Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemo88

Reaction score
If u buy from Klook, you don't need to Q up at Odakyu (which can be very long) to buy the pass.

You just need to go to their counter to collect the pass by showing Klook's e- voucher.
No picking up of voucher is required.
Klook will email you the e- voucher.

Klook selling at exactly the same price as Odakyu counter but you pay Klook SGD (so no foreign exchange fees) whereas at Odakyo you are paying in Yen.

I’ve never experienced much of a Queue at the Odakyu office frankly, and you can buy from the vending machines even. And foreign exchange fees are really minimal all things considered. Given rate fluctuations you may be paying a ‘less’ at the counter itself if the rates change in your favour.

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've decided to go Tokyo next year. One of the places I plan to go outside of Tokyo is Hakone, is 1 day trip enough? Where else should I go that's outside of Tokyo? Already planned to stay 4d3n in Tokyo itself, got a few days to spend outside of it.

hakone day trip is sufficient, though a stay at night and enjoy ryokan/onsen is in itself a lovely experience .....

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hakone day trip is sufficient, though a stay at night and enjoy ryokan/onsen is in itself a lovely experience .....

Any ryokan or osen hotel for solo traveller to recommend?

Also, shld i stay near Odawara or Hakone-Yumoto station?

Last edited:

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’ve never experienced much of a Queue at the Odakyu office frankly, and you can buy from the vending machines even. And foreign exchange fees are really minimal all things considered. Given rate fluctuations you may be paying a ‘less’ at the counter itself if the rates change in your favour.

That's good that you didnt encounter a Q there.
But when I was at the Odakyu centre to redeem my voucher, I saw a Q about 10 people.

Anyway, esp if you have never been there before, the thought of uncertainty of how long you need to Q there will be daunting and you need to factor in the amount needed to spend when you change to Yen in SG.

Whereas buying from Klook, the e- voucher is sent to you and you paid for it already and you just need to collect the actual pass from the centre.
Also sometimes for Klook, there are occasional offers and the pass gets cheaper.

CapUkitake

Reaction score
Hello,

Can you help me to see if my itinerary is ok, I hope to save on air tickets and have a better streamline travel itinerary.

Travel dates are 21st December to 3rd Jan.

Sg to Narita airport (Tokyo)
Will be visiting the following places.
Meiji shrine,
Sugamo station for takeshita street/harajuku line store,omotesando.

Nogizaka station and Train to asakusa,visit sensoji temple, nakamise-dori, kappabashi, sumida river, sky tree, ueno park, museums, ameyoko street.

Shinjuku/chureito Pagoda area for arakura sengen shrine.

lake kawaguchiko for Kubota kimono museum, kachi kachi ropeway, kawagucho natural living centre, momiji corridor, Fuji ginkei hotspring.

Takayama for exploring and street food.

Take bus to shirakawa-go for shiroyama viewpoint, cafe ochudo.

Shirakawa-go/takayama for Shinhotaka ropeway.

Take train from Nagoya to Kyoto for higashi honganji, Nishi honganji, Fushimi inari shrine.

Kyoto for Sagano scenic railway to torokko arashiyama station to visit okochi sanso garden, bamboo forest, tenryuji temple, togetsukyo bridge n bamboo forest light up.

Kyoto/oska for higashiyama, gion, yasaka shrine, ninezaka, kiyomizudera,Osaka shopping street

Osaka for kuromon market, Osaka castle, genrouku sushi, ichiran.

Then back to sg.

Thank you very much for your advice and inputs. :)

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Can you help me to see if my itinerary is ok, I hope to save on air tickets and have a better streamline travel itinerary.

Travel dates are 21st December to 3rd Jan.

Sg to Narita airport (Tokyo)
Will be visiting the following places.
Meiji shrine,
Sugamo station for takeshita street/harajuku line store,omotesando.

Nogizaka station and Train to asakusa,visit sensoji temple, nakamise-dori, kappabashi, sumida river, sky tree, ueno park, museums, ameyoko street.

Shinjuku/chureito Pagoda area for arakura sengen shrine.

lake kawaguchiko for Kubota kimono museum, kachi kachi ropeway, kawagucho natural living centre, momiji corridor, Fuji ginkei hotspring.

Takayama for exploring and street food.

Take bus to shirakawa-go for shiroyama viewpoint, cafe ochudo.

Shirakawa-go/takayama for Shinhotaka ropeway.

Take train from Nagoya to Kyoto for higashi honganji, Nishi honganji, Fushimi inari shrine.

Kyoto for Sagano scenic railway to torokko arashiyama station to visit okochi sanso garden, bamboo forest, tenryuji temple, togetsukyo bridge n bamboo forest light up.

Kyoto/oska for higashiyama, gion, yasaka shrine, ninezaka, kiyomizudera,Osaka shopping street

Osaka for kuromon market, Osaka castle, genrouku sushi, ichiran.

Then back to sg.

Thank you very much for your advice and inputs. :)
Seems like quite a lot of places to cover in 2 weeks. May be a bit tiring to be always moving and changing accom

Sent from Sony G8342 using GAGT

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any ryokan or osen hotel for solo traveller to recommend?

Also, shld i stay near Odawara or Hakone-Yumoto station?

Up for some advice. Thanks.

If not, was thinking of staying at capsule hotel near hakone yumoto le. Abt $50/night. Gonna leave luggage at tokyo then come back next day to check in.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Up for some advice. Thanks.

If not, was thinking of staying at capsule hotel near hakone yumoto le. Abt $50/night. Gonna leave luggage at tokyo then come back next day to check in.

ryokan in hakone is rather expensive

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You sure about airbnb despite what happened? Capsule or those dorm for backpackers would be a safer bet.

Just had a quick look, only found 1 near odawara station and 1 more at hakone-yumoto. The rest all quite far from any stations.

Also, this 2 are alrdy almost double of what agoda hostels are offering. I think i stick back to hostel. Just need a place to sleep and maybe enjoy onsen after dinner.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@vulpiggy

go Nikko, can take bus go up Irohazaka (unless road close)
take waifu go onsen.... :s34:

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any nice ryokans near tokyo with en suite open air baths to recommend? with real hot spring water ones... not those with hot tub only...

must be kids friendly also...

budget preferably not more than $600 for 2adults + 2kids (below 8)... have a not?

preferably not more than 2-3hrs drive from tokyo...

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any nice ryokans near tokyo with en suite open air baths to recommend? with real hot spring water ones... not those with hot tub only...

budget preferably not more than $600 for 2adults + 2kids (below 8)... have a not?

<$600 should be possible if your kids share your meals, and perhaps bedding, with you. This depends on the ryokan's policy.

Maybe can try https://yamanochaya.com/?

Even though there is no private bath you can look for smaller ryokans as chances are the public bath is quite empty.

thwysg

Reaction score

Probably very low chance. ¥48,000 for 2A2C is too low a budget, even if you do not include meals. Nice and good will never be cheap. Moreover attached private bath would be more costly. You might want to search for rooms with rental family baths instead.

clementiboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,
i will be planning to visit osaka, kobe, nara and kyoto for first 2 weeks of dec.
which city should i visit on the weekend, ie fri, sat, and sun?

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably very low chance. ¥48,000 for 2A2C is too low a budget, even if you do not include meals. Nice and good will never be cheap. Moreover attached private bath would be more costly. You might want to search for rooms with rental family baths instead.

trying my luck coz i thought there should be more such ryokans in mainland... so maybe will push the price down?

previously those i tried in hokkaido were $800-1000...

having private bath is really enjoyable at your own time... can own time own target...

thwysg

Reaction score
trying my luck coz i thought there should be more such ryokans in mainland... so maybe will push the price down?

previously those i tried in hokkaido were $800-1000...

having private bath is really enjoyable at your own time... can own time own target...

That’s why I said they won’t be cheap. Search for weekday stays. And if your children are above 6, the ryokans/hotels will charge. $800-1000 would be a better budget for one night with attached private bath. Those in Hakone and Kawaguchiko probably would cost around there. Unless you wish to consider other areas such as Atami (easy access from Tokyo) or further inside of Izu Peninsula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.