 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

chinnian

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip off here. Registered last Fri. Just tried on bus with iPhone 7. Worked! Will try with Apple Watch on MRT later.

Slavor

Reaction score
Long post ahead:

Now with mobile payments for public transport, I was looking into completely removing my dependence on my wallet and just relying on phone for payments and cash.

As much as I would like to pay everything with apple pay, Singapore is still mostly a cash first country. I was thinking of setting up a uob account with a mastercard to use their contactless ATMs, but I'm quite comfortable with OCBC at the moment and putting just 500-700 in a uob account just to withdraw cash seems a bit silly when I have 2 bank accounts already.

Then I recalled that I passed by an advertisement for an app that you can draw money from retailers nearby, socash. Just now during lunch I tried it out and it was quite interesting; there was a retailer near my workplace that offered socash and I managed to withdraw $30 via the app. All you need to do is to scan the retailer's QR code using the app, and they will direct you to log into your DBS account to authorize a payment to the app. And within a second the funds transfered over and the lady at the shop passed me $30.

I'm definitely not working for these guys but I thought it's an interesting app to use, especially for those who want to leave their house with only a phone. And right now new joiners during April can get $5 promo: e.g. You withdraw $30 from you bank account to the app and you only get deducted $25.

Link to the app:
https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/socash/id1315653525?mt=8

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
cool, register last fri as well.

will try after work later for bus xfer to mrt then xfer again to bus/lrt.

GamerZ

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody got this error when registering a new card at ABT? I am trying to register my SCB Unlimited Master Card which I already added to Apple Pay.
An error has been identified and we are unable to add this card to your account. Please re-enter the correct card information.

Slavor

Reaction score
Looks familiar, I might have encountered it when i was trying to re-enable my passion card. How far did you go before you faced this issue?

Anybody got this error when registering a new card at ABT? I am trying to register my SCB Unlimited Master Card which I already added to Apple Pay.

GamerZ

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks familiar, I might have encountered it when i was trying to re-enable my passion card. How far did you go before you faced this issue?

After entering the OTP. It brings me back to ABT and it shows the error.

It seems Foreign Banks doesn't work. I have POSB Everyday card and it got added.

Slavor

Reaction score
Definitely not the case. I enrolled my standchart unlimited cashback card before on ABT. I think you will need to call standchart about this issue. A similar issue happened to me for my posb passion card after I entered the OTP and after I called DBS they fixed the issue somehow.

After entering the OTP. It brings me back to ABT and it shows the error.

It seems Foreign Banks doesn't work. I have POSB Everyday card and it got added.

GamerZ

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely not the case. I enrolled my standchart unlimited cashback card before on ABT. I think you will need to call standchart about this issue. A similar issue happened to me for my posb passion card after I entered the OTP and after I called DBS they fixed the issue somehow.

got it! So it might be a bank problem!

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am a bit lost track here.

I have been using ABT on my Everyday card since last year. I have an ABT account.

I have just added this same card into my Apple Wallet.

So, what else that I need to do, to use this mobile payment ABT?

Thanks all.

Slavor

Reaction score
Please read the first post.

I am a bit lost track here.

I have been using ABT on my Everyday card since last year. I have an ABT account.

I have just added this same card into my Apple Wallet.

So, what else that I need to do, to use this mobile payment ABT?

Thanks all.

wharzhee

Reaction score
Just wanted to add that I’ve registered on Saturday. And i just went thru the gantry with my Apple Watch this evening.

Slavor

Reaction score
Tapped out with no issue too.

However like one poster say, AW users with left wrist are highly likely to misjudge the tapping distance needed and may even smack the watch on the scanner. When I tapped out it took longer than expected to scan because it wasn't close enough, and I had to move the watch closer. Can imagine slamming it soon hahaa

Registered last Friday and managed to tap in on an NSL station!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.