Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stirling69

Reaction score
Average of $20 a trip is very good. Jinhotan 😀

Friday was better total fares as I hit $355 for 17 trips. Saturday had to do 23 trips to get $374. Hopefully Sunday will also be good. It will wrap up a good Hari Raya weekend for me.

daryltang

Reaction score
Friday was better total fares as I hit $355 for 17 trips. Saturday had to do 23 trips to get $374. Hopefully Sunday will also be good. It will wrap up a good Hari Raya weekend for me.

I made 26 trips last night only got $305.. >_<

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2.5k for 1 week? That’s about 200 trips. 30 trips per day?!!!

Holiday ma. Deduct everything end up profit ard 1.1K. Consider hours all these put in. Bo hua. Back to darkside.

Can only say rubbish mode on = uses way more petrol clock the incentives. End up back to square 1. Cherry picking is still the best.

Rubbish mode chiong incentives burns at least about $150 worth of petrol after discount. Car much dirtier and put in way much extra hours compared to cherry picking.

End of testing. Rubbish mode on get incentives is end up pay for the extra fuel consumed.

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i love dark side lol

Holiday ma. Deduct everything end up profit ard 1.1K. Consider hours all these put in. Bo hua. Back to darkside.

Can only say rubbish mode on = uses way more petrol clock the incentives. End up back to square 1. Cherry picking is still the best.

Rubbish mode chiong incentives burns at least about $150 worth of petrol after discount. Car much dirtier and put in way much extra hours compared to cherry picking.

End of testing. Rubbish mode on get incentives is end up pay for the extra fuel consumed.

yishun265

Reaction score
GS job really jialat I think almost all drivers cancel or don't accept, everytime the ping come for GS kns far far away. See the fare also cui if day time maybe I'll drive to pax see got match, near pax still no match just cancel waste CR reserves. At night confirm no match low fare type just cancel, when I used up my CR reserves will switch to manual accept. If G is not responding to driver's feedback then we'll feedback by not accepting GS or cancel it, let riders learn GS got time to wait? Wait lo till one kind charity driver.

SHAWNTOH2222

Reaction score
Gs should be abolish ! Cheapos will have no choice then. And i realise that those going to 2 destination are also v lousy in terms of fare, For e.g I took from gulimard rd to woodlands 2 blks separately only $22. NBCB

Last edited:

DriverUnkle43

Reaction score

good effort !!

You driving rental? What ur mileage?

Im planning to do night oso but not sure if it's worth the try

DriverUnkle43

Reaction score
Gs should be abolish ! Cheapos will have no choice then. And i realise that those going to 2 destination are also v lousy in terms of fare, For e.g I took from gulimard rd to woodlands 2 blks separately only $22. NBCB

true...my greatest fear for auto accept is lousy GS.....

DriverUnkle43

Reaction score
One's curse is another's blessing.
--------------------
Taxi! Upturn in fortunes for sector with Uber's exit

More cabs are being hired out and number of taxi driver's licences issued registers three-year high

The taxi sector is continuing to experience an upturn following Uber's exit from the market, with more cabs being hired out and the number of taxi driver's vocational licences (TDVLs) issued hitting a three-year high.

The increasing popularity of private-hire car firms Grab and Uber over the past two years saw the taxi sector take a hit, with cab numbers dropping from almost 28,800 in 2015 to 21, 436 currently.

However, Uber's announcement in March that it was exiting the South-east Asian market seems to have marked a change in fortunes.

Figures provided to The Sunday Times by the Land Transport Authority show only 9 per cent of Singapore's taxi population was unhired in April, down from 12.5 per cent in January.

Last year, the average unhired rate was 10.6 per cent.

ComfortDelGro group corporate communications officer Tammy Tan said its fleet of over 12,600 taxis was "almost fully hired out", though she declined to elaborate, citing reasons of competition.

Premier Taxis - which operates more than 2,000 taxis - also said it had seen an increase in the number of its taxis being hired out in the last few months.

April also saw 410 TDVLs issued - the highest number in a single month since December 2015.

This is a fourfold increase from the same period last year, when just 110 were issued.

Last September, the number of licences issued was just 69 - the lowest in more than a decade.

Government Parliamentary Committee for Transport deputy chairman Ang Hin Kee said one reason for the increase could be private-hire car drivers crossing over to taxis.

"It is likely some who drive private-hire cars find business tough," said Mr Ang, who is also executive adviser to both the taxi and private-hire vehicle associations.

He pointed to an "excessive" number of private-hire cars and drivers on the roads, as well as a decline in driver incentives.

The fact that private-hire car drivers, unlike cabbies, cannot claim costs such as fuel and vehicle rental fees as tax-deductible expenses could be a factor, he added.

While there is a separate private-hire car driver's vocational licence, the TDVL allows drivers to drive both taxis and private-hire cars. This makes the taxi licence more "portable" between the two industries, he said.

Some commuters are also switching back to taxis - citing fewer discounts and difficulty in booking rides on Grab as reasons - with taxi operators also reporting increased bookings.

ComfortDelGro reported earlier this month that its bookings have grown in the first five months of this year, while a spokesman for Premier Taxis said its call centre has seen "increased activity".

Technology sales manager and cab user Landis Fan said Grab fares are higher following Uber's departure, making taxis a more attractive option.

The 29-year-old said: "For a night out, for example, there is an 80 per cent chance that I will jump in a cab than get a Grab."

Last month, the taxi giant called a tender for the supply of 500 cabs, just a week after announcing it had purchased 200 new cabs.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/taxi-upturn-in-fortunes-for-sector-with-ubers-exit

we may be seeing a beginning of the end....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.