East Coast Car Rental or Apex?

Seah74

Reaction score
Anyone had good/bad experience from Apex in Tasmania? Was browsing through the pricing for a carnival in Hobart airport, it seems hertz and Avis gave very high price whereas Apex offered a really good deal with 0 excess

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro. I've already made the selection of their carnival or IMAX for 5 adults and 2 kids. Hopefully we can all fit in!!
I've rented Carnival for 5 adults + 1 toddler before..

Comfortable enough with all luggages in.

bomberman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i emailed to APEX as was having some difficulty to book online, and they offered 5% discount.

casualtraveller

Reaction score
Thanks bro. I've already made the selection of their carnival or IMAX for 5 adults and 2 kids. Hopefully we can all fit in!!

rented carnival before for 6 Adults and 1 car seat. All can sit comfortably but it is a bit high for elderly to go in and out of the car. If no elderly then it's ok.

michaelkie

Reaction score
rented carnival before for 6 Adults and 1 car seat. All can sit comfortably but it is a bit high for elderly to go in and out of the car. If no elderly then it's ok.

Does the Carnival comes with auto-sliding doors? i heard it's a basic model with manual sliding doors.

Seah74

Reaction score

Siao liao, I have 3 60s folks on this trip. But they are healthy and very mobile.... I hope the height will be ok for them.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Siao liao, I have 3 60s folks on this trip. But they are healthy and very mobile.... I hope the height will be ok for them.

It's ok one, just take your time. it's not a 3 tonne type of height..

casualtraveller

Reaction score

then should be ok.. my mum is so mobile but never exercise kind. :D she say tired after getting up and down.

Awesom Andy

Reaction score

You will find that it's easier for them to get in and out rather rather than the usual cars where they would have to lower themselves onto the seat and then slowly shift.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just returned from Gold coast, 1st time rented from Apex after reading many recommendation here . Before that i had rented from thrifty and Europcar for my self drive in Tasmania and Brisbane.

Booked a elantra and got a Toyota collora sedan (Altis). Car is quite new at 6k mileage and is clean plus is also fuel saving car. Experience with them is good.

Iamnotsureofthings

Reaction score
Hi Seniors
Would like to ask for advice for Melbourne Car Rentals in 2022
ECCR still good? Or what other decent experiences with other rentals in recent times can share?

Botakkid

Reaction score
I just rented from APEX sydney and they mention need to call them after getting luggage for the shuttle bus to bring you to the office to pick up the car as they are not located inside the airport

how did you guys call the rental company to send their shuttle bus to pick you up? can approach the information counter ask them to help call or something?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.