[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost^recon

Reaction score
anybody know how to build a land area and water area vivarium / paludarium...?

i bought the foam spray thing liaoz... but i heard land area need to have holes for excess water to seep tru...

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
dont have leh. Not too familiar with plants... So just whack only. I used to have another tank with substrates and ferts. But big mess when rescaping and cleaning. Got rid of them after 2 years. lol. What plants are good for my tank?

Never had issues witth algae over the 5 years that ive been keeping fish. i guess i never over feed ba. sometimes I let them starve for a couple days before i feed.

2. I using google pixel 2 to take the photos. Thn upload on imgur lor. No edits. I thnk is your camera!

This tank was before my current set up. I have since moved that two parrotfish to my 2000 litres pond.
FeXveDk.jpg

Uj7yOHz.jpg

Only had this setup for 2 weeks before i moved to the current 4ft tank.

Without base fert u can only keep nana, fern and moss.

vickyboi

Reaction score
Any advice for growing carpet moss in an established tank?

Am thinking of changing my substrate to something that supports proper plant growth and want to carpet moss.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Any advice for growing carpet moss in an established tank?

Am thinking of changing my substrate to something that supports proper plant growth and want to carpet moss.

you don't need substrate to grow moss.
cool water is more impt.

procmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
believe both safe and prime are fine, however when i was using the powder form, i will pour the powder into a bucket of water first, den mix it up before adding to the tank den i top up

Thank you :)

vickyboi

Reaction score
you can add a fan to lower the temp.
moss can be quite nice as foreground plant.

e6ab3cd5f7aae8bc8dd1a1389d473f1f.jpg
Exactly the kind I want to grow. Are there aquarium specific fans? And must they be on all the time?

Niccolo Machiavelli

Master Member
Reaction score
Exactly the kind I want to grow. Are there aquarium specific fans? And must they be on all the time?

yup can get aquarium fans. they are not ex, and electricity consumption is low.

but you will lose a lot of water through evaporation, so need to top up the water daily. Can switch on in the day and switch off at night since night time cooler.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score

something like this depending on your tank size.
turn it on when your aquarium lights are on.
mt84YSQRx9o5kwEPO4f4XuA.jpg

Archnemo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I came across algae removal by spraying hydrogen peroxide directly at the area of algae in the tank. Anyone here used this method here? Where u got your hydrogen peroxide from?

cybstorm

Reaction score
Hydrogen peroxide should be available at normal pharmacies like watsons. I think some ppl use seachem excel to remove algae as well. Especially BBA.

ljohn78

Reaction score
Just checking. Anyone here buy aquarium related items from taobao? Like equipments such as light or pump or co2 stuff. What is the feedback?

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy cheap no buy cheapest

Hit and misses open eye read review
Cannot ship out direct
Ezbuy

Just checking. Anyone here buy aquarium related items from taobao? Like equipments such as light or pump or co2 stuff. What is the feedback?

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.