Car Rental in JB Sentral

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Another opportunity to post in this thread comes from recent experience last weekend. This time I picked up a Proton Persona from Europcar on Thursday and returned it on Saturday. The vehicle was clean enough and only the remote key did not work. The service at Europcar is as pleasant as ever. I'm nitpicking by saying that they haven't fixed the gap between the flight of stairs between the Europcar office and the road.

PC

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another opportunity to post in this thread comes from recent experience last weekend. This time I picked up a Proton Persona from Europcar on Thursday and returned it on Saturday. The vehicle was clean enough and only the remote key did not work. The service at Europcar is as pleasant as ever. I'm nitpicking by saying that they haven't fixed the gap between the flight of stairs between the Europcar office and the road.

i intend to rent from Europcar, can i ask if their car park is near their office and when u return car, is it just drop off key and go off?

i'm asking as i notice they close at 530pm, i intend to get the car first and leave it there while i go have dinner at city sq. then i'll return the car on a sunday which i saw they are not open. thanks in advance

beanstalk6

Reaction score
i intend to rent from Europcar, can i ask if their car park is near their office and when u return car, is it just drop off key and go off?

i'm asking as i notice they close at 530pm, i intend to get the car first and leave it there while i go have dinner at city sq. then i'll return the car on a sunday which i saw they are not open. thanks in advance

There is a car park near their office and it is possible to drop the key, though I have never done that myself. Call them to confirm.

LiyaLee

Reaction score
Last month i rented car from Hicars in JB. Their office is not based in city but they willing to send the car for me to pickup in JBCC without charges. The rates was pretty decent and Im quite satisfied with car condition too. They even provide discounted rate for returning customer.

sendtolee

Reaction score
Last month i rented car from Hicars in JB. Their office is not based in city but they willing to send the car for me to pickup in JBCC without charges. The rates was pretty decent and Im quite satisfied with car condition too. They even provide discounted rate for returning customer.

How much did you pay? Thanks

hlmilk15

Reaction score
Hi, the process smooth? Any advance payment or deposit collected?

Btw, do not rent any car from Triple M car rental, 0137712344 is a scram number which will ask for your name and personal photo, talk stupid nonsense without reserve any car for you, time wasting.

mfbatzap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any car rentals in JB that accepts drivers with less than 1-year license?

aquanark

Reaction score
I rented a car from Europcar in JB recently. Did not hav a pleasant experience.

Make sure u check all the external and interior for cracks and Damages and even small paint marks or scratch and document this on the form b4 taking over. And don't trust the agent that small scratches it's ok.

I was made to compensate the small scratches as I have trusted the agent.
My bad. No second time. Won't go back to Europcar JB.

Hope wahdah is not that cunning. Anyone keen to share?

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
I rented a car from Europcar in JB recently. Did not hav a pleasant experience.

Make sure u check all the external and interior for cracks and Damages and even small paint marks or scratch and document this on the form b4 taking over. And don't trust the agent that small scratches it's ok.

I was made to compensate the small scratches as I have trusted the agent.
My bad. No second time. Won't go back to Europcar JB.

Hope wahdah is not that cunning. Anyone keen to share?

Try Hawk. Used a few times 2 yrs back and they are really not fussy abt the small dents and scratches.

antiviolence

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to rent a car in JB to drive up to KL for about 4-5 days. This will be my first time renting so if anyone have any advice or other pleasant experience/feedback to share with the various companies there? It would be greatly appreciated.

So far I've read some positive stuff about Wahdah but I'm confused about the benefits of the pickup/dropoff points

EDIT.2: Just had a nice chat with Europcar and they seem pretty professional and transparent on details. Quite impressed and might give it a shot.

Last edited:

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Hi all,

So far I've read some positive stuff about Wahdah but I'm confused about the benefits of the pickup/dropoff points

There is a charge so long as your pickup/dropoff point is not Wahdah's office at 10, Jalan Padi Emas 2, Bandar Baru Uda, about 10 km away.

nextstopthemoon

Reaction score
What is the after hour pick-up surcharge for Europcar JB Baguss?
Some websites offer pickup at 8-10pm, but mention that an after hour pickup charge may apply.

itfans

Reaction score
Going to give a try with either Europcar or Hawk ($5 cheaper per day and less picky on the returned car condition)

Anyone know if we can just walk thru the Public Bank Tower building itself from City Square to Menara Ansar (not thru the side path way with steep staircase next to the Public Bank Tower)?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Going to give a try with either Europcar or Hawk ($5 cheaper per day and less picky on the returned car condition)

Anyone know if we can just walk thru the Public Bank Tower building itself from City Square to Menara Ansar (not thru the side path way with steep staircase next to the Public Bank Tower)?

I think you can go through Public Bank Tower to get to Jln Trus. Since their car park has access on both Jln Trus and Jln Wong Ah Fook, you can walk within the car park, but it will probably mean more walking than the steep public staircase outside the building, unless there is a car park lift accessible to the public.

itfans

Reaction score
I think you can go through Public Bank Tower to get to Jln Trus. Since their car park has access on both Jln Trus and Jln Wong Ah Fook, you can walk within the car park, but it will probably mean more walking than the steep public staircase outside the building, unless there is a car park lift accessible to the public.

Thanks.

Is there any other bright and open/sounded safe access from Jln Wong Ah Fook to Jln Trus nearby the Public Bank Tower as going there with some luggage and kid ?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Thanks.

Is there any other bright and open/sounded safe access from Jln Wong Ah Fook to Jln Trus nearby the Public Bank Tower as going there with some luggage and kid ?

You can try a more circuitous route: CIQ-City Square-Komtar-Amari Hotel
Cross from the main door of Komtar to the Amari on Jln WAF, which has Guoma Steamboat. There is an elevator to reach the exit for the reception of the Amari which opens to Jln Trus. Instead of doing the above, why don't you have your partner and kid wait at the Coffee Bean at Komtar while you collect your vehicle and drive down to the cafe?

itfans

Reaction score
You can try a more circuitous route: CIQ-City Square-Komtar-Amari Hotel
Cross from the main door of Komtar to the Amari on Jln WAF, which has Guoma Steamboat. There is an elevator to reach the exit for the reception of the Amari which opens to Jln Trus. Instead of doing the above, why don't you have your partner and kid wait at the Coffee Bean at Komtar while you collect your vehicle and drive down to the cafe?

Good suggestion..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.