THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i only have green blue red inputs on my TV

Then you have to try getting this type, not the one I posted earlier

main-qimg-a0c325e1093ddeff719b645fd9e8e398

RobinYip

Reaction score
thanks alot...what is e difference between the first pic u posted and the 2nd one?

so that i wun purchase e wrong one.

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks alot...what is e difference between the first pic u posted and the 2nd one?

so that i wun purchase e wrong one.

Just wondering, apart from the green, red and blue input, your tv doesnt have the red and white audio input?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Component input as in this?
L0zda0C.jpg

If yes, you can plug the AV cable from the NMS box to the component input, by the sequence:
- Yellow cable to green port
- White cable to white port
- Red cable to red port

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That's composite input, there should be a red and white for audio input too. But STB in market do not support rgb composite input. You may need additional convertor.

jayz_sg

Reaction score
No guarantee spending more $ will get u MY channels. I used a reasonably priced loop antenna bought from neighborhood hardware shop wif a usb signal amp n managed to receive these channels after some trial n error on antenna positioning. Use the tv or stb signal quality indication on screen 2 find the optimal spot. Sometimes u just can’t get a good enough signal due 2 ur location. Try a north facing windows wif least blockage will help somewhat. Happy hunting!

ok, thanks for the advise. I'll give that a go. :)

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just redeemed a set of digital box and antenna from digital tv.

have one question, my TV only have component input ports.

The digital box only have hdmi and vga outputs, what should i do now as the serviceman also got no idea.:s13:

thanks in advance.

normally if the tv has RGB component input, it should have composite input too.

Look for yellow connector - left side, right side, behind, top and bottom.

If really cannot find, then you need to buy a converter.

hdmi to component RGB (or YPbPr) converter.

please note that component video is analog, it may still give you near 720p resolution, however, it demands high quality cable, else you will see interference pattern on the screen.

one example

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...-video-and-R-L-audio-Adapter/32814528525.html

hotpick

Reaction score
I bought the Hyundai DVBT2 box connected to a passive 3 dbi gain antenna, can get all sg channel with good picture quality but there is buzzing sound from each channel (like sound of electric current and echo effect) ... swapped with another 20 dbi gain antenna, changed HDMI connection to RCA connection ..even exchange to another Hyundai box still got the buzzing sound ..my TV sound on the analogue channel is normal without connected to the Hyundai DVBT2 box, anyone has similar issue?

Last edited:

dexter9898

Reaction score
Hi guys , recently I have purchase a antenna from courts ( the one recommended by MDA $29) . Upon setting up on my mum room I can’t get stable connection at all. I try to move around the room with the antenna but still the same. I swop the antenna to living room and it work immmediately . Not tv are digital tv . I called digital tv hotline and is forever waiting for them to get back to me. Anyone face the same issuse and any solution ? TIA

The TV in your mom's room got DVB-T2 tuner? Old flat panel tv bought before or around 2015 got no in-built DVB-T2 tuner.

android

Master Member
Reaction score
Is the set top box redeemed online same as the one that we redeemed in the store?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the set top box redeemed online same as the one that we redeemed in the store?

For online redemption, only the NMS STB is available whilst at the store, one can redeem other IMDA approved model like Draco HDT2-7700 (come with Funke DSC250 antenna).

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which one is better?

Well, there are a number of complaints about the NMS box having issues like unable to tune any channels and faulty remote.

I prefer the Draco bundle as it comes with free Funke antenna and has been around since the start of DTV. But opted for NMS as it is hassle free, just redeem online and it get send directly to your mailbox.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to Harvey Norman store at Djitsun Mall AMK and it have a notice that digital TV set top boxes are not available due to it being “sanctioned” by IMDA.. :s22:

Not sure if it's legit or not..

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to Harvey Norman store at Djitsun Mall AMK and it have a notice that digital TV set top boxes are not available due to it being “sanctioned” by IMDA.. :s22:

Not sure if it's legit or not..

All STB models? Got take snapshot of the notice?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All STB models? Got take snapshot of the notice?
I'm not too sure if it applies to all models, but didn't see any set top box displayed for sale, only indoor antennas.

Forgot to take a photo of the notice, but if anyone is going to the outlet, the notice is pasted on a TV around with some indoor antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.