November 2017 SBF

Erinlmh

Reaction score
if stay with parents i also want slow... but unfortunately, im staying with in-laws hahahahaha. so, the faster the better... Somemore current house is rented from HDB (2 room rental) under me and my spouse's name but ive never had a say in my own home. Everything also in-law decide, everything also in-law say. My own family members have yet to come to my house cos my in-laws command and conquer ;') This will only end once i get my SBF keys heh.

I WANT TO BREAK FREE!!! :') :')
I have been staying with MIL all these while. Move house also move her together. :s13::s13:

Monday21

Reaction score
I have been staying with MIL all these while. Move house also move her together. :s13::s13:
Salute to you! Hahahaha not easy living with a family that never practically raised us but is suddenly there to determine this and that for us. Out of respect, us DIL always have to shut up and deal with the 'pain' quietly.

semblady123

Reaction score
i rather they visit from time to time than stay with us. Endured five years! I will go cray-cray if I have to endure another five muahahahaha. Somemore I purposely applied SBF at B.B despite being an east-sider for years :s22:

Hahaha..BB and east side... ok I get it why :D:D:D I understand ur feelings.. must have been really hard

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Salute to you! Hahahaha not easy living with a family that never practically raised us but is suddenly there to determine this and that for us. Out of respect, us DIL always have to shut up and deal with the 'pain' quietly.

Well...... I always remember this. Her daughters can say anything and she will forgive and forget. If I say anything wrong, she will bring it to her grave. Okay lah, am working, my kids with my parents after school, only see her in the night and weekends. One mountain cannot hide 2 tigresses. :s13::s13:

heybuddy

Reaction score
OMG...my budget im trying to have it done in less than 20 k.. some more I wanna hack walls and merge rooms and all:s12::s12::s12: they increase GST aredi or what :s13::s13::s13:

flooring is quite expensive.. i was quoted 8k - 9k with screeding. did u choose a unit with flooring?

Erinlmh

Reaction score
flooring is quite expensive.. i was quoted 8k - 9k with screeding. did u choose a unit with flooring?

8-9k is very ex. I still remember I did flooring for my present house, laminate floor for hall and 3 bed rooms including hacking and screeding around 7k only. Which type of flooring did you chose?

Last edited:

Erinlmh

Reaction score
My unit had (FF) though I dunno what floor finish means.. any idea? and what is screeding?

If not wrong it means that your unit already provide flooring for all bedrooms, living room, toilet and kitchen. Your kitchen also have partition wall unlike those open kitchen concept. You don't have to do the flooring and spend another sum of money.:)

Erinlmh

Reaction score
wah so sweet la.. really salute u for being so patient & understanding :D :angel:

maybe we can start a chatgroup and share our "love & hate" being a DIL. Lolz.... My MIL side me more when I discuss with her with regards to the house thing. I find that we share more similar ideas compare with me and my husband. So I will discuss with the reno thing with her and if my husband disagree, my MIL will nag at him. It's better this way then I go head on with my husband. He has no choice but to listen cos it's 2 against 1. Best thing is I have 3 girls, so it's like 5 against 1 if I gather my girls on my side :s13::s13::s13:

semblady123

Reaction score
If not wrong it means that your unit already provide flooring for all bedrooms, living room, toilet and kitchen. Your kitchen also have partition wall unlike those open kitchen concept. You don't have to do the flooring and spend another sum of money.:)

WOW..thats nice la...so curious to see inside now:s12: So those floor designs is chosen by the previous owner who booked the flat...? Default flooring is like what? :s22:

semblady123

Reaction score
maybe we can start a chatgroup and share our "love & hate" being a DIL. Lolz.... My MIL side me more when I discuss with her with regards to the house thing. I find that we share more similar ideas compare with me and my husband. So I will discuss with the reno thing with her and if my husband disagree, my MIL will nag at him. It's better this way then I go head on with my husband. He has no choice but to listen cos it's 2 against 1. Best thing is I have 3 girls, so it's like 5 against 1 if I gather my girls on my side :s13::s13::s13:

Yeah we shud start a group chat for NOV SBF 2017 :) :o:o:o

Erinlmh

Reaction score
WOW..thats nice la...so curious to see inside now:s12: So those floor designs is chosen by the previous owner who booked the flat...? Default flooring is like what? :s22:

yes. The type of design which was chosen is done by previous owner who booked and gave up at the last min due to many reason. Actually at HDB hub they did display the tiles for living room and bedrooms. For my area, it's

Kitchen & Bathroom - ceramic tiles
Living/Dining floor : polished porcelain tiles with laminated PVC skirting
Bedrooms floor : resilient (vinyl) strip flooring with laminated PVC skirting

but since my previous owner chosen OK, which is Open Kitchen Concept without Flooring, I am appealing with the department for floor furnishing because the house will be only available after 2 years or more. :)

Monday21

Reaction score
mine also came with floor finishes... i googled up and down to see what kind of finishes my BTO offered during their launch... different projects offer diff kind of floorings...whats I find funny bout mine is that they use porcelain for living room but they finish off with wooden timber skirtings...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.