Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgemcics

Banned
Reaction score
Tdy jus start driving for the week. Keeps missing ping cos the ping only stays 3 or 4 sec. Grab app really jialat. They should just redo the whole app since the foundation itself is so cui already.

3 second ok liao.

I got it just ping then instantly go back to app. Cant even see is where to where.

In the end my AR drop
:s13:
:s22:
:s13:

i think its a scheme to force us use AA

Stirling69

Reaction score
In morning, i turn on A/A cos AR below 90% and drove for 6 & 1/4hours. In between, i took a short 30mins break. Managed to clock 15 trips at $195. This is achieved on a very "smooth day" considering that i can cover 9 peak hour trips.

However, after consecutive 6 hours of driving, i have to go back and take a nap or else i will become a zoombie by evening time.

To do 24hrs consecutively, you probably need two days of recovery. It will eventually even out.

Last edited:

georgemcics

Banned
Reaction score
In morning, i turn on A/A cos AR below 90% and drove for 6 & 1/4hours. In between, i took a short 30mins break. Managed to clock 15 trips at $195. This is achieved on a very "smooth day" considering that i can cover 9 peak hour trips.

However, after consecutive 6 hours of driving, i have to go back and take a nap or else i will become a zoombie by evening time.

To do 24hrs consecutively, you probably need two days of recovery. It will eventually even out.

9 peak hour is very good.

I never go beyond 5 for peak hour before

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A cab driver who sublet condominium units to prostitutes was on Friday (Aug 17) sentenced to nine months' jail and a fine of S$10,000.

Benson Goh Wee Ming, 37, pleaded guilty last month to two charges of living on the prostitution earnings of another person and one charge of letting the place be used as a brothel. Five other charges were taken into consideration for sentencing.

According to court documents, a female prostitute whom Goh engaged told him last March that "there are always female prostitutes looking for units to rent for lodging and work".

The prostitute suggested that he rent a unit and sublet it to other prostitutes as he would be able to earn twice the amount of rental.

After doing some research, Goh began posting advertisements on online platforms Carousell and Shi Cheng BBS.

He asked for tenants to rent units under their names for him, directing people who responded to his ads to sign for tenancy agreements of units. He paid them between S$500 and S$800 in return.

After obtaining the keys to the unit, Goh sublet the rooms to Chinese nationals who worked as prostitutes.

ARREST MADE AFTER POLICE RAID

Goh rented out three condominium units in Changi Road, Jalan Lokam and Geylang East Avenue 2.

He collected a total of S$4,700 from prostitutes who lived in his Changi unit, S$2,300 from the Jalan Lokam unit and S$1,400 from the Geylang apartment.

Goh was arrested in August last year when he went to the Geylang unit to collect rental.

The police had raided the place the day before and arrested a prostitute named Hou Xiangxiang.

Another prostitute He Jinmei admitted that she had advertised her sexual services online.

Hou had sex with about 15 customers there, while He had about 30 customers.

Goh's defence lawyer had said that his client was happily married, with one child and was expecting another.

Goh was "just a landlord", the defence added. However, the prosecutor asked where the prostitutes would live and conduct their business if the accused had not rented rooms to them.

For living on the prostitution earnings of another person, Goh could have been jailed for up to five years and fined up to S$10,000.

For subletting his unit to be used as a brothel, he could have been jailed for up to three years and fined up to S$3,000 for the first offence.

Ambienlim

Reaction score
I dunno wtf is LTA saying.

PHC are public service vehicles so cannot ferry goods and can only ferry passengers.

Then they say child seat regulations not exempt because PHC are not public service vehicles.

So which is it? Can I write into them to ask?

Wow LTA officially endorsed PHV as public service cars on media. So when they gonna remove the child seat regulations? :s13:

georgemcics

Banned
Reaction score
Tiagong now got illegal touting

Non phv driver station at all the tourist place to offer driving service at a fix price.

georgemcics

Banned
Reaction score
Wah this one can get a lot of trouble. Where u see?

I see before at garden by the bay.

Drop someone there then go park and go toilet.

Then walk pass the pick up drop off area got see quite a bit of uncle randomly walking to tourist and talk to them.

Never heard what they say so i cannot 100% say they touting.

But just now at edmw got ppl post news they is touting...

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile jiuhu hellfire n alfart exploiting and touting at the world's best airport. Sinkies can jus suck it up spread leg big big let ppl ****. :)

yishun265

Reaction score
Just hearsay don't care lah, those ppl illegal touting their own risk and business. As ppl always there is risk there is big money, but when kena all hard earned money vomit out. Depends on individuals lo nevermind them, we do honest phv living clear of consciences.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dunno wtf is LTA saying.

PHC are public service vehicles so cannot ferry goods and can only ferry passengers.

Then they say child seat regulations not exempt because PHC are not public service vehicles.

So which is it? Can I write into them to ask?

“Public service vehicles” is not the reason for no child restraint; street-hailed is.
The official reply from LTA did not contain “public service vehicles”.

——-
PRIVATE HIRE CARS NOT EXEMPT FROM CHILD SEAT REQUIREMENT

Media Replies 10 Feb 2017

We refer to the letter by the National Private Hire Vehicles Association, “Exempt private hire cars from child seat requirement” (TNP, 1 Feb 2017).

For safety reasons, all vehicles in Singapore must have booster seats or child restraints for passengers under 1.35m in height. However, taxis are exempted from this rule because they can be street-hailed. Hence, it would not be reasonable to expect them to be equipped with booster seats and child restraints at all times, or to reject passengers with infants or children.

In comparison, private hire cars, which must be pre-booked, allows passengers to indicate if they require booster seats or child restraints at the point of booking. This gives private hire car drivers sufficient advance notice to prepare accordingly.

The current approach strikes a balance between practicality and ensuring that the safety of our children is not compromised. We encourage the National Private Hire Vehicles Association to work closely with private hire car booking service operators on this rule.

Thank you.

Leow Yew Chin
Director, Public Transport Promotion and Services
Land Transport Authority

https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=3&id=bcfb0de5-1ea0-49bc-bcc2-2d5639044174

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For completeness, the original request is reproduced here.

——-
Your Views: Exempt private hire cars from child seat requirement

Mohamad Randy, Executive Secretary, National Private Hire Vehicles Association
Feb 01, 2017 06:00 am

Private hire cars, much like taxis, essentially offer point-to-point transportation services for commuters.

Such services are especially important for families with young children, who appreciate the convenience of having transportation in times of need.

The National Private Hire Vehicles Association (NPHVA) urges the authorities to review the rule of mandatory child booster seats or restraints that are currently applicable to private hire cars ("No Grab or Uber for those with young kids", The New Paper, Jan 26).

When commuters are denied the service by law-abiding private hire car drivers, it creates unhappiness and inconvenience for the commuters.

This unhappiness may result in drivers receiving poor feedback from the commuters, and in some extreme cases, drivers have been threatened with violence, thereby putting their safety at risk.

Private hire car drivers also incur costs to travel to the designated pick-up points upon accepting a booking by commuters travelling with young children.

On arrival, the drivers face disappointment as they realise that they are unable to provide the service and collect the agreed fare. Such factors impact the viability of drivers' incomes and careers.

The NPHVA has been in talks with the Land Transport Authority to seek exemptions of this rule to be applied to the private hire car segment.

We hope due consideration can be made to enable families with young children to travel conveniently with all available point-to-point transportation services, while balancing the safety considerations pertaining to young children travelling in such vehicles.

The NPHVA also feels that private hire car service operators, such as limousine companies and third-party ride-sharing app companies, can do more to educate both drivers and commuters on the current rules and the types of services available, so that commuters can request and book the right service for their appropriate needs.

https://www.tnp.sg/news/views/your-views-exempt-private-hire-cars-child-seat-requirement

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wa heng 12am at tuas bay also b2b come out. LOL i also dunno y i accept the call. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.