you all for participating in our promotion.

The $10 gift is limited to 1 per cardmember as per our terms and conditions.

We note all your feedback on this and have shared them with the relevant department.

^WX

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

For this card, if i use it for insurance premium payment (NOT via AXS), will i be able to earn OCBC$ ? I understand it could be just OCBC$1 but still it's better than nothing. I read your TnC of this card but did not see insurance premiums as one of the exclusions. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Hi chickydevil,

If the payment is a one-time payment, and does not fall under the categories mentioned in 3(g) of our terms and conditions, it should give 1X OCBC$.

If you have made such a transaction and was not awarded, please PM and we’ll be glad to assist.

^WX

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi invisible999,

It would refer to any of the 10X OCBC$ categories which are shown on our website.

I am sorry to press it again, but in this thread there is prime example of one person who was denied points for certain categories (books/etc) and these categories are NOT mentioned (either being or no being awarded) on T/C. Yet, that person was awarded points after escalation.

So, do we have to escalate points awards every time on Amazon purchases?

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
I am sorry to press it again, but in this thread there is prime example of one person who was denied points for certain categories (books/etc) and these categories are NOT mentioned (either being or no being awarded) on T/C. Yet, that person was awarded points after escalation.

Hi invisible999,

Categories shown on our website will give 10X OCBC$ automatically on Amazon.

If you have made a transaction in such a category, but was not awarded, please PM us so that we may look into it.

^WX

Pete

Reaction score
Strange to see a late fee when the payment was sent by the due date (12/2). I understand that interbank payments take a few days but why is OCBC the only one with this problem. I pay all my other credit card bills on the due date and have never had a problem.

fI9fpuF.jpg

tth_ben

Reaction score

I was told that the points calculated were actually all along in the extra points they gave to me when I raised the discrepancy at first instance. But that due to poor customer service staff training, the staff actually had no idea what was going on and made up an excuse to respond to my underlying query of why there was even a discrepancy in the first place. Effectively that is what I understood happened..

tth_ben

Reaction score
Strange to see a late fee when the payment was sent by the due date (12/2). I understand that interbank payments take a few days but why is OCBC the only one with this problem. I pay all my other credit card bills on the due date and have never had a problem.

fI9fpuF.jpg

I have to say that I had this issue before too. Made payment transfer one day before due date and got late charge. They claim it is because it takes time to process but as you said, I sometimes do it on or one day before for other banks, when I forget due to work, and never had a problem for other banks...

vagtky26

Reaction score
10x rewards

hi

I just got my card last month.
I have made spend of about $2058 (of which i believe all are elegible spend for 10x $OCBC).

However, I have only received 2052 + 1812 (adjusted).

May I know where i have calculated wrongly?

tks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.