Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Migraine22

Reaction score
1. Make a police report
2. Close bank account
3. Inform next of kin and work place
4. Block the numbers and screen unknown numbers, do not engage with them
5. STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS
Ya am planning to make police report. Next of kin already informed.. how do i screen unknown number? If i blocked wil they be more fierce n send runner to my house? Sorry im scared if they will come..

Sharuu

Reaction score
Ya am planning to make police report. Next of kin already informed.. how do i screen unknown number? If i blocked wil they be more fierce n send runner to my house? Sorry im scared if they will come..

There's an app called Drupe or Truecaller, figure out how to make this the default call app on your phone. YouTube has lots of instructional videos. But this shouldn't be a priority yet. If you already know what numbers they use, keep track of those and block them and don't answer unknown numbers can already.

I don't know if they will send runner (aka terrified, wayward teenagers) or not, but based on the amount you mentioned, it sounds like a BS scam. Just stop giving them money and stop talking to them. Disappear. First week they will be the scariest, just ignore and don't look. Use this time to meditate and think about all the mistakes you made in life that led you to this moment. Tell your neighbours that you got scammed and ask them to keep a look out. You also be wary of people, and by wary I mean pay attention to your surroundings, NOT calling the police at every cat lady who passes by your void deck.

You'll get bored after a month.

All the best.

cw3007

Reaction score
Hi all. Ive been reading this from the first page..now decide to register.. am having same problem with UML. And really after reading from all of u. I feel much better.. but still scare when got all the msgs.. borrowed 400.. but pay deferment fees almost 2k.. wanted to close but he keep saying defer defer... had enuff already... tired thinking but have to face it due to wrong move.. now asking for 650.. but still defer fee not for close acct..

After u read so much u still give? Pls use this money for your family la. Yr family has to endure all these **** with you so pls treat them nice by buying them things instead giving all these money to AL

lesnar88

Reaction score

Just block all incoming numbers and WhatsApp messages for now. Coz AL based in JB can use SG prepaid numbers. You want to stay invisible as though now I'm talking to a wall

Send runner to your house? God knows. But the odds are low if you can remember what you read through the thread.

Just try this. Go down to your house downstairs, all staircase and lift landings. Walk just 10m radius and count how many cameras are installed. So if runner really come, high chance will get caught.

Want to be extra safe? Go install CCTV. Probably you can count more lizards than humans

25chic

Reaction score
Seriously, you have to stop these videos. If you haven’t experience before just zip it. I was asking those who have gone thru before when they have problems paying up LML.

If we want to watch these videos, we’ll know where to look for them.

Last edited:

cw3007

Reaction score
Hi all. Ive been reading this from the first page..now decide to register.. am having same problem with UML. And really after reading from all of u. I feel much better.. but still scare when got all the msgs.. borrowed 400.. but pay deferment fees almost 2k.. wanted to close but he keep saying defer defer... had enuff already... tired thinking but have to face it due to wrong move.. now asking for 650.. but still defer fee not for close acct..

What r u afraid of? Dont let yr imagination run wild when things might not happen. Focus on those advice we tell you. If u cannot take it change yr tel no. Dont pay the 650 anymore plssssss.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

Just prepare for the worse paint lock gate.then u be ok .endure for 3 mth

Last edited:

Migraine22

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise.. every lift landing and stairs have POL cam.. they threatened thru voice note.. call my NOK.. but already told them to ignored those private number calls..as they have blocked the actual AL number.. at nights always get those imaginary things..worried etc.. everynight stayed up with doors n window open..

Sharuu

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise.. every lift landing and stairs have POL cam.. they threatened thru voice note.. call my NOK.. but already told them to ignored those private number calls..as they have blocked the actual AL number.. at nights always get those imaginary things..worried etc.. everynight stayed up with doors n window open..

SAME. First week I slept outside my house after that I scared pontianak and my back pain so I moved back in.

But you'll get over it.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Did they come your place day or night? Been staying up these nights, doors open & lights on. No more stamina already.
They came at day and eveving...
Seriously if u open door the runner also scare.they think u ambushing them I always leave several pairs of men shoes outside my door before I sleep.

Last edited:

Wayne77

Reaction score
I have been reading this thread for a while and I feel encouraged that fellow forumers are sharing their experience and offer their advice to other victims.

Also had the experience of borrowing from uml once. And I felled prey to them. I suffered a lot mentally. Fortunately, I thought hard about what I should do.

Like many others, the uml came up with excuses to make me pay more interest. After clearing, they transferred to me without my consent.

Eventually, I insisted on clearing the entire loan. After that , I straight await went to close the account and reopened a new one for my salary crediting. I also changed number.

These days, I use a number blocker app to block private numbers, and also hide sms from callers who are not in my contact list. The app is call Calls Blacklist Pro. And it can add numbers to be blocked from calling you.

My advice is like what most other forumers said, as follow :

Don't pay them. Else they will surely keep.coming back for more and never ends.
Don't fear them. Because they feed on your fear.
Change bank account and telephone number.
And of cos never ever borrow from uml again.

I know of people who committed suicide because of succumbing to debts, but my advice is, worse come to worse, a person is broke or bankrupt also won't die. Worse case van drive taxi or phv, work hard also can make a living. Once you have get over the stigma and fear of embarrassment, you actually feel it is not life and death matter.

Last thing, I know from friends that some churches are helping many people who are in debt and homeless and jobless, and they eventually recover

Take care fellow bros, be strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.