 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
i don't know how you position your finger, but if i were to use finger as a gap,

when i grab my phone, palm on the screen, finger on the side, it's like a spider leg on the side of the phone, like that you can easily adjust a fixed gap

like the 1st picture, but palm at the screen instead of back

your method means u r tapping the back cover? not pointing like remote control.
btw the 1st image is the correct way of using apple pay when paying at merchant. pointing the top at the reader

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Finally added Citibank into Apple Pay already. Can see my premier miles as default rather than the POSB Everyday card.

but the citi apple pay promotion is only 4 miles (around 2.8% cashback) compared to 20x points and 5% cashback for other cards. seems like the promotion for miles card is not that attractive. other bank's card no promotion also can get 3% or 5% cashback for paywave.

Dingding6

Reaction score
your method means u r tapping the back cover? not pointing like remote control.
btw the 1st image is the correct way of using apple pay when paying at merchant. pointing the top at the reader

you just need to move your thumb and index finger up to the top, then you can tap the top of the phone with your finger as a gap

or if it look awkward, you can place your finger and the botom half of your phone, but the phone higher to your 2nd partition of your finger, while tilt the phone 45 degree or how many degree you prefer to look like pointing a remote control.

it's just how you position your finger

Last edited:

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
you just need to move your thumb and index finger up to the top, then you can tap the top of the phone with your finger as a gap

or if it look awkward, you can place your finger and the botom half of your phone, but the phone higher to your 2nd partition of your finger, while tilt the phone 45 degree or how many degree you prefer to look like pointing a remote control.

it's just how you position your finger

sounds complicated. so u have tested that the finger gap works good? which is around 1cm?

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw this on SGAG and I think it truly represents us (or at least for me) when the terminal doesn't detect or work with our device.

wNcCfMY.jpg

This is so me.

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but the citi apple pay promotion is only 4 miles (around 2.8% cashback) compared to 20x points and 5% cashback for other cards. seems like the promotion for miles card is not that attractive. other bank's card no promotion also can get 3% or 5% cashback for paywave.

Wow bro. Thanks for pointing out. Looks like will use rewards card as default for the time being until the promo is over.

Also what other bank card no promo also got 3% or 5%?

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just noticed this eVoucher thing on the ABT site, has anyone tried it out yet?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What evoucher?

When you update the transitlink app from android, it will appear as one of the feature in which you can buy prepaid credits for people to use. Not sure if this is updated for iOS app yet.

fitzerspaniel

Reaction score
Will this evoucher thing be ABT’s solution to suica style virtual card on the iPhone? Where they’ll still allow Apple to introduce ez-link in iPhone while keeping transaction records entirely separate from CEPAS by using evouchers

Just noticed this eVoucher thing on the ABT site, has anyone tried it out yet?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will this evoucher thing be ABT’s solution to suica style virtual card on the iPhone? Where they’ll still allow Apple to introduce ez-link in iPhone while keeping transaction records entirely separate from CEPAS by using evouchers

No? this feature is entirely different from suica and i guess you're thinking too much into it.

eVoucher is like a prepaid credits which can be registered to your own CAN, or another recipient's CAN. It is not an automatic process, as a physical card is needed to top up from GTM, AVM or transitlink office.

This is more useful for school going children topping up their cepas card and even for elderly. You will also find this useful for tourists with local friends who can lend their own ezlink to their friends.

This eVoucher thingy has been in force since 2015 and its not a new system. This feature is new cos its just being incorporated into the app and is made available for public. Previously, this eVoucher feature was used by the government to issue transport credits for not-so-well-to-do households with school going children..

Last edited:

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No? this feature is entirely different from suica and i guess you're thinking too much into it.

eVoucher is like a prepaid credits which can be registered to your own CAN, or another recipient's CAN. It is not an automatic process, as a physical card is needed to top up from GTM, AVM or transitlink office.

This is more useful for school going children topping up their cepas card and even for elderly. You will also find this useful for tourists with local friends who can lend their own ezlink to their friends.

This eVoucher thingy has been in force since 2015 and its not a new system. This feature is new cos its just being incorporated into the app and is made available for public. Previously, this eVoucher feature was used by the government to issue transport credits for not-so-well-to-do households with school going children..
Oh, so basically if I buy an eVoucher for my ezlink card, I'll still have to go to one of those machine to claim the credits, as if i'm topping up my ezlink card?

fitzerspaniel

Reaction score
Ahhh I see I see..... my bad

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

DarkTemplar

Reaction score
using OCBC TR with Pixel 2XL and Samsung Gear S3
both are working well so far

only complaint is the speed - wish it's a little faster

Hi do you need to unlock and start Google pay app, or is it more like the iPhone + Suica experience where you just tap the phone?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Google pay requires user to unlock the screen and tap, provided the registered card is already the default card.

Gear s3 uses Samsung pay, which requires manual activation of card before tapping.

The suica experience only Samsung pay beta is supporting as of now, which I'm trialling this new app now.

Hi do you need to unlock and start Google pay app, or is it more like the iPhone + Suica experience where you just tap the phone?

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.