Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaptwist05

Reaction score
You went to their office to settle right ?
How come you settle the payment 5 days early and they still demand money ?
This is scam leh. Legal money lender can do that ?

LML will give u a card with loan acct no, bank acct and loan amount. Did a police report and after investigation, found out the LML is not register under gov. They assume that the LML sell my acct to these AL.

Snaptwist05

Reaction score
Write off as bad debt after a few weeks of harassment I think. From fellow forummer experience, AL on and off will come disturb again after that. Bigger debts will probably come splash paint firsy

Maybe if $500 i think they can write off.. But now they demand $3000..to me thats big debt. If i were to pay them 650 for defferment, i bet they will ask for more the next time.

khunjuno

Reaction score
Maybe if $500 i think they can write off.. But now they demand $3000..to me thats big debt. If i were to pay them 650 for defferment, i bet they will ask for more the next time.

Their amount is anyhow give one lah. Add in all their nonsense late payment fee and interest, small loan can grow into thousands over a few days. Don't entertain their nonsense, if you pay $650, the next day they will say you still owe them XXXX thousands.

Snaptwist05

Reaction score
Their amount is anyhow give one lah. Add in all their nonsense late payment fee and interest, small loan can grow into thousands over a few days. Don't entertain their nonsense, if you pay $650, the next day they will say you still owe them XXXX thousands.

Now he threaten by telling me to tell my wife to be careful when she go out. He make sure my wife will go to hospital and tell me that the money i can pay to cover her hospital bill. Hhhmmm

Snaptwist05

Reaction score
Now he threaten by telling me to tell my wife to be careful when she go out. He make sure my wife will go to hospital and tell me that the money i can pay to cover her hospital bill. Hhhmmm

Now i know how coward these *******s are.. Wana beat up woman. No balls to come face to face.

khunjuno

Reaction score
Now i know how coward these *******s are.. Wana beat up woman. No balls to come face to face.

You jio him 1 on 1 lah, see whether he come out or not.

That day when I chao my ah long he say will come and break my legs since I try to run. I say OK lor, you got balls I jio you 1 on 1 outside at my carpark now. He continue say we try we try but never show up. lol

Snaptwist05

Reaction score

That day when I chao my ah long he say will come and break my legs since I try to run. I say OK lor, you got balls I jio you 1 on 1 outside at my carpark now. He continue say we try we try but never show up. lol

No point jio a coward 1 on 1..waste my effort..

khunjuno

Reaction score

Anyway bro, make police report, put a copy of it outside of your house, and block the ah long. Change phone and house number if you have to when they're bombing your phone.

Change house number is free if you can provide a copy of the police report when going to Singtel

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You never talk back to him that he not scared go jail ?
Murder will get hanged woh.

W-SP-59-9-500x653.png

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Loan Shark really so coward ah ???:s11::s11::s11:
I think I watch too much Hong Kong movie.

Snaptwist05

Reaction score
Anyway bro, make police report, put a copy of it outside of your house, and block the ah long. Change phone and house number if you have to when they're bombing your phone.

Change house number is free if you can provide a copy of the police report when going to Singtel

Will go report again tonite.. I dont hv house number

khunjuno

Reaction score
Loan Shark really so coward ah ???:s11::s11::s11:
I think I watch too much Hong Kong movie.

Must see what kind of ah long you borrow from.

If it's those WhatsApp ah long, got chance they just talk big and send threatening messages and ask their runner to do their bidding. These kind probably won't do much other than splash paint and set fire. Borrow from those old school geylang ah long kind may be more dangerous because they legit got carry out their threats one.

Anyway, we are not encouraging members to deliberately borrow and then not pay back. What most of us are facing is that we have been deliberately extorted of our money by our ah longs who make all sorts of excuses to not let us clear our loans and keep asking us to pay defer fees, or we have had money transferred to our accounts without our consent and then threatened by our ah longs to pay back with obscene amounts of interest.

It's not to say ah longs are all cowards because there have been cases where units have been set fire to and paint splashed, so definitely the risk of physical harassment is there. What we're saying is that for some of us, we cannot continue being extorted because we have already paid way more than what we owe, so that's why we made police reports and are running our ah longs now.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Must see what kind of ah long you borrow from.

If it's those WhatsApp ah long, got chance they just talk big and send threatening messages and ask their runner to do their bidding. These kind probably won't do much other than splash paint and set fire. Borrow from those old school geylang ah long kind may be more dangerous because they legit got carry out their threats one.

Anyway, we are not encouraging members to deliberately borrow and then not pay back. What most of us are facing is that we have been deliberately extorted of our money by our ah longs who make all sorts of excuses to not let us clear our loans and keep asking us to pay defer fees, or we have had money transferred to our accounts without our consent and then threatened by our ah longs to pay back with obscene amounts of interest.

It's not to say ah longs are all cowards because there have been cases where units have been set fire to and paint splashed, so definitely the risk of physical harassment is there. What we're saying is that for some of us, we cannot continue being extorted because we have already paid way more than what we owe, so that's why we made police reports and are running our ah longs now.

WhatsApp ah long is those deferred payment type old school ah loan is those let u pay in 5installment weekly

khunjuno

Reaction score
They are not afraid cos it wont be them.. It will ther runner.

I think they have shortage of manpower also, because everyone of them said they'll come up to my house when I run their loans, but none of them turned up. I suppose I'm somewhere on their priority list but perhaps not too high that they absolutely have to send someone down on the same day, but I'm not kidding myself that I've been let off yet.

khunjuno

Reaction score
WhatsApp ah long is those deferred payment type old school ah loan is those let u pay in 5installment weekly

Actually my friend recently educated me that even old school ah long have a few types.

1) Daily loan (loan 1k, repay 1200 spread over 30 days, each day pay 40)

2) weekly loan (loan 1k, repay 1200 in 7 days, which is 1k loan + $200 interest)

3) instalment loan (loan 1k, repay 300 every week for 4 weeks)

4) "chop head" loan (loan 1k, cash back 800, repay 1k in 7 days)

Also, the standard old school ah long rate outside is $200 interest for every $1000 loan. So you can keep paying only the interest every week if legit cannot come up with the $1000 to clear the loan.

Got a few types lah, but old school ah longs don't ask you to make defer payment when you can clear, because either way they will get their "interest" when you clear. It's the WhatsApp ah longs that keep asking for defer payment because that's where they earn money from. All the so called clearance payment just goes to other borrows so they don't earn any from there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.