[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
I got 3 ranchus and 2 orandas, not the good quality type. All chosen by my young child, it all started with my child wanting to have an aquarium. But now i am more attached to the hobby than my child. Hahahaha

Sent from 波多野结衣 using GAGT

Its normal. Ended up, its the parents who will be the care givers. :D

cybstorm

Reaction score
Anybody rearing mini freshwater crabs?

QPhCw7e.jpg

qIwxf37.jpg

cybstorm

Reaction score
Yup panther and vampire. This is a pure fresh water setup. I bought the panther missing a claw, and it has since regained it after moulting a few days ago. I just top up water every other day and suck as much dirt off the sand substrate. Not too concerned about their poo cos they do their business on the soil substrate on which the moss grows. Panther is fully aquatic and vampire is semi aquatic.

hwarzoner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup panther and vampire. This is a pure fresh water setup. I bought the panther missing a claw, and it has since regained it after moulting a few days ago. I just top up water every other day and suck as much dirt off the sand substrate. Not too concerned about their poo cos they do their business on the soil substrate on which the moss grows. Panther is fully aquatic and vampire is semi aquatic.

ok noted thanks :)

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody rearing mini freshwater crabs

Used to have a few vampire crabs in a low tier tank all when missing... till today i couldn't find any body(shell)

Only one i find in my tank but the next day gone...

Newbie12

Reaction score
Hello guys. Last month I posted if ehiem 2213 is strong enough for a 3ft by 1.5ft by 1.5ft tank. Most of you said it's fine becos my fish stock is low and it's quite planted.

My tank now has 3 otos, 1 angelfish and 4 albino corys. 1 cory has grown to be abt 2.5 inch big. The rest are still abt 1 inch only. They are still surviving. These are from my old tank.

I have also added 5 blue rainbowfish, 1 bristlenose pleco and 12 white cloud mountains. I am lucky that my angelfish doesn't really bother the smaller fishes. In fact with all the activities, it seems to come out more often from hiding.

Questions: Is my tank overstocked? The blue rainbows are very active swimmers and greedy too. I have to overfeed so my other fishes can get food but I'm not adding new filter. The ehiem is abt 3 weeks old and there r dirt in the tubes already. Is it too fast to have such symptoms? I do abt 10 to 15% water change weekly.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

Hakaima

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5 bucks of java can grow till a lot.

I have a tank full. Of chapalang moss

Sent from The Depth Of My Bowels using GAGT

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope, by Sg standards la
If u keep up with water change and filtration

IMO 2213 got opportunity replace with a 2nd hand pro3

Hello guys. Last month I posted if ehiem 2213 is strong enough for a 3ft by 1.5ft by 1.5ft tank. Most of you said it's fine becos my fish stock is low and it's quite planted.

My tank now has 3 otos, 1 angelfish and 4 albino corys. 1 cory has grown to be abt 2.5 inch big. The rest are still abt 1 inch only. They are still surviving. These are from my old tank.

I have also added 5 blue rainbowfish, 1 bristlenose pleco and 12 white cloud mountains. I am lucky that my angelfish doesn't really bother the smaller fishes. In fact with all the activities, it seems to come out more often from hiding.

Questions: Is my tank overstocked? The blue rainbows are very active swimmers and greedy too. I have to overfeed so my other fishes can get food but I'm not adding new filter. The ehiem is abt 3 weeks old and there r dirt in the tubes already. Is it too fast to have such symptoms? I do abt 10 to 15% water change weekly.

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
My son pestered moi wife to go market n buy fish today and they returned with these..

iOvnmJK.jpg

I'm not well versed in fish myself, can experts advise me what type of fish are these and how to take care of them?

Do I need air pump n filter system?

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My son pestered moi wife to go market n buy fish today and they returned with these..

iOvnmJK.jpg

I'm not well versed in fish myself, can experts advise me what type of fish are these and how to take care of them?

Do I need air pump n filter system?

danio pink

yes, u need filter as long there's a good water flow u dont need air pump

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
danio pink

yes, u need filter as long there's a good water flow u dont need air pump

Wah, they put in those small tanks which does not come with filter, think I must go get a small aquarium with those built in filter?

Ghostleader5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SWJKaXOl.jpg

Good afternoon Shifus,

Is it difficult to set up an aquascape like this from scratch? Thank you

:o

Sent from the future using GAGT

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, they put in those small tanks which does not come with filter, think I must go get a small aquarium with those built in filter?

Buy a 30L tank with a cover in it should have filter and light cost from $70-$200

imo
pros: compact and all in one
cons: filter too small

New tank you will need to cycle tank

Basic things that you need
water conditioner (remove removes chlorine and neutralizes chloramines)
granules food

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I will advise you to go for Eheim Pro 3(2275) or Ecco Pro 300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.