Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aditshar

Reaction score
Connect the nvidia shield tv to your tv
You can change the sound source on ur tv to use internal speaker or ARC HDMI for reciever.

Do u connect nividia shield to a receiver ? Right now the shield tv need the receiver to be turn on in order for the shield to sw on as well. How can I twitch the setting so that the shield tv can switch on without switching on the receiver

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in with a quick impressions post. I bought the shield tv after some deliberation, mainly because i had the mibox before and it was annoying with the random bugs / shut-downs, video file incompatibility, so i wasn't confident of another android tv box.

But the shield has been very impressive so far. It is lightning fast and extremely fluid. Navigation through the menus is a complete breeze. Much faster than the mibox.

Streaming 4K in plex can occasionally stutter, but this may be due to the fault of my network rather than the player, so I've hooked it up via ethernet. Works well, no trouble fast forwarding even 4k videos.

Video quality is outstanding, subtitles are where they should be. Everything just works really well. If you're on the fence, just get it.

pustefix

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in with a quick impressions post. I bought the shield tv after some deliberation, mainly because i had the mibox before and it was annoying with the random bugs / shut-downs, video file incompatibility, so i wasn't confident of another android tv box.

I also have both Shield and Mibox but I didn't find any major issue with Mibox. In fact, if your usage does not include games or 4K streaming, Mibox should be good enough. What are the issues that you are facing with Mibox? The following are some issues that I am seeing but they are not deal breaker:

- Unable to chromecast to Mibox in standby mode, Shield is ok.
- Occasionally pressing power button on remote will put Mibox in standby then on again, need to press a second time for Mibox to go into standby.
- The remote on Mibox is definitely better than the one for Shield (too thin, tend to disappear into sofa, volume hard to adjust, need to charge often, no power button).

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the most part, the mibox is fine. But it's overall not as polished a package as the shield, which is understandable given the price point. The video output quality of the mibox is also not as good as shield.

You just mentioned one of the bugs regarding the power button, though I personally didn't encounter that. Just goes to show it's a buggy device. I had random crashes in some apps that I spent a lot of time googling for solutions, but couldn't solve.

Yes, mibox's '4k' is almost like a beta implementation

mrhowzzat

Reaction score
Where can I get the best deal on nvidia shield tv 2017 .. does any retail outlet in Singapore demo this .

mrhowzzat

Reaction score
But there will not be any warranty on items ordered through Amazon or they need to be sent back if any issue happens . It’s available on Q0010 but no running offers and it’s again an imported model but the seller gives warranty for 1 year.

phoenix_rfe

Reaction score
hi guys, anyone of u have problems trying to play the geforce now games? i just bought a nvidia shield tv 2017 but im not able to play any of the geforce now games even though i have signed up for the membership.

Aditshar

Reaction score
Not true. I got 1 faulty nvidia gamepad. I did a live chat with nvidia via their website and they replaced it for me. I got mine from Amazon.

But there will not be any warranty on items ordered through Amazon or they need to be sent back if any issue happens . It’s available on Q0010 but no running offers and it’s again an imported model but the seller gives warranty for 1 year.

c1steady

Reaction score
Connect the nvidia shield tv to your tv
You can change the sound source on ur tv to use internal speaker or ARC HDMI for reciever.
thanks for the solution. Never thought of using ARC HDMI. Now very Happy

c1steady

Reaction score
I am experiencing slow response with my mouse when I use it with Firefox or chrome. Any of u having the same problem

Aditshar

Reaction score
Change to a high DPI mouse. I previously had the same prob. Then i try logitech gaming mouse crank up the dpi and it solve my prob.

I am experiencing slow response with my mouse when I use it with Firefox or chrome. Any of u having the same problem

mosasoma

Reaction score
Hey all, does the shield tv support the DVB-T2 tuner for SG channels? thinking of getting it for my parents

Aditshar

Reaction score
If the tv have a build-in DVB-T2 tuner, just get an external antenna to get local HD channels. You dont require the nvidia shield tv for local HD channel. But if you want those overseas channels or IPTV, then get the shield.

do you have any recommended usb tuners?

mosasoma

Reaction score
hmm, it does not have the tuner dvb-t2 tuner. hence i was wondering if the shield can support both local HD channel at the same time access overseas channels

Aditshar

Reaction score
For ease of use, get a dvb-t2 tuner for the tv will do. Nvidia Shield Tv is an android box with gaming capability. It gg to be underutilized if you gg to use it just for tv channel. There are cheaper android box out there with paid iptv that support both local HD and overseas channels. You can consider those options.

hmm, it does not have the tuner dvb-t2 tuner. hence i was wondering if the shield can support both local HD channel at the same time access overseas channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.