November 2017 SBF

LynR52

Reaction score
i advise u to confirm which ID early.. cos the 3D drawing need do quite sometimes. My ID ask me to giv him 10days to draw also..somemore if the drawing come out the colors not match you still need amend here and there.. scarly.. now my ID have to rush out in 5days.. cos i getting keys soon.

You confirm everything early start work early..a reno need about 4-6weeks... so your electrical appliances come you can install up already..

Harr really ah? But i scared confirm ID early then dunno when get keys. Aiyah.

LynR52

Reaction score
Ya hope next week will receive the letter :s13:

Not kiasu la.. we want to move in asap so wont waste money on the monthly repayment and our rental fees!
U can try to store them at storhub?

Storhub also must pay...then must pay for movers to deliver them to my new place sumore. Hahaha hopefully by 30aug. Get keys then at least i cn put them in 1 room n lock them while doing reno.

heybuddy

Reaction score
Yes exactly! My rental monthly is 500dlrs. No cabinet no extra room. My son starting school sept after school holidays. So i cannot afford to waste much time. No doubt hdb said they give 4mths grace to return rental after get keys..but i dun want to be paying extra 500mthly. Hees
I want to quickly stop paying for rental! Those $$ can save up for furnitures :s13:

Monday21

Reaction score
I went for selection 4th june. So about 6wks plus then received this letter lor. Hopefully by nxt wk cn get grant approval. Once i knw when key collection im going to book ID liao. Already went to 7 IDs in total to ask for qoutations. Kiasu i know! 😂

I feel you! I asked from 6 IDs today hehe... slow talk my husband to do up thing we NEED only...

LynR52

Reaction score
I feel you! I asked from 6 IDs today hehe... slow talk my husband to do up thing we NEED only...

Wow u went to 6 IDs all in a day? Any recommendations which ID charged u the cheapest? I went to both ID n contractor. Apparently contractor is charging me more than IDs even without gst.

Monday21

Reaction score
Wow u went to 6 IDs all in a day? Any recommendations which ID charged u the cheapest? I went to both ID n contractor. Apparently contractor is charging me more than IDs even without gst.

no lah i didnt go down to their showrooms or offices physically. I approached some thru FB, some thru gumtree. Out of 6, only 2 came back (maybe cos i sent them my layout last night). on my want-to-do list was:

1. Cabinet 20ft with all the soft closing mechanisms (install sink/hob/hood)
2. 10ft worktop
3. Painting works
4. Hacking of half height kitchen wall, touch up and laminate countertop
5. Lighting and plumbing works
6. Haulage and debris removal
7. Chemical wash & General Cleaning
8. Window Grilles (Service yard, Bedrooms and Living Room + Windows for Yard)

Actually the wall hacking not necessary but i just throw in to see whether can fit in my budget. One direct contractor quoted me 12k. Another one quoted me 8.7k. The second one came with free stove, hood, sink and tap.

The second one told me to bring him over to the unit once i collected keys to see what else can be minimized.

william lek

Reaction score
HDB fire insurance have to buy from ETIQA only for taking HDB Loan ?

Will u buy all also cover renovation and additional made to your home in the form of fixture and fitting ?

Last edited:

Monday21

Reaction score

Another one came back with quotations late last night... 8.1k but not inclusive of electrical works. I need to contact his sub-con for that . Asked him for an estimation, he quoted me $600. Total amount sam with the second guy but no free gifts... so I need to take into consideration that i have to put aside money for stove, hood, sink and tap...

Erinlmh

Reaction score
no lah i didnt go down to their showrooms or offices physically. I approached some thru FB, some thru gumtree. Out of 6, only 2 came back (maybe cos i sent them my layout last night). on my want-to-do list was:

2. 10ft worktop
3. Painting works

Actually the wall hacking not necessary but i just throw in to see whether can fit in my budget. One direct contractor quoted me 12k. Another one quoted me 8.7k. The second one came with free stove, hood, sink and tap.

The second one told me to bring him over to the unit once i collected keys to see what else can be minimized.

Your reno job covers mostly for kitchen, grilles, paint, lighting. No need wardrobe and flooring?

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Called up HDB grant department this morning. Though didn't manage to speak to the actual officer in-charge, but managed to speak to her colleague. Was told that they are assessing our application right now. Will take 3-6 weeks to process the application. She also told me that the calculation does not take into consideration for our 13th month salary and bonus (if any).

Amex^1234

Reaction score

2. 10ft worktop
3. Painting works

8.7k with hacking and cabinets quite good price. But you no need wardrobe? Shoe cabinet? Feature wall/ tv console?

Amex^1234

Reaction score

I did share with a few people here with my ID contact from YIS Living. is a friend of mine though.. his company also dont charge GST. Do make sure those ID you source dont have any hidden cost.. especially those keep ask you pay deposit one..

Amex^1234

Reaction score
Called up HDB grant department this morning. Though didn't manage to speak to the actual officer in-charge, but managed to speak to her colleague. Was told that they are assessing our application right now. Will take 3-6 weeks to process the application. She also told me that the calculation does not take into consideration for our 13th month salary and bonus (if any).

pian ren de... i think mine was calculated... my grant very less lo...:(

Erinlmh

Reaction score
pian ren de... i think mine was calculated... my grant very less lo...:(

I waiting for them to give me the approval and if the figures is wrong, I will appeal again. I'm experienced in it anyway :s13::s13:

I wanna move faster now. Getting a property agent to come see my resale flat today. Wanna put up for sales asap. Hopefully can sell faster then I will stay with my parents while MIL goes to her daughter's place:s12::s12::s12: At least 1 year of peace after staying together for 13 years :D

Monday21

Reaction score
Your reno job covers mostly for kitchen, grilles, paint, lighting. No need wardrobe and flooring?

My unit is already with flooring.. For now I can make do with my current wardrobe. The second guy did throw in a 6-ft wardrobe for MBR and 5-ft wardrobe for CMR in the quotation in case i might want to know how much it would cost... it was 11.2K in total... Told him I dont want a wardrobe yet cos i have my own design in mind which i dont mind waiting another year to save up first...

Monday21

Reaction score

I guess the calculation indeed does not take in 13th month bonus cos I got exactly the amount i calculated without my bonuses...

Guess my friends case all diff..

Monday21

Reaction score
8.7k with hacking and cabinets quite good price. But you no need wardrobe? Shoe cabinet? Feature wall/ tv console?

Due to my tight budget, i removed all things that were not really necessary right now... Dunno why but i prefer those nordic TV consol than the feature wall type... Lol... Wardrobe still can use current one... Shoe cabinet also got current one...

Right now only do up the must haves like grill and cabinet... Once moved in, stop paying for rental, then i have a better chance of saving for things that i have in mind....

Monday21

Reaction score
I did share with a few people here with my ID contact from YIS Living. is a friend of mine though.. his company also dont charge GST. Do make sure those ID you source dont have any hidden cost.. especially those keep ask you pay deposit one..

What they submit to us in the quotation form and what they use for bank loan is usually the final amount right?

Monday21

Reaction score
I waiting for them to give me the approval and if the figures is wrong, I will appeal again. I'm experienced in it anyway :s13::s13:

I wanna move faster now. Getting a property agent to come see my resale flat today. Wanna put up for sales asap. Hopefully can sell faster then I will stay with my parents while MIL goes to her daughter's place:s12::s12::s12: At least 1 year of peace after staying together for 13 years :D

Breathing space :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.