Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambienlim

Reaction score
Currently this law haven’t changed right? Quite BS. I go fetch my kids, otw help this guy deliver a bag of frozen meat on lalamove... cannot meh?

The law as of 01 Jan 2018.

ROAD TRAFFIC (PUBLIC SERVICE VEHICLES) RULES

Prohibition against conveying unaccompanied goods
9.—(1) The holder of a licence for a chauffeured private hire car or taxi must not use, or cause or permit —
(a) the private hire car, whether or not it is used as a chauffeured private hire car; or
(b) the taxi, whether or not it is used as a taxi,
to provide a courier pick‑up and delivery service without the prior approval of the Registrar.

(2) In this rule, a courier pick‑up and delivery service means a service consisting of the collection, conveyance and delivery, for reward, of any cargo not incidental to the carriage of any passenger in a motor vehicle; and any goods, article, food or baggage which is unaccompanied by any passenger travelling in the motor vehicle must be treated as cargo.

https://sso.agc.gov.sg/SL/RTA1961-R14?DocDate=20180621&ViewType=Pdf&_=20180621200913

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently this law haven’t changed right? Quite BS. I go fetch my kids, otw help this guy deliver a bag of frozen meat on lalamove... cannot meh?

I think you need English comprehension lessons.

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Worry so much for wat? Who will want to check whether u doing delivery or not. Wan to do jus do la. It's like those hogger, limit put 90 really drive 90.

yishun265

Reaction score
so many drivers speeding double illegal parking u-turn no wear seat belt etc. scared of 1.35M and carrying goods?

Wheels4Wheels

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the ryde pool, rydepool per trip, rydex include erp, rydex exclude erp to me if you know? Quite confusing for me as a rider. Zzz...

Then I have yet to learn the AR CR % thing. I better go study...

RydePool (aka GrabHitch/GrabShare) - you are doing a pool trip on the same route as you. Just happened to pick up someone on the same route and the person compensated you abit for the fuel and time. The price goes by per pax so you can take more than 1 pax and the first passenger cannot say no. If the first passenger says no other passenger allowed, you can cancel the booking and ask the Ryder to book RydeX which is higher rate and can have the car all to himself/herself. Comm is 3%.

RydeX (aka Grabcar) - this is outright sales of service. Price goes by per trip. Comm is 10%.

RydeExecutive (aka Grabcar Premium) - For certain higher end models of car. Price goes by per trip and 10% comm too.

ALL RATE ALREADY INCLUDED ERP ETC

For Ryde, every unique Ryder you pick up gives you a $1 bonus. Unlike Grab, you don't get the money straight away. After the trip, payment will be on pending status for 7 days. If there's no dispute, then the money will be fully in your wallet and can be cash out.

Cashing out from Ryde takes 5 days. Minimum cash out amount of $100 each time.

My personal experience?

RydePool brings on a whole new level of cheapskates passengers. Although the lower commission is attractive, many Ryders book lower-priced RydePool and expect to have the car all to themselves. Also, they do not indicate the exact number of passengers. Take note that if they put 1 pax and 2 pax show up, you are fully permitted to charge TWICE the amount because the rate in the app clearly shows "PER PAX".

That said, I have met nice Ryders as well, who fully understands. One cabin crew checked with me prior to pickup if it's ok to send an additional colleague back by paying the same amount as well. Of course I said yes surely, since they both stayed just 5mins apart from just double the amount. Some cabin crews have become my regular customers outside the app. Direct long term arrangement, no comm whatsoever.

Be very careful with Ryders who books a ride. I make it a point to check through the review of the Ryder. If more than 3 cases of "already book a ride elsewhere" reported by other drivers in review, I will skip that booking regardless of how high the rate is.

If cash flow is your concern, stay with Grab which is faster with money. I do Ryde only during unearthly hours like 2am-5am when Grab is dead.

Another useful usage is the book in advance function which is not available in Grab. This allows me to fill up my time in between other bookings here and there so my time is fully compensated.

Ryde does not force you to take bookings like Grab does. Ryde has no AR, only CR. Pax with too high CR I will avoid too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.