Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

marandaz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just bought a new TV with DVB-T2 tuner and am plugging it directly to the SCV/Starhub wall outlet (i.e. no STB, etc.). When I tried to scan for FTA channels, it can only find analogue channels and no digital one.

A search around seems to be that the Starhub wall outlet only provide analogue channels? Can I confirm that?

Also, are they going to offer the FTA channels after mediacorp cease analogue transmission? Or show I go and get an antennae that can receive digital transmission?

Thanks.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just bought a new TV with DVB-T2 tuner and am plugging it directly to the SCV/Starhub wall outlet (i.e. no STB, etc.). When I tried to scan for FTA channels, it can only find analogue channels and no digital one.

A search around seems to be that the Starhub wall outlet only provide analogue channels? Can I confirm that?

Also, are they going to offer the FTA channels after mediacorp cease analogue transmission? Or show I go and get an antennae that can receive digital transmission?

Thanks.
You have to get an indoor antenna and connect it to your new TV, in order to receive digital FTA channels.

Plugging to the SCV port will only get you analogue TV signal, unless your TV support DVB-C.

marandaz

Reaction score
You have to get an indoor antenna and connect it to your new TV, in order to receive digital FTA channels.

Plugging to the SCV port will only get you analogue TV signal, unless your TV support DVB-C.

Can I confirm that Starhub will cease the analogue FTA channel after 2018? And I will have to resort to get an antenna no matter what?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I confirm that Starhub will cease the analogue FTA channel after 2018? And I will have to resort to get an antenna no matter what?
StarHub gets the analogue FTA-TV source from Mediacorp, so if Mediacorp were to cease analogue FTA-TV transmission completely after 2018, that might also mean StarHub will no longer provide analogue FTA- TV via its cable TV port.

Since your TV support DVB-T2, you may want to get an indoor antenna to enjoy digital HD FTA TV channels.

sonic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
bring the letter then redeem at any M1 branch will do? thanks

Yes, when you go to the web link for the redemption, it will also stated can
redeem at any M1 shop.
Think not the exclusive dealer type.

KardBoard

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks.
For those do not have antenna but have dvbt2 tv,u can try do not connect to scv cable point. Just point the unconnected side to the window.it will able to get the digital channel.do play around for stronger signal.

marandaz

Reaction score
Yes, when you go to the web link for the redemption, it will also stated can
redeem at any M1 shop.
Think not the exclusive dealer type.

Don't mind me asking. Does the the starter kit comes with an Active or Passive antenna.

Also, if use Active Antenna does it guarantee that it will receive Malaysia/Indo FTA Channels? Let's say location is at braddell?

lingcw

Reaction score
I’m staying near Braddell MRT and reception is fine with passive antenna when placed beside window facing Braddell heights. But when the antenna is in the middle of the house, reception is bad and I had to use a booster antenna. Hope this helps.

Don't mind me asking. Does the the starter kit comes with an Active or Passive antenna.

Also, if use Active Antenna does it guarantee that it will receive Malaysia/Indo FTA Channels? Let's say location is at braddell?

edmwperson

Banned
Reaction score
anyone receive their letter already?

i find it unfair if those got paid tv not eligible as i got more than 1 tv at home

angcsbenny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone receive their letter already?

i find it unfair if those got paid tv not eligible as i got more than 1 tv at home

because the objective is at least one tv can still receive the digital broadcast and not all tv. going by your logic they should give 1 set per tv in the household

pjs

Reaction score
Hi.does anybody able to get indon digital channel at dtv channel 48 and 52?

Managed to get Indon channels on 48, though only 2 of the stations, TVRI 1 and TVRI 1 Batam are on. Others blank.
Nothing on 52.

sonic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

It came with a active adapter.
I tried do scanning and think the free box is locked to local channels.

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score
oKa5Swl.jpg

the bottom left corner philips 32pht4002

seller restocked at qoo10 , if wait for $25-30 coupon can get it below $200 again , should be one of the cheapest dvb-t2 capable tv
lowest price it was $179

I tested it , no fault except the channel numbers cannot rearrange, you exit the settings menu it go back to original
2pin plug , cable rather short

https://qoo.tn/BRXZUR/Q107107220

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.