Mattress - which brand / types? Part 2

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy local for a peace of mind... i bought latex sofabed from jb i was so worried about receiving defective product...

Also dont forget uncle give u free latex pillows right?

I think most shops can make arrangements to ship out ba...

A little regret buying from uncle... Haha.

Sent from Samsung SM-J730GM using GAGT

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy local for a peace of mind... i bought latex sofabed from jb i was so worried about receiving defective product...

Also dont forget uncle give u free latex pillows right?
The latex pillow is not much of a consolation

Weeely

Reaction score
have you guys considered going JB to buy mylatex?

i saw on lazada my that mylatex rio king size selling 2899. which is 1k SGD. compared to uncle, it is still cheaper even with $70 GST and 100 SGD for delivery charges.

was thinking of buying 2 singles from uncle because it is cheap. but then realized even though he selling it cheap, it is still more expensive than JB...so wondering if i should just buy from JB instead.
which makes me wonder if i should have bought my king rio from JB as well...at $1.2k it is cheapest by far

Erm, I think you're referring to this lazada link:https://www.lazada.com.my/products/...10-years-warranty-i117889696-s123855219.html?

That product is a 6" latex. The uncle sold me queen at 8", 1.2k before gst.

I think the uncle's king size is also 8", at 1.5k after gst. Hence the price difference?:s22:

Last edited:

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think std king is 8 inch right?

Weeely

Reaction score
I think std king is 8 inch right?

Hmm, not sure if there's a standard, but outside sell latex mattress hovers between 6" to 8", or maybe more. The lazada one only indicate 6" :/

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which shop in imm carry mylatex ah. Which floor? Thanks

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OgAbcYQ.jpg

Is this better than latex? Sounds natural

ko.tatashi

Reaction score
Was quoted $4450 for a 12" Mylatex full organic latex King size mattress (8"+4"). Comes with 2 free full latex pillows and a storage bed (can get between 9" to 12" depth depending on individual's preference). Is this too expensive or is it reasonable? :s12::s12: Forgotten to check the model name...

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OgAbcYQ.jpg

Is this better than latex? Sounds natural
Tencel is likely to be the bed sheet cover, not cushion comfort layer.
Tencel traps less heat but can't use softener and looks quite ceased.

Last edited:

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was quoted $4450 for a 12" Mylatex full organic latex King size mattress (8"+4"). Comes with 2 free full latex pillows and a storage bed (can get between 9" to 12" depth depending on individual's preference). Is this too expensive or is it reasonable? :s12::s12: Forgotten to check the model name...
My guess is you saw it at some big mall shops?

I'm not sure if you really need a 12 inch but that price is enough to purchase 3 x 8" :o

ko.tatashi

Reaction score
My guess is you saw it at some big mall shops?

I'm not sure if you really need a 12 inch but that price is enough to purchase 3 x 8" :o

I went to Expo yesterday. The salesperson was from Bliss Bedding and they have a store at Space@Tampines. I was quoted $3600 for the 8" King size mattress with the same free gifts. She said their price is higher because the materials they ordered to make their Mylatex mattresses are different from those selling by other stores at lower prices. I wonder how true is this...

I personally felt that the 12" is much comfortable when compared to the 8". :D:D

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suggest to pm tatashi the store instead of publicizing the price...uncle told me he sold me wrong price but because I paid in full already, he just absorb the difference by taking less profit.

So don't advertise the price he gave me.
Don't want Sabo uncle, nor do I want to give other forumers the idea that they can all get it at the same price I got

Last edited:

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its the tag on the packaging of the balmain pillow itself... i also had the impression that tencel refers to pillow cover...

Tencel is likely to be the bed sheet cover, not cushion comfort layer.
Tencel traps less heat but can't use softener and looks quite ceased.

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No wonder so cheap... lucky u :D

Suggest to pm tatashi the store instead of publicizing the price...uncle told me he sold me wrong price but because I paid in full already, he just absorb the difference by taking less profit.

So don't advertise the price he gave me.
Don't want Sabo uncle, nor do I want to give other forumers the idea that they can all get it at the same price I got

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I confirm ppl who bought from Yishun:

1. They only sell RIO and not Tara Mylatex
2. Bought at $1200 (Queen) before GST

Thanks in advance!

Weeely

Reaction score
Can I confirm ppl who bought from Yishun:

1. They only sell RIO and not Tara Mylatex
2. Bought at $1200 (Queen) before GST

Thanks in advance!

1. They sell a range of mylatex products, RIO being one of them. They didn't carry TARA. You'd need to ask the uncle exactly what he offers.

2. Yup. Receipt as shown.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So is the uncle still selling at 1200 for the queen size or not?
Rio is suppose to replace Tara which should be phasing out.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.