NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Ridhwan1820

Reaction score
I can answer your first 3 questions based on what I experienced/know.

1) I applied for the Feb window, had interview in early March, but was only rejected in early May. So that's about 8-9 weeks for them to reject me. I saw people from my faculty who passed the interview received the shortlisted email within 4-5 weeks. But there are people who are rejected within 4-5 weeks also. So it depends.

2) I feel that MOE is cutting down on hiring teachers. JCs and Secondary schools are merging too, just like the Primary schools.

3) I have being rejected for their scholarship, internship and now PGDE too, so I don't know what they are looking out for. Yes, I have seen friends with first class honours getting rejected. I think it depends on the subjects you choose and the number of vacancy available in that window too.

Oh man. Then i shouldnt harbour too much hope for this position. Thanks for the input.

Ridhwan1820

Reaction score
I can answer your first 3 questions based on what I experienced/know.

1) I applied for the Feb window, had interview in early March, but was only rejected in early May. So that's about 8-9 weeks for them to reject me. I saw people from my faculty who passed the interview received the shortlisted email within 4-5 weeks. But there are people who are rejected within 4-5 weeks also. So it depends.

2) I feel that MOE is cutting down on hiring teachers. JCs and Secondary schools are merging too, just like the Primary schools.

3) I have being rejected for their scholarship, internship and now PGDE too, so I don't know what they are looking out for. Yes, I have seen friends with first class honours getting rejected. I think it depends on the subjects you choose and the number of vacancy available in that window too.

For the answer to qn1 you gave, i reckon you were placed in the standby list. In case other candidates rejected the offer, you would have been offered the position. That must have been a long painful wait for you. The wait has been slowly killing me.

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Oh man. Then i shouldnt harbour too much hope for this position. Thanks for the input.

You can still give it a try, just like me I am trying PGDE for the third time.

I can tell you that I seen friends with no honours who managed to get in last year. Most of the people I know who got in (excluding scholars) are posted to primary schools.

Ridhwan1820

Reaction score
You can still give it a try, just like me I am trying PGDE for the third time.

I can tell you that I seen friends with no honours who managed to get in last year. Most of the people I know who got in (excluding scholars) are posted to primary schools.

Im a first class honors from ntu with a near perfect score. I thought that i would get me some good offers but i havent even received any offers from anyone yet. @@

Ridhwan1820

Reaction score
Hi guys, had my interview few weeks back. i just checked my career@gov, and my status has just changed from in process to shortlisted. Anyone has any idea what do they mean by ‘shortlisted’ in this case?

Congrats! You have one foot in already from what i can understand reading the entries in the forum. Just curious, is this for the PGDE? Pri or sec sch? And interview was in early or mid june?

Last edited:

Happiness1234

Reaction score
Congrats! You have one foot in already from what i can understand reading the entries in the forum. Just curious, is this for the PGDE? Pri or sec sch? And interview was in early or mid june?
Yeap it’s PGDE for pri. And my int was mid july.Hoping for the best! Will update if theres anything. Thank you and good luck to you

Ridhwan1820

Reaction score
Yeap it’s PGDE for pri. And my int was mid july.Hoping for the best! Will update if theres anything. Thank you and good luck to you

16-20 july or the week after that? I had mine on the second week stated. Could be bad news..

Last edited:

huangsandra

Reaction score
Hi guys, had my interview few weeks back. i just checked my career@gov, and my status has just changed from in process to shortlisted. Anyone has any idea what do they mean by ‘shortlisted’ in this case?

Hello,May I ask which subject you applied for?

Dee@317

Reaction score
I attended the interview sometime in mid july. Hope i can get some answers here.

1) was told that it will take 4-6 weeks post interview to know the outcome. I have read through multiple entries in this forum and from what i understand, people who are rejected get to know the outcome first. Does this mean that people who are successful will only get to know it a bit later?

2) what is the current demand for teachers in MOE? Are JC and Sec school teachers more needed given the fact that pri schools are merging soon? Does that mean that people who have applied for primary schools will have a lower chance of getting in for the upcoming window period?

3) what exactly is MOE looking at in the hiring process? I have heard of people with first class honors and masters getting rejected eventhough they seem to think they had hardly put a foot wrong during the interview. Is the performance shown during interview > class of honors. Does class of honors even matter at all?

4) can anyone tell me the training involved in the allied educator (behavioural) program? Is it also very hard to get in?

For your qn 4, as of now they are looking for people to join the Allied Educator LBS (behavioural) programme. Might be easier to get in

Ridhwan1820

Reaction score
Still too early to say! Dont worry, lets just wait for the email! And mine was on the first week of interview i think

Might be too early. Question now becomes whether they had changed the status by mass or is it normally done one applicant at a time. If its the former, it certainly isint good news.

Will be happy to hear news from other applicants here with regards to status change.

Ridhwan1820

Reaction score
My friend's friend who had her interview in mid july also had the status changed online. So yeah i think it is more or less decided, all the best to those still in it.

ettoearth

Reaction score
sigh :(

I attended the teaching interview for PDGE (sec school) in the second week of July but my careers@gov status is still 'in process'.:(

Ridhwan1820

Reaction score
I attended the teaching interview for PDGE (sec school) in the second week of July but my careers@gov status is still 'in process'.:(

My cousin applied for sec sch PGDE. His status also changed already. Its better to know the truth now rather than have us wait for months without any desired outcome. The only slim hope now is for people to reject the offer lol. Who knows they got a better job offer elsewhere.

ettoearth

Reaction score
My cousin applied for sec sch PGDE. His status also changed already. Its better to know the truth now rather than have us wait for months without any desired outcome. The only slim hope now is for people to reject the offer lol. Who knows they got a better job offer elsewhere.
I see. Your cousin's status has changed to shortlisted?

Seems like we are on the waiting list? I agree that they should let us know the truth now rather than keep us waiting...

Ridhwan1820

Reaction score
hi ridhwan, means your friend had her interview just last week? do you know what subjects she applied for? :o

Not really my friend but rather a friend's friend. I didnt ask. Does it matter though? My cousin applied for sec sch - bio and computer applications.

Ridhwan1820

Reaction score
I see. Your cousin's status has changed to shortlisted?

Seems like we are on the waiting list? I agree that they should let us know the truth now rather than keep us waiting...

Waiting list, yes this is my assumption. So its entirely up to fate now. You cant expect them to give a definite answer now if indeed we are placed on the waiting list lol. I reckon those who had their status changed will get an email notification two weeks from now. Then it is up to them to decide from there. Whether they want to reject the medical appointmentnor not etc.

This is based on the many info i have gathered from reading entries in this thread.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.