Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both DSC250 and DSC550 has the same 33dB gain whilst the one from NMS has 36dB. No idea if the 3dB gain made any difference or not. I just got my NMS bundle via normal mail but haven't had the time to try out.
Yeah, the NMS antenna has a higher dB gain than the Funke, but shouldn't be much of a difference.

The thing is the NMS antenna need to stick on the wall, while the Funke antenna got its own stand which is quite good. :s13:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the NMS antenna has a higher dB gain than the Funke, but shouldn't be much of a difference.

The thing is the NMS antenna need to stick on the wall, while the Funke antenna got its own stand which is quite good. :s13:

Each has it own merit. For those area with low/poor signal coverage and need to move the antenna around for the sweet spot, NMS is the obvious choice.

giggss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thanks for the fast reply! maybe I entered the wrong search keyword just now lol

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Will definitely need to test out all the features as the intention is to use this as backup/spare.

Recording (PVR) is standard feature nowadays, even my cheap China-made STB has it. The question you should be asking is whether it can be play on PC and the answer is no (playable on the STB itself).

No idea what you meant by "Port HD"!

USB port is 2.0.

Thks bro. Port HD is portable hardisk, 1T 2TB. Nw market selling usb3.0 type liao. Shld b able supp rite?

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
I lost my letter. Ida say use ic can already. But bd say need letter. Lol

BD also wan to play safe ma. U lost letter yr fault. BD dont accept try the other outlets or thr other 3 authorised retailers lo. Or can order thru online with IMDA rite? They giving NMS STB thru m1.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thks bro. Port HD is portable hardisk, 1T 2TB. Nw market selling usb3.0 type liao. Shld b able supp rite?

Yup, support up to 2TB for the NMS STB. Using USB 3.0 HDD on USB 2.0 port not an issue, no need for high data transfer in the first place. Personally, it's better to use flash drive instead. :D

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dont need the setup box... just want that white 550... yea just saying... not blaming bd... uds that they need to make claims... but now really is llst no solution... hn and courts also rejected

BD also wan to play safe ma. U lost letter yr fault. BD dont accept try the other outlets or thr other 3 authorised retailers lo. Or can order thru online with IMDA rite? They giving NMS STB thru m1.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dont need the setup box... just want that white 550... yea just saying... not blaming bd... uds that they need to make claims... but now really is llst no solution... hn and courts also rejected

Bring it up to IMDA lor, they probably didn't inform the retailers about this alternative arrangement.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Each has it own merit. For those area with low/poor signal coverage and need to move the antenna around for the sweet spot, NMS is the obvious choice.
I have another TV in my home receiving digital TV with a 25dB indoor antenna, with good signal with more than 90% signal strength.

The Funke DSC250 should work well also I hope haha, hopefully can receive some Malaysia channels too. :s13:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have another TV in my home receiving digital TV with a 25dB indoor antenna, with good signal with more than 90% signal strength.

The Funke DSC250 should work well also I hope haha, hopefully can receive some Malaysia channels too. :s13:

Earlier I tested the NMS antenna (passive and active) on my K2 STB and USB TV stick, both also cannot receive MY channels. Actually was wondering what so nice about their FTA channel?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Earlier I tested the NMS antenna (passive and active) on my K2 STB and USB TV stick, both also cannot receive MY channels. Actually was wondering what so nice about their FTA channel?
Receiving Malaysia channels is a bonus, but during occasions like World Cup now, it's good to have it as they have free live broadcast of most matches. :o

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Receiving Malaysia channels is a bonus, but during occasions like World Cup now, it's good to have it as they have free live broadcast of most matches. :o

Not a big deal to me as I can watch it on PC. Was wondering if there are any non Malay related channel?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not a big deal to me as I can watch it on PC. Was wondering if there are any non Malay related channel?
There's 8TV which is a channel cater for Chinese viewers in Malaysia. Their Taiwan and HK shows are not dubbed in Mandarin too, which may be good for those who prefer listening to Hokkien and Cantonese.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

Hokkien and Cantonese shows on 八度空間

Interestingly, I heard the Chinese folks in Johor rather watch SG's Channel 8 and U :s13:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe the local there have trouble tuning to their own FTA channels. This YT user in Kluang, JB compared the signal strength (SS) vs signal quality (SQ) of both SG and MY, their SQ is very bad.

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My tv has internal tuner already and last time i connected a portable hdd to record program,after few years the hdd spoilt and i suspect it is because there is constant power to the hdd thus spoiling it.

Question-Can i still use a STB despite tv is already dvb-t2 ready? Wanna do this because i wanna use the STB recording function, there is a hdd incorporated in the STB right?

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My tv has internal tuner already and last time i connected a portable hdd to record program,after few years the hdd spoilt and i suspect it is because there is constant power to the hdd thus spoiling it.

Question-Can i still use a STB despite tv is already dvb-t2 ready? Wanna do this because i wanna use the STB recording function, there is a hdd incorporated in the STB right?

Sure can. The STB will be connected to your TV via HDMI or composite (red, white and yellow). Most STB do not have hard disk but have USB port. Just get a Seagate or WD USB drive and you can record in HD format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.