November 2017 SBF

Monday21

Reaction score
Today finally my grant is approved.

24th May Flat selection
6th Aug Receive 6 weeks letter
14th Aug Grant reflected on myHDBpage

Awaiting for appointment date for signing of lease/key collection.

Sadly as my HLE expired on 4th Aug, i have to reapply again!
How long does it usually take for HLE to be approved?

Usually like 5 days...

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Finally gotten my appointment to sign the lease on 9th of Sept, but cannot collect keys :s13::s13: The day has come....

viccom87

Reaction score
I never get any letters since selection on 19 June.. Not mentioning other news.. Email hdb but no response also.. 😂😂😂

heybuddy

Reaction score
Collecting keys tomorrow..

Things to bring:

Fire insurance
Marriage cert
Bank account number
Joint tenancy letter
Pen, according to amex

Nothing else right?

Erinlmh

Reaction score
What will be your choice?

Joint Tenancy or Tenancy-in-Common

from HDB website

Joint Tenancy
Under joint tenancy, each of the co-owners together own the whole interest in the flat.

In joint tenancy, the right of survivorship applies. This means that upon the demise of any joint owner, his interest in the flat would automatically be passed on to the remaining co-owners. This is regardless of whether the deceased joint owner has left behind a Will. Get more information on the retention of flat upon the demise of a joint owner.

Example:

Mr A, Mrs A (wife) and Mr C (son) own an HDB flat under joint tenancy. In the event of Mr A’s demise, the ownership of the flat will automatically be passed to Mrs A and Mr C.

Tenancy-in-common
Under tenancy-in-common, each co-owner holds a separate and distinct share in the flat.

The right of survivorship does not apply. Upon the demise of a co-owner, his interest in the flat will be distributed according to his Will (if any). If there is no Will, his interest in the flat will be distributed to the beneficiaries in accordance with the provisions of the Intestate Succession Act. Read more on the retention of flat upon the demise of a tenant-in-common.

Example:

Mr A and Mrs A (wife) own an HDB flat under tenancy-in-common with 60% and 40% share respectively. In the event of Mr A’s demise, his ownership in the flat (i.e. 60% share) will be distributed according to his Will, or according to the provisions of the Intestate Succession Act.

I will opt for Joint Tenancy

heybuddy

Reaction score
What will be your choice?

Joint Tenancy or Tenancy-in-Common

from HDB website

Joint Tenancy
Under joint tenancy, each of the co-owners together own the whole interest in the flat.

In joint tenancy, the right of survivorship applies. This means that upon the demise of any joint owner, his interest in the flat would automatically be passed on to the remaining co-owners. This is regardless of whether the deceased joint owner has left behind a Will. Get more information on the retention of flat upon the demise of a joint owner.

Example:

Mr A, Mrs A (wife) and Mr C (son) own an HDB flat under joint tenancy. In the event of Mr A’s demise, the ownership of the flat will automatically be passed to Mrs A and Mr C.

Tenancy-in-common
Under tenancy-in-common, each co-owner holds a separate and distinct share in the flat.

The right of survivorship does not apply. Upon the demise of a co-owner, his interest in the flat will be distributed according to his Will (if any). If there is no Will, his interest in the flat will be distributed to the beneficiaries in accordance with the provisions of the Intestate Succession Act. Read more on the retention of flat upon the demise of a tenant-in-common.

Example:

Mr A and Mrs A (wife) own an HDB flat under tenancy-in-common with 60% and 40% share respectively. In the event of Mr A’s demise, his ownership in the flat (i.e. 60% share) will be distributed according to his Will, or according to the provisions of the Intestate Succession Act.

I will opt for Joint Tenancy

Most opt for joint tenancy right?

:s13::s13::s13: congratz!! nets.... to pay conservancy charges.. lol..

Yes and this one!

heybuddy

Reaction score
Woodlands blk 573B.. Haha.. Anyway, not in a rush, wait till Sept, still no news every go pester them already.. Lol..

That was what i wanted to select.. 9th floor right?! Hahahaha. My selection was on 20th june so i missed the 9th floor.. anyway I'm collecting keys tomorrow.. my block is infront of u .. hehe.. my future neighbor!

Last edited:

haogui

Reaction score
That was what i wanted to select.. 9th floor right?! Hahahaha. My selection was on 20th june so i missed the 9th floor.. anyway I'm collecting keys tomorrow.. my block is infront of u .. hehe.. my future neighbor!

My selection date same as yours but I haven't received any news on key collection @@....
My CRM is just sleeping....

viccom87

Reaction score
Wow.. That's fast.. Congrats for key collection.. Ya my unit 9th floor.. But also not my 1st choice.. Master bedroom and service yard kanna west sun direct.. I wanted the one near 888 but cannot get.. Cuz I staying 514 now, my parent's place.. When you going do Reno? Let me see inside lehz.. Doing space planning.. Haha..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.