[OFFICIAL] Pokemon Go - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Just came back from ex raid. Surprisingly a large turnout since it's a week day. As usual, lots of people helping one another to form private groups, and after that lots of aunties queuing to get experts to help them catch. It's good to see people helping one another. This is the usual sop in ex raids nowadays.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

the bad is ex raid is too rigid.. not flexible..

the good is.. ya.. can see people playing.. "bonding" n gets people out.

mine is at 4pm later.. i still not sure if i can go out. :s13: maybe can.. if no last min meeting appt. :vijayadmin:

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
That why sometime ago I posted that maybe it is good that we reverted to the old days of no maps etc.

Of course it is extremely difficult almost near possible to get that 100%. Maybe difficult to complete pokedex too - unowns, chimecho, etc are almost impossible wo maps. And high chance will waste some daily passes for office workers like myself

even if caught.. likely u will transfer it without knowing it also..

I not sure how u guys do it.. but i dont appraise all the wild pokemon i caught... only the rare 1 or if cp is high or if got "feel" that one could be good.. then will appraise.

come to think of it.. maybe ill suggest something to NN...
able to filter >82% is good. Another method could be.. >82% are unable to be mass transfer or when u want to transfer it will ask u again.. (ie need double confirmation- like how current shiny/event/legendary pokemon are)

Or.. at ur pokemon box.. there is some kind of logo or the pokemon background is diff color (u know.. newly caught have this light blue tint right.. they could make another color.. if that 1 is >82%)

2 cents.

Last edited:

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If only all trainers in Singapore think like you with good gyming etiquette, life as a trainer will be so much better. I have seen the good side and not so good side of fighting gyms here. There was one gym I tried to take down as I noticed its been there for more than 8 hours, but to my bewilderment, one chap is still throwing the razz berries to defend the gym! I was very agitated, and decided to fight him (usually I will walk away as a good etiquette). Took me another 30 minutes to make him give up. I mean, if he should already gotten the 50 coins, why not give others a chance?

But luckily I also encounter good gym experiences, like one situation where a grandma and her grand daughter trying to take down a gym but the defenders keep throwing berries. One kind young chap came in, told them not to worry, and flashed out his handphone and started to bring down the gym. I was nearby doing groceries, and decided to help out too. I think a few others also joined in and in no time, we took down the gym. The grandma and grand daughter got the priority to slot in their mons and everyone were happy we did something good that day.

The first paragraph experience is the same as mine. Very selfish. Don't want to give others a chance.

jannworld

Reaction score
Yah I might have transfer a 100 pidgey or ratta too lol. For me I will look at the Pokémon and it’s rarity. Like pidgeys I couldn’t be bother to appraise.

even if caught.. likely u will transfer it without knowing it also..

I not sure how u guys do it.. but i dont appraise all the wild pokemon i caught... only the rare 1 or if cp is high or if got "feel" that one could be good.. then will appraise.

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
6 and up acc hoot
I think got gb also bak boleh tahan the onslaught

if so many pple hoot..
ya.. that person will feed until he buay tahan also.. in this case.. no point feeding also..

unless less pple attacking.. u feed gao gao.. can troll that attacker gao gao.. but many pple hoot.. its the feeder that is getting trolled.. sort of.
:s13:

hai... lame la basically.. pple just need to be less selfish n be more considerate.. but.. that only happen in a perfect world.:(

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Yah I might have transfer a 100 pidgey or ratta too lol. For me I will look at the Pokémon and it’s rarity. Like pidgeys I couldn’t be bother to appraise.

i only know agar agar.. if weather boosted.. n PG got above 500 CP.. likely its a very good one..

becos i remb the above.. i have like 3 or isit 4.. lvl30++ iv95% n 100%..

:s22:

no use.. but.. oh well. lol. just keep afew for fun:s22:

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Without map hunting is like a jackpot, you never know what you will encounter

yea.. it is fun in a way.. but without maps.. also takes away another kind of fun..

for eg.. last time got map.. kaki will jio out.. lets go for a spin.. hunt liao then jiak supper or talk rubbish.. etc etc.. good times...

now.. the above is not possible liao.

Pogo is like a bridge to make other things possible.. if u get what i mean...

but of cos.. if person is a lone ranger.. then.. the effect is alot lesser.

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
The first paragraph experience is the same as mine. Very selfish. Don't want to give others a chance.

"sinkie pwn sinkie"

but in a long run... they piss off people n less people play..
n when that happens... they will get sian n maybe stop playing too.. ie self pwn..

:s22:

jannworld

Reaction score
I think only those old players who had played in the early days will understand why we said random hunting is more fun. Of course maps give more precise and higher quality Pokémons but the fun factor is reduced

Like I commented earlier that I still kept my tier2 is/dp lapras because it was caught in the early MBS days craze wo maps. Ironically somewhere last year I caught a 100% in MBS again but this time with maps. And I remember I still take my time to go toilet after reaching MBS because sgpokemap informed got 30mins left lol. In terms of usage of course the 100% is stronger but frankly I didn’t felt the same level of sentiment value for it compare to the one that was caught in the mad rush wo maps

Recently in the 2x candy event I transfer some 84-89% tyranitars for candies. Assuming if we had played wo maps for wild catches and raids I doubt I will get enough high ivs and transfer those lower grade tier 1 away. Just like BT says in that video if no maps exists he would have surely power up his 82% snorlax during the gen1 days.

yea.. it is fun in a way.. but without maps.. also takes away another kind of fun..

for eg.. last time got map.. kaki will jio out.. lets go for a spin.. hunt liao then jiak supper or talk rubbish.. etc etc.. good times...

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
I think only those old players who had played in the early days will understand why we said random hunting is more fun. Of course maps give more precise and higher quality Pokémons but the fun factor is reduced

yes.. totally understand what u meant.. I also kept my dragonite that was caught from MBS.. that 1 that everyone zerg rush to it .. the video was shared here few days ago. :s13:

altho i didnt power it up.. but i still have it with me .. n of cos.. becos like u mention .. it has a meaning to it

likewise.. whenever i travel.. after back to SG.. i will keep the best 1 .. even tho it dosent meet my "personal criteria" becos there is location stamp n somewhat it feel special..

if is SG pokemon.. below 90%.. or bad 90s .. ie no 14 or 15 att.. jitao transfer liao... :s13::s22:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I certainly do not miss the random hunting days.

Still remember my first deliberate getting out of the home just to capture a Snorlax. Ended up just a low level CP 2-digit baby Snorlax. :s22:

jannworld

Reaction score
Ok in your case that was really bad luck.

But can’t be totally no nice memories of the wild catches for u right?

I certainly do not miss the random hunting days.

Still remember my first deliberate getting out of the home just to capture a Snorlax. Ended up just a low level CP 2-digit baby Snorlax. :s22:

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ya lor ... me and my buddy did a few memorable hunting together:
- caught dragonite in the middle of night, turn out to be completely dark into bukit timah nature park!
- tried to catch 100% larvitar at Changi, this one damn crazy one!
- went into Tuas and got dratini, larvitar and chansey, place I would never go without pogomap!
- sembawang caught pupitar, togetic and blissey! damn fun seeing parade of cars and even lorry - after that 1am went for ponggol nasi lemak supper
- went to NUS pgp basketball court to catch shuckle
- and a lot more ...

I was the navigator and my friend driving, sibeh fun :)

now all the above no more :(

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just came back from ex raid. Surprisingly a large turnout since it's a week day. As usual, lots of people helping one another to form private groups, and after that lots of aunties queuing to get experts to help them catch. It's good to see people helping one another. This is the usual sop in ex raids nowadays.

Today many willing to take leave to make it a super long weekend

Me included

Waiting for mine at 4pm later:s13:

Heard that today a lot of focus blast

Hopefully next week's won't be focus blast as I will be late

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For past week just grinding for SD and candies for rhinos, whales , ugly fish etc so no issue without map

Once earth event is over will slow down till next event already

Unless go chancey quests nearby then go spin the pokestop

jannworld

Reaction score
This 3x sd catch event quite fun. I was able to farm 1m sd which is quite a lot considering I dun play much these days. Decided to splash a bit and maxed out a 100% blissey (evolved from a hatched chanesy) - normally I dun like to power up defenders but since this round farmed quite well and nothing much to power up I decided to max out this 100%

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This 3x sd catch event quite fun. I was able to farm 1m sd which is quite a lot considering I dun play much these days. Decided to splash a bit and maxed out a 100% blissey (evolved from a hatched chanesy) - normally I dun like to power up defenders but since this round farmed quite well and nothing much to power up I decided to max out this 100%
Wow .. 1 mil SD!

I only managed to get 350-400K I think :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.