Reaction score
Damn this clock is cool!

Chanel-Chronosphere-Clock-4.jpg

pwillie

Master Member
Reaction score
Thinning the herd...

LJO0lu6.jpg

I realized some of the buyers are from this thread, so thanks for your suppork! :D

daniel92

Reaction score
advice on getting a dress watch

Hi guys, sorry for the noob question but I was thinking of buying my first proper watch for work (and maybe casual) purposes - a simple dress watch to wear to work everyday (or almost everyday) would be ideal.

Was thinking of buying one where the straps can be changed easily to fit the occasion. Initially thought of getting a Daniel Wellington but i've read that it's not that great of a watch and most of the cost is for the marketing.

Assuming a budget of 100+ to 200+ dollars, any recommendations (in terms of brands and also where to get them) in light of the above? Or know of any shops (central-ish) that I can go and make enquiries?

Thanks so much, have a good week everyone. Cheers.

Last edited:

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry for the noob question but I was thinking of buying my first proper watch for work (and maybe casual) purposes - a simple dress watch to wear to work everyday (or almost everyday) would be ideal.

Was thinking of buying one where the straps can be changed easily to fit the occasion. Initially thought of getting a Daniel Wellington but i've read that it's not that great of a watch and most of the cost is for the marketing.

Assuming a budget of 100+ to 200+ dollars, any recommendations (in terms of brands and also where to get them) in light of the above? Or know of any shops (central-ish) that I can go and make enquiries?

Orient Bambino V1
26aaZDL.jpg

Orient Mako XL
O1d1xT5.jpg

and everyone beloved Seiko SKX007 (not my pic)
2qh3n8pho0gz.jpg

All can be easily found at bencoolen, there are a few reputable shops, like 3D or wins watch, go walk around and see see look look test test

you can't go wrong with seiko or orient at $200 price point :D

tictactor

Master Member
Reaction score
@daniel92

well at your price point, I think the Orient Bambino is going to be pretty tough to beat. You can get it for about ~250 at Bencoolen, or about ~170 on carousell (grey dealer aka authentic but no manufacturer's warranty).

Personally I like the SNZG15/13 too but it doesn't seem to fit your dress watch requirement.

Do make a trip down to bencoolen and explore the shops. Even city chain etc. You never know what might catch your eye!

edit: straps very easy to change once you get the tools! Can easily source from taobao

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Orient bambino.
If too old looking to you.
Seiko skx 007 or sea urchin (Google this)

It depends on your lifestyle.

But seiko divers are more all rounder.

Buy watch must match your lifestyle.

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score

@daniel92

well at your price point, I think the Orient Bambino is going to be pretty tough to beat. You can get it for about ~250 at Bencoolen, or about ~170 on carousell (grey dealer aka authentic but no manufacturer's warranty)......

Orient bambino.
If too old looking to you......
要好看又得體,不用花大錢的。。。只要懂得搭配就行了!
20171103_58f85360ad8f5cfe22f9IwPtEL2vRhjP.jpg

20171103_30094177436d1d8434edyGpQVUwOodTQ.jpg

20171103_b55cbe057d6c699e9227tRNW0Qg44RSo.jpg

20171103_b1d58f49e7a3603e7397j6kfyC1vmITe.jpg

20171103_c7ed3131af1eca89c005Ypo18K09ldH2.jpg

:s8:

AyuReady

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The new Orient with small second is a nice contender

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www...nt-bambino-small-seconds-ss-watch-review/amp/

AyuReady

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will go with the zenith if u do not care about resale

For Rolex can get better models in future when budget permits

IlvSM79.jpg

Been looking for a simple blue dial stainless steel watch for daily wear. Manage to narrow down the above which is around my budget. But cant make up my mind, could bros here share some opinions thks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.