Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aditshar

Reaction score
There are a few local co-op games like beach buggy racing and riptide gp in the google play store that is fun to party play.

The nvidia controller is not very durable. You are better off getting Xbox or PS4 controller and pair it to the nvidia shield. Or u can make use of those cheap bluetooth controller too.

Steam link beta app is where the "real" gaming is. If you have a library of steam pc games. This app let you stream your games to the big tv.

Just wondering, the games that more catered to single player or multiplayer? I am thinking whether to get another controller

Last edited:

GoneLink

Reaction score
Hmm...thanks for the information

Think there are more games in those emulators

jayz_sg

Reaction score
Some time back I was asking if there was any tv tuner that works with Nvidia Shield (also noticed some other ppl had asked the same thing).

I took a chance and bought the HDhomerun Connect Duo. With this network based tuner, you can watch live tv on the live channels app as well as using the HDhomerun Android TV app. However the bad news is that the EPG does not work with it.

If you use Plex Media Server with a Plex Pass, you can set it up to work with the HDhomerun and with a little tinkering you can have live tv with EPG on shield tv. I found this solution to be good for me as I don't have cable tv and my TVs do not have DVB-T2 tuners. So instead of getting 2 DVB-T2 set top box (one for my room and one for my living room) I just needed one HDhomerun and I can watch TV at both rooms, using Android TV.

Hope this info helps someone who was wondering about this. Also make sure to get the UK version as the US version is using ATSC and wun work in Singapore. I got mine for 25% off, if you have a Shield TV look in your inbox for a Shield newsletter, they had sent me a coupon code for 25% off, although the newsletter was sent many months ago it still worked in the UK site.

Also the hauppauge Dual TV tuner should also work with Plex with Plex pass on the Shield TV, however I believe it does not work with LIVE channels app.

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some time back I was asking if there was any tv tuner that works with Nvidia Shield (also noticed some other ppl had asked the same thing).

I took a chance and bought the HDhomerun Connect Duo. With this network based tuner, you can watch live tv on the live channels app as well as using the HDhomerun Android TV app. However the bad news is that the EPG does not work with it.

If you use Plex Media Server with a Plex Pass, you can set it up to work with the HDhomerun and with a little tinkering you can have live tv with EPG on shield tv. I found this solution to be good for me as I don't have cable tv and my TVs do not have DVB-T2 tuners. So instead of getting 2 DVB-T2 set top box (one for my room and one for my living room) I just needed one HDhomerun and I can watch TV at both rooms, using Android TV.

Hope this info helps someone who was wondering about this. Also make sure to get the UK version as the US version is using ATSC and wun work in Singapore. I got mine for 25% off, if you have a Shield TV look in your inbox for a Shield newsletter, they had sent me a coupon code for 25% off, although the newsletter was sent many months ago it still worked in the UK site.

Also the hauppauge Dual TV tuner should also work with Plex with Plex pass on the Shield TV, however I believe it does not work with LIVE channels app.

http://s848.photobucket.com/user/kaznad/media/Plex1.png.html
Plex1.png

http://s848.photobucket.com/user/kaznad/media/Plex2.png.html
Plex2.png

Bro, sorry about chim but what is the thing u need? An app? Or buy some hardware?

U said can view on other display also ?

jayz_sg

Reaction score
Bro, sorry about chim but what is the thing u need? An app? Or buy some hardware?

U said can view on other display also ?

It's a hardware tv tuner. Basically, you need to plug in your TV antenna and power and LAN cable. Here is the link where I bought mine.

https://shopuk.silicondust.com/shop/product-category/hardware/?scrollto=483075

Yes it can watch live tv on 2 devices at the same time since this is a dual tuner. It can also watch live tv while recording another show. If you need they also have a 4 tuner version but is more expensive.

You can watch on your phone or tablet also. But keep in mind, this works only on local network. If you want it to work outside your home network, you need to set it up with Plex Server with a Plex pass.

Hope I answered your question. :)

waikiki

Reaction score

Bro, is the shieldtv coupon code reusable from the newsletter?

jayz_sg

Reaction score
Bro, is the shieldtv coupon code reusable from the newsletter?

Unfortunately it is only one time use. Look in your inbox for an email from Nvidia with subject, "A Special SHIELD reward, Android O, and The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide", there should be a 25% discount code.

There was a 20% discount code (FIFA2018WORLDCUP20%) during world cup season that just expired. :(

Mr_YA_HA

Reaction score
It's a hardware tv tuner. Basically, you need to plug in your TV antenna and power and LAN cable. Here is the link where I bought mine.

https://shopuk.silicondust.com/shop/...crollto=483075

Yes it can watch live tv on 2 devices at the same time since this is a dual tuner. It can also watch live tv while recording another show. If you need they also have a 4 tuner version but is more expensive.

You can watch on your phone or tablet also. But keep in mind, this works only on local network. If you want it to work outside your home network, you need to set it up with Plex Server with a Plex pass.

Hope I answered your question.
:)

how do u ship to sg? need forwarder?

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, you need to use a forwarder. I used vpost but you can use any forwarder in the UK.

Oh ya how much does it cost for the forwarder?
N which model to get? Cos saw a few. Even with 2 tuner there are 2 kind one round one square

jayz_sg

Reaction score
Oh ya how much does it cost for the forwarder?
N which model to get? Cos saw a few. Even with 2 tuner there are 2 kind one round one square

Using vpost and a coupon code( i forgot the code though, just googled it), I got it shipped at S$29.

In the uk store there is only 2 models. The 2 tuner and 4 tuner version. The square one is the new version, the rounded version is the old one.

Mr_YA_HA

Reaction score
Using vpost and a coupon code( i forgot the code though, just googled it), I got it shipped at S$29.

In the uk store there is only 2 models. The 2 tuner and 4 tuner version. The square one is the new version, the rounded version is the old one.

thx. so what anyenna to buy? any recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.