iHhR1Pj.jpg

7TOYIKO.jpg

ArkWI7T.png

https://item.mi.com/product/10000108.html

anyone waiting with this tablet?

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
Btw, any microSD card slot ? Based on what I read so far, doesn't seems to be the case.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

wind77

Reaction score
https://www.mi.com/mipad4/specs/

From the diagram, there seems to be an expansion slot available. But, as usual, xiaomi didnt state maximum capacity of the MicroSD card supported.
In addition, there is no QC, and it doesn't seem like it is using Gorilla glass. Maybe another shattered-screen pad?

hotpick

Reaction score
An attractive pricing - RMB 1099 - 1499 with a SD660 but with most reduced spec from mipad 3 ...

Its wifi version has no gps and digital compass per spec stated and its LTE version seems not support phone call function - *本产品不支持通话功能*-the tiny note at the bottom of its official spec page.. - same game as Lenovo for its US Tab 4 8 plus LTE version - LTE but no phone call function and reduce here and there to make the price attractive..

Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
An attractive pricing - RMB 1099 - 1499 with a SD660 but with most reduced spec from mipad 3 ...

Its wifi version has no gps and digital compass per spec stated and its LTE version seems not support phone call function - *本产品不支持通话功能*-the tiny note at the bottom of its official spec page.. - same game as Lenovo for its US Tab 4 8 plus LTE version - LTE but no phone call function and reduce here and there to make the price attractive..
But tbh, would u like to carry a tablet as a phone to hear it over your ears.(given that u had forgotten to bring your earpiece?)

To me so long tablet have the basic function (as media entertainment, work and surfing) is more than enough. Dun need have a call phone that makes it looks weird.

hotpick

Reaction score
But tbh, would u like to carry a tablet as a phone to hear it over your ears.(given that u had forgotten to bring your earpiece?)

To me so long tablet have the basic function (as media entertainment, work and surfing) is more than enough. Dun need have a call phone that makes it looks weird.

When stated 4G LTE, it gives a standard impression that it has function of phone + mobile data and it is kind of standard feature ... be it I need it or not ... if dun hv then shd state it big big like no gps for Wifi version at the spec to avoid misleading and confusion .. I noticed the tiny notes bcos ppl at china forum highlighted it ..

Standard SD660 shd support the LTE with call feature ... mayb it is using a castred version or what ...

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When stated 4G LTE, it gives a standard impression that it has function of phone + mobile data and it is kind of standard feature ... be it I need it or not ... if dun hv then shd state it big big like no gps for Wifi version at the spec to avoid misleading and confusion .. I noticed the tiny notes bcos ppl at china forum highlighted it ..

Standard SD660 shd support the LTE with call feature ... mayb it is using a castred version or what ...

Very big, non-misleading and no confusion for me:

2qtbi9d.png

hotpick

Reaction score
Very big, non-misleading and no confusion for me:

2qtbi9d.png

Yes, this is what I mean big big as stated :) ... unfortunately "本产品不支持通话功能" - only small small at the bottom of the page and not even under the "WiFi + 4G LTE版"..

Last edited:

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is what I mean big big :) ... unfortunately "本产品不支持通话功能" - only small small at the bottom and not under the "WiFi + 4G LTE版"..

No issue for me. I never want to be seen in public using a tablet as a phone or to take photos with :s13:

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

S$200 - $300 is fairprice, any higher wld go for ipad. Like some has asked, can install playstore? Is the 3GB+32GB ne big enough storge?

Last edited:

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is what I mean big big as stated :) ... unfortunately "本产品不支持通话功能" - only small small at the bottom of the page and not even under the "WiFi + 4G LTE版"..

Hardware or software limitation? Can workaround by installing 3rd party call app?

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile I just bought new 3rd party battery from Aliexpress to replace the worn out one on my 4yo Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 LTE + rooting to LineageOS. Gonna wait and compare all the upcoming choices available to me and release my horse on 11.11 later this year. :)

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
S$200 - $300 is fairprice, any higher wld go for ipad. Like some has asked, can install playstore? Is the 3GB+32GB ne big enough storge?

should be can, otherwise, like what others said, hope for global roms.
as for the storage, it depends on what u want. if u want to watch a lot of videos and have a lot of apps install (its nv enough :p)

hotpick

Reaction score
Hardware or software limitation? Can workaround by installing 3rd party call app?

Shd be hardware for >$$ saving ... the network dialing app like skype,whatsapp shd work ... it has mic and camera and mobile data FDD-LTE:B1/3/5/7/8 that matches LTE band here ... but doubt there is any phone dialing app eg phone dialer can work then

Playstore shd be possible ... lots of tutorial at youtube for playstore installation on Miui9/earlier mipad unless Xiaomi gives up market outside PRC ....

For gamer and multitasking usage then shd go for 4GB (just ard S$60-100 more) .. for normal and budget user .. 3GB version mayb a good value buy compare to those OEM tablet ..but take note that Wifi version has no gps and digital compass per its spec

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.