Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

KardBoard

Reaction score

Wkheyk

Reaction score
anybody knows if the free set-top box + antenna package from IMDA is good enough? or is it better to utilise the $100 off and purchase one outside?

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually, aren't all HDBs already digital TV ready? As in just plug into the TV wall socket then can view all FTA channels in digital? How come still need to buy own indoor antenna?

(excluding newer HDBs without antenna on the HDB block)

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody knows if the free set-top box + antenna package from IMDA is good enough? or is it better to utilise the $100 off and purchase one outside?

Well, it's approved STB by IMDA. The thing is the DTV voucher is accepted by limited retailers, it either you get the STB or use the $100 to offset the purchase of DTV set.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, aren't all HDBs already digital TV ready? As in just plug into the TV wall socket then can view all FTA channels in digital? How come still need to buy own indoor antenna?

Signal from TV socket is provided by SH. This do not (not meant to) carry DVB-T2 signal thus the need for indoor antenna. Furthermore, SH will likely to cease the use of cable for their TV services by 2020.

For older flat that come with HDB MATV (antenna on the roof) socket, it might be possible to use it to receive DTV provided it is still working. FYI, my block used to be able to receive but ever since TC decided to setup solar panel on the roof, the reception became very bad.

petetherock

Reaction score

Please spend some time reading the first few posts.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using the Hyundai HDV-360 set top box?
935a4f7e-154a-4b4a-b196-79779a3c9111.jpg

Looks decent, and it's selling for $50 on Qoo10 now.
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/HYUNDAI-SINGAPORE-HDV-360-MEDIACORP-DVB-T2-DIGITAL-TUNER-DIGITAL-TV-CONVERSION/427311598

xdivider

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Assuming u dun want the starter kit cos u got a box already, I was thinking of getting 2 better antennas. Any recommendation around $100? Or got other recommendation....

ykeen

Reaction score

Ordered this, then the remote I received isn't the universal one. It's just another unit that looks like the one that came with the STB. End up the seller refunded me.

Seems like that seller updated his pictures all non universal remote but title still put universal.

And I still need to find another universal remote.. any suggestions?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ordered this, then the remote I received isn't the universal one. It's just another unit that looks like the one that came with the STB. End up the seller refunded me.

Seems like that seller updated his pictures all non universal remote but title still put universal.

And I still need to find another universal remote.. any suggestions?

OMG, do you need to send back? Usually ebay seller let you keep the item if not too expensive.

The last time I got it from Lazada, best still the delivery is via courier rather than by snail mail at no extra charge.

ykeen

Reaction score
OMG, do you need to send back? Usually ebay seller let you keep the item if not too expensive.

The last time I got it from Lazada, best still the delivery is via courier rather than by snail mail at no extra charge.

Seller said no need to send back, and refunded. Even if he want I also don't want to bother to send back haha. Ok looks like I shd go find in Lazada or AliExpress..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.