Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis0902

Reaction score
They dint come your house to harass? Din call office, etc?
I'm self employed so no office for them to call.... Its been 5days so far nothing happen yet..... Really have to stop like I say it's never ending.... The police might not do anything but base on the transactions we make to them in the eyes of law we are also consider ah long runner .... So making a report is to save yoursel and STOP trfing money to them... End of the day u will only get into another deeper hole... Do u really want be like this every week payment day got to stop work and standby for their call or massage to make payment? Sometimes by 5pm lah sometimes 6pm lah if not have to pay extra lah... Stupid nonesense by ah long says account full cannot let u settle full or never prepare account lah all these lame excuses.... If continue paying its nevet ending.. Wan to go overseas also cannot also stress ...

Last edited:

Louis0902

Reaction score
Also, gotta bear in mind that as much as you don't know who they are, they also technically don't know who you are. They may have the personal details you gave them but they don't know who is behind your phones. It's like poker la. Unless you legit problem gambler and borrow a big amount, in which case, you will actually need ah longs, you're probably not worth anything to them beyond a few threatening messages.
True... Unless u really own them a lot then they will try their means to get u..... Come on lah how many runner can they have.... They have to pay them to do the job....

mccmmm

Banned
Reaction score
I setup this thread regarding Loanshark harassment. I, myself is not a debtor however to be frank someone in my family does.

I hope to gather more users and people to voice out. The Police are doing a lot to curb this problem. However we must face the fact that this problem had been there for decades. Have faith and trust in our system. It is very hard to eliminate the network, nevertheless if every citizen does their part in cooperating; it is must easier to get to the network.

This is how you can help. If any of your family members owe loan shark money, tell them not to pay up a single cent. Tell them to call the Police Hotline number 1800 225 0000 to transfer you to the relevant department. In which there is a specific department in the West that handle Loan Shark Cases.

In the event that you are the debtor, please refrain from helping the loanshark or fall into their trap to help them in their illegal activities. They will ask you for personal details. E.g. Singpass, ATM card or even ask you to help them distribute brochures or transfer money.

Don’t fall prey to become a target by the loanshark syndicate. In the event that you can’t make payment they will ask you to work for them to pay off your debts. Don’t do it. Owing money doesn’t resort in a death penalty, jail sentence or caning. However if you are debtors turn assistors, the punishment is very severe. You, yourself will in turn from a victim become a criminal.

Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first-time offenders found guilty of carrying on the business as an unlicensed moneylender or assisting in the business of unlicensed moneylending may be fined not less than $30,000 and not more $300,000, be imprisoned for a term not exceeding four years and shall also be liable to be punished with caning not more than six strokes. First time offender found guilty of loanshark harassment shall be punished with imprisonment for a term of up to 5 years, a fine of not less than $5,000 and not more than $50,000, and shall also be liable to caning of not less than 3 and not more than 6 strokes.

You have heard of the saying, 明知道老虎会咬人,你还一直喂他,那就是自寻死路。
If you are a debtor, please don’t blame yourself for what happen. If you are not desperate, you won’t be borrowing from them. Seek your family understanding. Sometime you would feel helpless, you are loss, you always trying to source money to meet payment, the pain and psychological torture is unbearable. But please face the fact; this is never the end of life.

Don’t pay them; it is not against the law not to pay them. They will threaten to report on you and use a lot of threatening message to make you pay or work for them. But come to think of it, when did they show up to receive the payment in person. It is always through Bank Transfer. Ask yourself why.

Learn to understand the situation you are in, accept it. And be true to your family about the money lending matter. Call NPCG for counselling in the event that your family members don’t understand.

The methodology that they used is always to instill fear in their victims. And from the news you would know that many loan shark always are so notorious. But come to think of it, who are the one that are being used by them. Who are the one that are doing the dirty job? The debtors are always the one.
Ask yourself a question, why does the Police always so reactive towards the loan shark? It is because the loan sharks are always under the veil. They used the debtors as smoke screen.

What will happen in the event you don’t pay up?
They will spray paint at your house, disturb your neighbor, disgrace you, humiliate you and shame you. These are the tactics that they used. So how bad can this be? Do you want your life back again? Or do you want to live in a lifetime full of fear. I will be very honest with you. My father had been feeding the tiger for years and finally now, he decide to heel the Police advice and stop paying and cooperate with them.

You are not the only one suffering if you continue to pay. Think about your family for the long term. Do you want them to suffer with you for 10 year, 20 years, worrying about money? Think about it. Do you want to be partner in crime? Or do you want a lifelong happiness with your family. If you really care for your family members, you should know the right thing to do. If you are scares you can always post on the forum or talk to someone regarding the case.

I believe if we unite as one, we can accomplish more. If you are young, bold, adventurous, please feel free to voice out. We can always spend some time to help one another. We can help family by family if we have more manpower. The debtors need people to talk to. The family members need assurance and comfort. We don’t blame other for not helping us, if we are not helping ourselves. We don’t need to resort to violence; we want to build a peaceful community for everyone to live in.

And again, I need more people and more support to discuss matter and also plan to help other out.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

WHY BOLLOW

Louis0902

Reaction score
Is either u deal with their shame or threat or else just pay till u dry..I have been feeding these suckers for 1yr..i work 2jobs to feed these suckers.every mth pay in instant become zero..the money I paid every month can pay for installment for HDB Liao.now those ah loan lose a money tree like me.they cfm go mad..let them be.i told by close neighbour I made a mistake took a loan repay them but they keep extorting me.
Even if u dry they also won't let u go...

Sharuu

Reaction score
Is either u deal with their shame or threat or else just pay till u dry..I have been feeding these suckers for 1yr..i work 2jobs to feed these suckers.every mth pay in instant become zero..the money I paid every month can pay for installment for HDB Liao.now those ah loan lose a money tree like me.they cfm go mad..let them be.i told by close neighbour I made a mistake took a loan repay them but they keep extorting me.

Wahlao. How you put up for one year sia. I less than one month only give up. Did you just go MIA on them one morning?

Stressout123

Reaction score
I'm self employed so no office for them to call.... Its been 5days so far nothing happen yet..... Really have to stop like I say it's never ending.... The police might not do anything but base on the transactions we make to them in the eyes of law we are also consider ah long runner .... So making a report is to save yoursel and STOP trfing money to them... End of the day u will only get into another deeper hole... Do u really want be like this every week payment day got to stop work and standby for their call or massage to make payment? Sometimes by 5pm lah sometimes 6pm lah if not have to pay extra lah... Stupid nonesense by ah long says account full cannot let u settle full or never prepare account lah all these lame excuses.... If continue paying its nevet ending.. Wan to go overseas also cannot also stress ...

Can I ask how much is your loan?

Sharuu

Reaction score
Yes 100 by 100 to different account

Means they got new customer ah. Just take note of the account numbers. If you haven't made a police report, make one and then give them these account numbers. And also the phone numbers they use. Make sure you also close yours.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to close your bank account and make a police report.

AND STOP TRANSFERRING MONEY.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Did you just go MIA on them one morning? Did they give you any problems?

Why, yes! I got death threats, paint job threats, videos of doors burning (I think, I haven't opened because scared), threats to hurt my family, calls from random numbers that I never pick up, my next of kins got harassed, et cetera.

I think eventually it stopped being the focal point of my daily life. I'm appreciating life even more lately when I wake up in the morning and my front door is just how I left it the night before. My relationship with my family and neighbours have improved since I came clean with them.

If they splash paint, then splash lor, I clean. At least my money is with me.

Stressout123

Reaction score
Why, yes! I got death threats, paint job threats, videos of doors burning (I think, I haven't opened because scared), threats to hurt my family, calls from random numbers that I never pick up, my next of kins got harassed, et cetera.

I think eventually it stopped being the focal point of my daily life. I'm appreciating life even more lately when I wake up in the morning and my front door is just how I left it the night before. My relationship with my family and neighbours have improved since I came clean with them.

Can I ask how much is ur loan?

Nas1978

Reaction score
I just received group message with my kin(my supervisor) he also mention I did not pay the money and threatened me. actuall on my case I pay already. I borrow 600, for 6days. I want clear all on next 6days then they infrom me must infrom one day earlier to clear all, so during that day they asked me to to pay defer 250. so I infrom tommorow I will clear all, then next day I asking for acc number they never replied me then I received call they give me acc number so I do clear all payment. after that they just quiet.until just now, they do group whatapps, with me and my supervisor infrom I did not pay, then wht blocked his number. so my supervisor just call me reg this issue, so I infrom all I pay already, she asked me to settle this before 1week, if not management will send me resign letter. im so frustrated. why this loanshark so cruel? want I need to do ? because of this I need to resign and back to my country. its not fair. im very stress and down.

These ******* are so cruel. They really make ur life hell. I rather you resign from that workplace.u are a nurse and can find a new job easily. Sg need nurses.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Wahlao. How you put up for one year sia. I less than one month only give up. Did you just go MIA on them one morning?
I Wana hide from my family ma..so I endure..my weekly installment is close to 1k a week.buy installment buy condo also enough lo

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
These ******* are so cruel. They really make ur life hell. I rather you resign from that workplace.u are a nurse and can find a new job easily. Sg need nurses.
Yes.i work in governmen link company.that why ah long always threaten to call my office last time.but u know what I quit my job and Mia on them.i driving taxi now.thou earning is less but at least I keep my money..

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

Yes bro.protect our hard earn money from those blood suckers

Sharuu

Reaction score
Can I ask how much is ur loan?

The first one was four hundred, which I "settled" to almost three times that amount and the second one was 1,500, which I never paid back and don't intend to. I just went radio silent on them after I made a report and closed my account.

kittymeow12

Reaction score
They forced me take $250 loan and ask me pay back $500 within days. I paid and show him receipt and begged him let me off. I wayang a bit cry here and there. he said “i never hold on to you alr sis” then few minutes later asked me buy 4D $30. “You never buy I call your office” got fed up. I block him on whatsapp. Changed my number and close bank account. 5 days so far no calls yet. Already inform my workplace they help me filter all calls before the call reach to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.