 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

EV1L

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You managed to register your virtual card at City Hall transitlink office successfully before having your physical EZLink MasterCard converted to deduct via ABT at any GTM?

Yes, i just activate APPLE Pay and select POSB Everyday card and scan it on the reader and it was done just like that with the staff telling me that i can only use it after 7 working days.

I am not sure if it will work without activating the physical card at the GTM. I can only do the activation on 10 Apr which i will do it.

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
...I am not sure if it will work without activating the physical card at the GTM. I can only do the activation on 10 Apr which i will do it.

Don't need to wait the "3-days", I managed to get my CEPAS card (my physical mastercard registered in my ABT acct) converted to deduct via "bank card usage" at a GTM after 1 full day upon registration.

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
My encounter was when boarding bus, both machine cant detect my bank card, but only detect it as CEPAS/ez link card. It keep show insufficient amount.

Explain to the bus uncle, but he stupid stupid dun understand wat **** im talking.
In the end, have to alight, damn PS sia.
Kena 3 times liao, all same bus uncle.
Therefore, when i saw the same bus uncle, i will rather wait for next bus.

Another encounter was I can tap when boarding. But when alight, machines cant detect as bank card as well. In the end, jus alight without tapping.
I nv go to the front to tap cuz too many ppl in the bus liao.

Sibei sian.

PS, im using the cc directly, not mentioning abt using apple pay. haha

Last edited:

Slavor

Reaction score
What credit/debit card are you using? Sounds like you very suay. Once my posb passion card died on me and I had to get a new card and re apply for abt. Iphone and apple watch shouldn't have that problem hopefully

My encounter was when boarding bus, both machine cant detect my bank card, but only detect it as CEPAS/ez link card. It keep show insufficient amount.

Explain to the bus uncle, but he stupid stupid dun understand wat **** im talking.

Another encounter was I can tap when boarding. But when alight, machines cant detect as bank card as well. In the end, jus alight without tapping.

Sibei sian.

coloumbiaGames

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sibei sian.

Had similar issue as well just that my card doesn't have NFP/CEPAS.

tap in bus totally no response. Went to mrt station able to enter but unable to exit. :s22:

Tried using after 10 working days after I added my card into
abt wrbsite. Feedback to transitlink say will investigate until now no call etc.:s22:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In previous posts, we seasoned MasterCard trial users have advised users to use GTM to switch the transaction mode to banks card mode. By default, all such cards with ezlink!flashpay features are all defaulted to cepas mode.

Even if you registered on abt portal, manual switch is still needed.

You can refer to post 1 for more info..

Sibei sian.

PS, im using the cc directly, not mentioning abt using apple pay. haha

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not just that, even if you can exit, you'll get missing exit or missing entry occasionally. It is not perfect now and users are always encouraged to use abt portal to monitor statement.

tap in bus totally no response. Went to mrt station able to enter but unable to exit. :s22:

abt wrbsite. Feedback to transitlink say will investigate until now no call etc.:s22:

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
What credit/debit card are you using? Sounds like you very suay. Once my posb passion card died on me and I had to get a new card and re apply for abt. Iphone and apple watch shouldn't have that problem hopefully

posb everyday cc. i suspect is how they configure the tap machine.

phone n aw only have to reconfigure when u reset the phone, remove the card and re-add, etc.

ya, i also feedback. only reply with thanks n will investigate.
but weird thing is, after they reply me, for the past few days later, i nv see the same bus uncle at the same timing again. LOL

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
In previous posts, we seasoned MasterCard trial users have advised users to use GTM to switch the transaction mode to banks card mode. By default, all such cards with ezlink!flashpay features are all defaulted to cepas mode.

Even if you registered on abt portal, manual switch is still needed.

You can refer to post 1 for more info..

was already configured to bank mode card. all other place no issue only when taking that particular bus. lol

Not just that, even if you can exit, you'll get missing exit or missing entry occasionally. It is not perfect now and users are always encouraged to use abt portal to monitor statement.

ya, but i notice that some ppl tap the card after the previous person tap. so actually the machine did not detect tio their card.

so i guess have to wait for awhile after the previous guy have tapped. and also make sure when u tap, the screen detect ur card b4 exit.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahas them I guess you suay.. hahas..

Actually I don't understand why people want to dash across the gantry as if got erp.. slow down and look at the screen if the card is registered mah..

My first virgin Samsung pay on gear sport has successfully entered mrt gantry liao.. yay..

was already configured to bank mode card. all other place no issue only when taking that particular bus. lol

ya, but i notice that some ppl tap the card after the previous person tap. so actually the machine did not detect tio their card.

so i guess have to wait for awhile after the previous guy have tapped. and also make sure when u tap, the screen detect ur card b4 exit.

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score

Dingding6

Reaction score
Hahas them I guess you suay.. hahas..

Actually I don't understand why people want to dash across the gantry as if got erp.. slow down and look at the screen if the card is registered mah..

My first virgin Samsung pay on gear sport has successfully entered mrt gantry liao.. yay..

Does your Samsung Pay virtual card number appears in your ABT "My Card" section?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not yet..

Based on faq, Samsung pay can set payment card as default, to kick out the nfc ezlink from interfering, but so far cannot add yet, no such option also.

So to avoid all the hassle, I used my gear sport instead.

Apple users can also use their Apple watches to try first to avoid the hassle of authentication..

Does your Samsung Pay virtual card number appears in your ABT "My Card" section?

tec_geek

Reaction score
Registered on Friday and I’ve just tried it on my iPhone on a bus today. Works like a charm! Though I haven’t tried like a hybrid (MRT + bus) ride.

There wouldn’t be any transactions recorded in the Apple Pay wallet but just the usually tick that a transaction is successful.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.