[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

tansux

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went to c328 to buy a bottle of seachem prime...
This time of that day still so crowded with pple .

If tmr lunch time weather is ok, will cycle to seaview to srrr....

u still haven set up yr tank ar?:s22:

Archnemo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got a bucket to do store water and add chlorine removal, then let it rest there for 2-3 days before proceed to do water change.

Is tat ok ?

If you already resting the water for 2-3 days, why do u still need to put the dechlorinator?

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you are into aquascape, go for 2x 3ft. monster fish, then 5ft!

Sent from my air hole using GAGT

I prefer 5 feet where I can mix fishes from my favorite region.(Central and South America).

Best is a typical South American river or Central American stream layout.

200 pieces of embers,40 pieces of platies and 20 pieces of corys.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
quite easy since yours is a small tank.
pack the shrimps into a bag.
the remaining water pack into another bag (don't throw the water away).

once reached your new house, use back the old tank water.

Lol to be honest I never thought about the packing the remaining water in another bag. :s13:

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went to c328 to buy a bottle of seachem prime...
This time of that day still so crowded with pple .

If tmr lunch time weather is ok, will cycle to seaview to srrr....

Bro!! Got see alot of females betta ?? It’s in white tubs at the right hand side of the shop entrance on the floor.

And which size prime u bought at which price ?

gtreds

Master Member
Reaction score
Anything you buy in C328 florist is cheapest in the whole nation.

I've already done the comparison before. :s13:

And no need insist on seachem brand, other brands like API works equally good.

api-stress-coat-fish-tap-water-conditioner.jpg
Yup.Stresscoat is the best.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

Newbie12

Reaction score
Hi guys. Need some help. I went holiday for 3 days and now my tank population is almost gone. Day 1, someone accidentally poured almost the whole fish feed into my tank but did not or dunno how to clear them. Day 2. My fish are mostly dead. Day 3, I came back and found my angelfish floating and lying flat. It's long fins and feeler fins are all gone. Can consider a gonna too. Total, I lost 1 good looking angelfish, 5 rainbow fish, 12 white cloud mountains, 1 bristlenose, 2 Cory, 1 oto. Survivors only 2 more Cory and 2 oto. I'm not sure if they can last.

My tank has sky high ammonia now. I did test. It was always yellow colour. Now the test is bluish green. I did more than half tank change. But theres still ammonia though slightly better than before the water change.

What should I do? Carry on changing water now? Or wait and see if ammonia will go down. The water is cloudy but clearing cos of my water change. I also washed my filter using old tank water.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

Niccolo Machiavelli

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Need some help. I went holiday for 3 days and now my tank population is almost gone. Day 1, someone accidentally poured almost the whole fish feed into my tank but did not or dunno how to clear them. Day 2. My fish are mostly dead. Day 3, I came back and found my angelfish floating and lying flat. It's long fins and feeler fins are all gone. Can consider a gonna too. Total, I lost 1 good looking angelfish, 5 rainbow fish, 12 white cloud mountains, 1 bristlenose, 2 Cory, 1 oto. Survivors only 2 more Cory and 2 oto. I'm not sure if they can last.

My tank has sky high ammonia now. I did test. It was always yellow colour. Now the test is bluish green. I did more than half tank change. But theres still ammonia though slightly better than before the water change.

What should I do? Carry on changing water now? Or wait and see if ammonia will go down. The water is cloudy but clearing cos of my water change. I also washed my filter using old tank water.

Go and buy Seachem stability. Do regular WC of 25% daily, and dose Stability.

Also, put in an air stone to pump up the oxygen if possible.

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro!! Got see alot of females betta ?? It*********s in white tubs at the right hand side of the shop entrance on the floor.

And which size prime u bought at which price ?

Sorry, as I was in a hurry I never take notice....

I also need to be careful not to knock over buckets of crabs n lobsters while manuveouring in the shop :s22:

tansux

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wash the whole freaking tank clean
place the left over living fish in a clean pail or tank seperatly, any fish u see die soon can just throw in the bin

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score

who is that someone?
your family member?

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I would suggest go for a tank overhaul.....

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My tanks.....

20180820_194058_zpsfbxdqcfs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20180820_193939_zpsthynnpgq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20180820_193920_zps5pwku7nd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20180820_193716_zpsl6qjqjnt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.