[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro77

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you got something like this at home that can channel the return water to hit the tank wall to reduce the flow pressure.

pl17268952-90_degree_ebow_metal_joint_l_shape_connectors_for_industrial_storage_hj_15.jpg

Hmm I try to dig around my spare parts box, Actually I was thinking of getting a hose and directing the flow into the bag of media, that would definitely dissipate the current right?

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Hmm I try to dig around my spare parts box, Actually I was thinking of getting a hose and directing the flow into the bag of media, that would definitely dissipate the current right?

Ya. As long it hit something it should reduce the current but if still too strong, it will still stress the fish.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Second this

You have a wave maker ? On top of the air ?
Overkill la u have sump enough Liao just one minimal inside Incase pump fail

Usually people put wavemakee on timer just to blow the Poo.

looks like your current is too strong for the fish.
its like living in a washing machine.

Pyro can see ur filtration setup ?
Maybe can buy some plumbing parts direct flow to side or a smaller power head

Dunno if u know , dissolved oxygen is the breaking surface not how much bubbles u see and there is a diminishing curve

Last edited:

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got mine big for 10 small I think 5-6
Taobao 50% cheaper but shipping is a pain

Pyro77

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Second this

You have a wave maker ? On top of the air ?
Overkill la u have sump enough Liao just one minimal inside Incase pump fail

Usually people put wavemakee on timer just to blow the Poo.

Pyro can see ur filtration setup ?
Maybe can buy some plumbing parts direct flow to side or a smaller power head

Dunno if u know , dissolved oxygen is the breaking surface not how much bubbles u see and there is a diminishing curve

I posted a link to a gif earlier. It's an OHF that has a nozzle out to circulate the tank water horizontally also. It's a 2ft quarantine tank. My main tank which the aro will go into is running on sump with a nozzle out at the top pointing to the other bottom corner.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Able to twist the output facing the front view of the glass instead of across ? So probably the current will be slower ?

Oh maybe I missed the post you have a main tank , so what’s is in there already ? 😂

I rarely have a QT tank , sinkie’s problem
Land space scarce tanks space also

Pyro77

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Able to twist the output facing the front view of the glass instead of across ? So probably the current will be slower ?

Oh maybe I missed the post you have a main tank , so what’s is in there already ? 😂

I rarely have a QT tank , sinkie’s problem
Land space scarce tanks space also

My main tank got some 6-7 inch indo tigers and small emperor red hooks and some birchirs. 4ft only so can only keep small and will upgrade in future when they grow bigger. The quarantine tank is on the floor, next to the main tank, no money buy stand :s13:

Anyway yeah, I found a 90 degree elbow, don't know from what equipment it came from and just jammed it in and twisted it towards the wall.

Later I post updated video/gif. My IP camera uplorry, need to restart I think :s22:

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol 4 feet that’s pretty crowded 😂 but at least the swimming space seems equally divided 😂

Mine cannot add fish ler
My ARO is a attitude kid .

Newbie12

Reaction score
Tks tminis and all for replying. I'm using ocean free smart1000 internal filter now with 1000l/hr flowrate. read that 2213 flowrate is only half of this. I guess I need to sell away 2213 or supplement it with another 500L/hr filter. Wanted to use a canister so I dun have to clean the filter regularly.

Right only only 1 anglerfish 3 rainbowfish 4 Cory 2 Siamese algae eater and 2 oto. Intend to get more rainbows or smaller tetras. Guess I have to hold it till my filters are sufficient. Tank is cycled and these fishes r from old 2 feet tank.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This bioload is very manageable actually
But still it is always good to have bigger capacity and future proof

Invest in a 2nd hand pro3
I seen many video on the oasse which pack some interesting features but not read any “actual “ user reviews yet thou

Tks tminis and all for replying. I'm using ocean free smart1000 internal filter now with 1000l/hr flowrate. read that 2213 flowrate is only half of this. I guess I need to sell away 2213 or supplement it with another 500L/hr filter. Wanted to use a canister so I dun have to clean the filter regularly.

Right only only 1 anglerfish 3 rainbowfish 4 Cory 2 Siamese algae eater and 2 oto. Intend to get more rainbows or smaller tetras. Guess I have to hold it till my filters are sufficient. Tank is cycled and these fishes r from old 2 feet tank.

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score

ocean free smart1000 internal filter and eheim 2213 is different item.

i have sfew pointer which i feel is that smart1000 might not be true to the 1000l/hr. on top of that it is internal. there wont be much space for u put biomedias.

i would opt for eheim 2213. external and save fish tank space in the tank.

u only have that few fishes so eheim 2213 would be more than sufficient.

also would 1000/hr tank cause the fish to be like swimming in washing machine? :s13::s13:

Newbie12

Reaction score
ocean free smart1000 internal filter and eheim 2213 is different item.

i have sfew pointer which i feel is that smart1000 might not be true to the 1000l/hr. on top of that it is internal. there wont be much space for u put biomedias.

i would opt for eheim 2213. external and save fish tank space in the tank.

u only have that few fishes so eheim 2213 would be more than sufficient.

also would 1000/hr tank cause the fish to be like swimming in washing machine? :s13::s13:
Haha ya at first seems abit strong. By my rainbowfish, Cory and siamese algae eaters seem to like it. I see them purposely swim near the filter and go against the current at times. But the angel steer clear.

How do I know if my bioload is ok? I wanna get abt 10 more cardinal size tetras. And ya. I will set up ehiem and take out that internal filter.

tminus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha ya at first seems abit strong. By my rainbowfish, Cory and siamese algae eaters seem to like it. I see them purposely swim near the filter and go against the current at times. But the angel steer clear.

How do I know if my bioload is ok? I wanna get abt 10 more cardinal size tetras. And ya. I will set up ehiem and take out that internal filter.

The only way to be sure is test kit

Otherwise 2 weeks should be fine I guess since u have fish in there already. New tank don’t move too fast. A step at a time

ZedMaster

Banned
Reaction score
Using built-in overhead filter system with the usual filter media. Flow rate should be sufficient.

One thing I realize the top filter pad tend to turn greenish (algae?) after 3-4 days.

I'll get a pH tester to check out the pH as you suggested.

Sent from Meizu M6 NOTE using GAGT

I think you put fish in too soon and your filter system not yet ready.

It takes at least two weeks for a new tank.

tminus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you put fish in too soon and your filter system not yet ready.

It takes at least two weeks for a new tank.

Well, no choice his fishes already in.

For Newbie12 you will need the filter pads in there. If not use biohome(expensive stuff) media also no use as most usable area for good bacteria will be clogged
Search YouTube on how to set up your canister. I do recommend one YouTuber “pondguru”

Pyro77

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to get my aro on pellets ah? Previous owner claimed can eat pellet but I tried to put (AR-G2) but never eat leh. Or still adjusting? Starve further? Or give prawns first in the meanwhile?

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U got see him feed pellet or not ?
And ask him what type

Mostly csb one

How to get my aro on pellets ah? Previous owner claimed can eat pellet but I tried to put (AR-G2) but never eat leh. Or still adjusting? Starve further? Or give prawns first in the meanwhile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.