Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

thwysg

Reaction score
Hi,

Below is my Dec itineraries. I have already booked my hotel and realise I have some problem with the transport since we don't intend to drive. May I ask some expert here.

Day 1 Tokyo (Haneda airport)
Day 2 Kawaguchiko
Day 3 Kawaguchiko
Day 4 Karuizawa
Day 5 Karuizawa
Day 6 Tokyo
Day 7 Tokyo
Day 8 Tokyo
Day 9 Home Sweet Home

Tokyo Haneda -> Kawaguchiko (by airport express bus)
Kawaguchiko -> Karuizawa (by JR bus then Shinkansen at Tokyo)
Karuizawa -> Tokyo (by Shinkansen again)

May I know such arrangement, what kind of transport pass should I get?

Day 4-6 use Tokyo Wide Pass. Bus fare pay on your own and use the Pass when taking the trains to Karuizawa and back to Tokyo.

https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/tokyowidepass/

mojack

Reaction score
HND - NRT

Hi all, I'm planning to take open jaw ticket and my departure goes like this: CHITOSE -> HANEDA -> NARITA -> SIN.
Planned arrival at HANEDA is 1305 and departure from NARITA to SIN is 1700h, so technically there are 4hrs buffer for me to get to NARITA.
Taking into account of retrieving luggage/immigration at HAENDA (45mins), I have around 2.15hrs to reach NARITA for checkin (2 hrs before flight).
Is the buffer time of 2.15hrs to reach NARITA comfortable enough?
Which mode of transport will be better to reach NARITA faster from HANEDA (Airport Shuttle or NEX)?

Thanks.

0limshs

Reaction score
Day 4-6 use Tokyo Wide Pass. Bus fare pay on your own and use the Pass when taking the trains to Karuizawa and back to Tokyo.

https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/tokyowidepass/

Hi, that's what I plan initially but it can't be use at Kawaguchiko and Tokyo...
Am looking at the 7 Days national JR pass as well. Which will be a better fit for my itineraries, Tokyo Wide Pass or 7 Days national JR pass.
Pardon me for my ignorant, there's too many transport passes in Japan, I read till :s22:

Kawaguchiko : fuji-q highland, Gotemba premiun outlet
Karuizawa : Jigokudani Monkey Park, Karuizawa ski resort
Tokyo : DisneySea, Senso-ji temple, Harajuku, Shinjuku, Tsukiji Fish Market...

thwysg

Reaction score
Hi, that's what I plan initially but it can't be use at Kawaguchiko and Tokyo...
Am looking at the 7 Days national JR pass as well. Which will be a better fit for my itineraries, Tokyo Wide Pass or 7 Days national JR pass.
Pardon me for my ignorant, there's too many transport passes in Japan, I read till :s22:

Kawaguchiko : fuji-q highland, Gotemba premiun outlet
Karuizawa : Jigokudani Monkey Park, Karuizawa ski resort
Tokyo : DisneySea, Senso-ji temple, Harajuku, Shinjuku, Tsukiji Fish Market...

Did you look carefully at the service routes in the link I attached? You can use Tokyo Wide Pass from Kawaguchiko station and it covers Karuizawa station too. Within Tokyo, just use a Suica or Pasmo. It's like our ez-link card.

Gotemba Premium Outlets - take a bus from Kawaguchiko station. https://www.premiumoutlets.co.jp/en/gotemba/access/bus/detail45.html

But if you want to visit Nagano for the snow monkey park, you can consider JR East Pass but it won't cover your trips from Kawaguchiko station.

0limshs

Reaction score
Hi, oops apologise i did saw your link but it’s covering for three days that’s kept me wonder on my transport for the rest of the trip...
Thanks so much for the guide to travel ard in tokyo, to the Gotemba premium outlet and the Jigokudani Monkey park...

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, oops apologise i did saw your link but it’s covering for three days that’s kept me wonder on my transport for the rest of the trip...
Thanks so much for the guide to travel ard in tokyo, to the Gotemba premium outlet and the Jigokudani Monkey park...

JR passes are meant to cover the long, expensive trips on shinkansen and ltd express train. for shorter distance and travelling within the city, most of the time the suica/pasmo card shall suffice.

use hyperdia to work out how much u will need to spend on the transport and see if the various passes are worth it.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm planning to take open jaw ticket and my departure goes like this: CHITOSE -> HANEDA -> NARITA -> SIN.
Planned arrival at HANEDA is 1305 and departure from NARITA to SIN is 1700h, so technically there are 4hrs buffer for me to get to NARITA.
Taking into account of retrieving luggage/immigration at HAENDA (45mins), I have around 2.15hrs to reach NARITA for checkin (2 hrs before flight).
Is the buffer time of 2.15hrs to reach NARITA comfortable enough?
Which mode of transport will be better to reach NARITA faster from HANEDA (Airport Shuttle or NEX)?

Thanks.
refer here:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2027.html?aFROM=2027_2430

keisei line is probably the faster and cheaper way compared to limo bus

melvados

Reaction score
Pardon me if this is a noob question.

So I am looking around at ryokans, and while doing so, some of the plans I have noticed that it is stated as follows, example:

* per person 10,000 yen (when using 1 person for 2 person)
* per person 9,000 yen (when using 2 person for 1 person)

Other than the price difference, what is the difference, especially the wordings in the brackets in which I am not that sure of..

Is the first point for people whom like to solo while second point is mainly for couple?

Neways

Reaction score
Airport Transfer frm KIX ... any recommendations? Arriving around 2300hrs. Gonna have problems if I take the train.. help pls

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for kyoto accomodation?

Sent from My Imagination using GAGT

I stayed at Resi stay Owan Amaterrace.
It is right in the middle of their housing estate.
I enjoyed my stay thoroughly!
My room was a mixed of tatami and usual beds.
Resi stay has various locations within Kyoto.
You can use hotelscombined.com to google their prices and locations.

The one I stayed was within walking distance to Nijo- jo.
It is 20 min by bus to Kyoto station.
The bus stop is very near the accomodation and there are a few buses which go to Kyoto station.
If you have heavy luggage and have 2-3 people, it may be worthwhile to take a cab. The fare is very reasonable, about SGD$15.

Below are some links to the different resi stays in Kyoto.

https://www.hotelscombined.com.sg/Hotel/RESI_STAY_Kyoto_Fuyacho.htm

https://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel/RESI_STAY_Kiyomizu.htm

https://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel/Resi_Stay_Owan_Amaterrace.htm

https://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel/RESI_STAY_Heian_Sakura.htm

https://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel/RESI_STAY_Imadegawa.htm

https://www.hotelscombined.com.au/Hotel/RESI_STAY_Higashiyama_Sanjo.htm

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lawson, 7-11 or other convenience store , which want sells more cheaply?

All about the same price although I prefer Lawson/ Family mart as they have better selection of green tea.
The food in the convenience store is really good!
Better than some cafes in SG.
They will ask u whether u want to heat it up.
On the day of the earthquake on 18 Jun, some food stores closed the whole day and others closed early, so I bought dinner at the convenience store in Kyoto. I bought 6 packets and they heated all up in different microwave ovens at the same time. Brought up to the hotel which was a short walk away and enjoyed the piping hot food!

9N1Y9N1Y

Reaction score
Hi can advice what type of cold wear is recommended for Nov travel going from 2-12Nov. Notice its like 17-9degree so I'm not sure what to prepare other than heatech.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi can advice what type of cold wear is recommended for Nov travel going from 2-12Nov. Notice its like 17-9degree so I'm not sure what to prepare other than heatech.

depends on ur tolerance for cold.
probably something like uniqlo's lightweight down jacket shld be more than enuf. i am assume u are going tokyo only, based on ur post in another thread. tokyo isnt that cold in early nov. in fact i would think jeans and windbreaker shld be ok.

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depends on ur tolerance for cold.
probably something like uniqlo's lightweight down jacket shld be more than enuf. i am assume u are going tokyo only, based on ur post in another thread. tokyo isnt that cold in early nov. in fact i would think jeans and windbreaker shld be ok.

Yes...agree.
In case you need extra warm clothing, Tokyo has a wide selection of relatively cheap cold wear too.
There's also second hand shops selling really cheap clothes which are almost new.
I bought a winter wear for $12 (SGD)!
It looked so new and it smelled so clean too.

9N1Y9N1Y

Reaction score
thanks for your advise ya i'm staying in tokyo only further is the day tour to mt fuji/hakone. i'm quite low tolerance to cold thou. I got some heatech (normal) ones not sure if its gd enuf with my jacket. will pack alittle bit more for my kid thou

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for your advise ya i'm staying in tokyo only further is the day tour to mt fuji/hakone. i'm quite low tolerance to cold thou. I got some heatech (normal) ones not sure if its gd enuf with my jacket. will pack alittle bit more for my kid thou

Mt Fuji and Hakone will definitely be colder as it is on higher altitude.
If you really cannot tolerate the cold, then u can go into the shops to seek refuge.

tang_tang

Reaction score
Travelling Osaka and Tokyo Mid Dec to end of Dec too cold?

Hi.

May i know will it be too cold to travel to Osaka and Tokyo with kids 6 and 9 years old from 15dec to 30dec? Will many attraction/places closed due to winter at this period of time? Too cold to walk in streets? As for Disneyland, will all the station be open? Too cold for queuing and waiting for rides?
Is it better to go from late Nov to mid Dec? Or actually no differences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.