Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Actually my friend recently educated me that even old school ah long have a few types.

1) Daily loan (loan 1k, repay 1200 spread over 30 days, each day pay 40)

2) weekly loan (loan 1k, repay 1200 in 7 days, which is 1k loan + $200 interest)

3) instalment loan (loan 1k, repay 300 every week for 4 weeks)

4) "chop head" loan (loan 1k, cash back 800, repay 1k in 7 days)

Also, the standard old school ah long rate outside is $200 interest for every $1000 loan. So you can keep paying only the interest every week if legit cannot come up with the $1000 to clear the loan.

Got a few types lah, but old school ah longs don't ask you to make defer payment when you can clear, because either way they will get their "interest" when you clear. It's the WhatsApp ah longs that keep asking for defer payment because that's where they earn money from. All the so called clearance payment just goes to other borrows so they don't earn any from there.

Ya..
Old school ah long is 1k take bk 800 weekly 250 for 4 weeks.if cannot pay and u gt base they will use it to offset .how much loan u run...

Snaptwist05

Reaction score
I think they have shortage of manpower also, because everyone of them said they'll come up to my house when I run their loans, but none of them turned up. I suppose I'm somewhere on their priority list but perhaps not too high that they absolutely have to send someone down on the same day, but I'm not kidding myself that I've been let off yet.

Have they asked u to do jobs for them?

khunjuno

Reaction score
Ya..
Old school ah long is 1k take bk 800 weekly 250 for 4 weeks.if cannot pay and u gt base they will use it to offset .how much loan u run...

Dunno how to tell you also, because got some ask me pay defer until I pay twice(THRICE???) more than what I owe but still never paid their "clear" amount. Some I pay defer until no more money to pay then report to police.

So officially in my ah long eyes, I have never cleared my loans because everybody been asking me to pay defer LOL, but never paid any clear amount. But mathematically, for those that I never pay defer more than I owe, I probably owe between 2-3k.

Have they asked u to do jobs for them?

The usual, splash paint, take photo of house / pass phone to debtor, burn unit, give ATM card, be ATM runner, lock gate, all got suggest.

Off the top of my head:
1) Splash paint = $500 / unit
2) Burn house = $1000 / unit
3) Lock gate = $50/100??? / unit
4) Give ATM card = 3 months to clear / card
5) ATM runner = 3 months to clear / card
6) Take photo of house / pass phone to debtor = $30 / house

Most of them will force you to do everything other than give ATM card because that's where they don't have to come into contact with you. For ATM card there's some risk involved for them because a handover must take place, and usually they'll ask their debtor or low level runner to do it for them. Kena caught also won't affect their business much.

DO NOT WORK FOR AH LONGS, YOU WILL BE HELD AT RANSOM / EXTORT IN THE EVENT IF YOU EVER DO WISH TO GET OUT OF THEIR SYNDICATE. DO NOT BE STUPID!

Snaptwist05

Reaction score
Dunno how to tell you also, because got some ask me pay defer until I pay twice(THRICE???) more than what I owe but still never paid their "clear" amount. Some I pay defer until no more money to pay then report to police.

So officially in my ah long eyes, I have never cleared my loans because everybody been asking me to pay defer LOL, but never paid any clear amount. But mathematically, for those that I never pay defer more than I owe, I probably owe between 2-3k.

The usual, splash paint, take photo of house / pass phone to debtor, burn unit, give ATM card, be ATM runner, lock gate, all got suggest.

Off the top of my head:

Most of them will force you to do everything other than give ATM card because that's where they don't have to come into contact with you. For ATM card there's some risk involved for them because a handover must take place, and usually they'll ask their debtor or low level runner to do it for them. Kena caught also won't affect their business much.

DO NOT WORK FOR AH LONGS, YOU WILL BE HELD AT RANSOM / EXTORT IN THE EVENT IF YOU EVER DO WISH TO GET OUT OF THEIR SYNDICATE. DO NOT BE STUPID!

Surprised that he didnt offer me any jobs.. Straight away threaten to beat up my wife and then goes silence. Haha

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

Off the top of my head:

Burn hse n paint where gt so much half the price only la

Ray1969

Reaction score
Please share the Loanshark number. Thank
I going to make police report . Just provide the number I will submit to police . Anyone with Loanshark harassment.

Guys and bros, do not provide the LS number here, you may end up revealing your identity.

ctjnini,if you want LS number, simply go google or some web advertisement and you will get it. Don't come here and get bros all into trouble.

Stress

Reaction score
Can i have a check who successfully stopped getting harrassment from these AL? Im tired.
If change hp. Will they stop? They will call office and nok for how long without contacting me if i change number. I yet to alert them yet. But preparing too. But i have evidence i didnt take up any loan. It was purely a scam.

i dunno why i so heng... owe 5 ahlong.. all kept quiet untill now... hahahahahahahahahaha harrass 2 weeks solid then quiet 2 months liao...

Stress

Reaction score
Please share the Loanshark number. Thank
I going to make police report . Just provide the number I will submit to police . Anyone with Loanshark harassment.

thanks for the concern... but everyone also report police everyone also give police ahlong number.. one bloody io ask me, u think ahlong scared of police ar... wah kanasai... waste of my time... untill now even io never contact me... i call io to report no, didnt even bother to call back.. so u think police can help? they will help only after u die i think... sibei cannot put my trust in them liao... they look down on us got la... ask me why u take ahlong, who ask u to take... eh bodoh or what... vomit blood!

ctjnini

Reaction score
i dunno why i so heng... owe 5 ahlong.. all kept quiet untill now... hahahahahahahahahaha harrass 2 weeks solid then quiet 2 months liao...
Haha I own 13 group of ls . 1mth over nothing. But police ask me go investigation

ppclip

Reaction score
Helper borrowed money from loanshark

Hi, this is my 1st post. Just realised my helper has been borrowing money from 200 to 400 from various moneylenders (lesser licensed and many unlicensed) amounting to a total of about 5K. Police report has been made. I have confiscated her cell phone and switched off the mobile.

Unfortunately the LS have my contact and home address. I was told by the police though the total amount is huge but the amount borrowed individually is not a huge amount, the LS may not send a runner (paying them) to come and harass me as it is not worth. I am very worried.

I have contacted SALC and was quoted 250 per case and to give them my helper's phone. I do not know whether to contact the LS and pay up or not. Please please help me. Thank you every one.

Stress

Reaction score
Hi, this is my 1st post. Just realised my helper has been borrowing money from 200 to 400 from various moneylenders (lesser licensed and many unlicensed) amounting to a total of about 5K. Police report has been made. I have confiscated her cell phone and switched off the mobile.

Unfortunately the LS have my contact and home address. I was told by the police though the total amount is huge but the amount borrowed individually is not a huge amount, the LS may not send a runner (paying them) to come and harass me as it is not worth. I am very worried.

I have contacted SALC and was quoted 250 per case and to give them my helper's phone. I do not know whether to contact the LS and pay up or not. Please please help me. Thank you every one.

Licensed one go pay. they got papers... unlincensed ones don't bother la.. ask ur maid how many time they defer her liao... and... why she take so many loans for what? sent her home la. god knows how many more ahlong she gonna take and make ur life miserable.

ppclip

Reaction score
Yes i have informed MOM and will be sending her back.

She said her friend teach her to borrow then she borrow. She told the police that too. I went to check the messages one time but I got so scared cause they saw me online and keep calling non stop. Send threats to her phone etc. I think it has been a few weeks since June. I kept seeing defer defer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.