Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
My buddy stopped paying those UML for 2 weeks now. He received letter from one of them. His photo and copy of his IC. Threats on forwarding to all his neighbors. Also, those AL called up his previous company as well. To ask for more particulars.

No need to pay these bloodsuckers. After installing the cctv with motion detection, my buddy is able to have a more peaceful mind and also some cashflow to help him survive til end of the month than paying these bloody AL. He paid more than he borrowed and they keep coming back for more.

I saw someone here mentioned as long as those AL have your fears, you will never have a peaceful mind. I second that and agreed. Don’t feed those idiots anymore. Save the money for your own survival. I have witnessed and see how traumatized and stressed my buddy was. Now he is awake and decided to face whatever is coming his way than to pay them and have no money in his pocket.

UML u dont have to pay a single cent.Mine has been silent after 4 months so far.Only love letter twice.Once Al transferred me money of $500 and demand the payment in a week.I must say thank u to them for the free money.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Install CCTV. Get from Sim Lim Square. Below $100.

Hi All ,

I'm 26 yrs old and i have 3 kids. Staying with my parents and my husband as well. I do encounter the same problem here as well. Received text msgs regarding to monthly loan. So i also make an enquiry. Gave all the details and guess what.. Within 1 hr they trsnfer money $400 ($200 deferment/$600 clear in 1 week) the smallest. The biggest is $1600 ( $300 deferment/$2000 clear in 1 week). Different number , different people , different names but i bet its the same boss. Been paying up the interest since April. Until i started to seek for advice and help. So i went to AMP ( Associates of Muslim Professional ) , TKH Family Service and Adullum. All 3 of them told the same thing. Report to police , change phone number and change bank account. Esp Adullum they asked me " What problem you have ? " and so i told them " I got Ah Long problem " and they replied " Haiya..Ah Long.. Easy to settle! Do this 3 simple steps which i mention above , report and change. Thats all. My payment shuld be on last Monday which is on the 20th Aug 2018 up till now no harrassment yet. But received msg frm UML , they took a photo of my house. And also a video of them burning the house down. I have 3 kids living with me so all i do is to stay up all night to take care of it. My husband is very particular of this as well. so he standby his hammer just in case if someone do something stupid and he can just throw the hammer on his/her body or head. Yes we open the door until 6am. Last night 24th Aug 2018 at 11pm i was on my laptop reading all the harassment loanshark in this forum suddenly there's a man passby my house and walk back to the lift area. i quickly wake my husband up and he ran outside n took the hammer. but unfortunately we didnt get the man.

Need to endure and go thru all this **** happening at night for a while. Will update again on this if theres anything happen.

Ray1969

Reaction score
Nowadays UML so hiong arh? Last time when i took from UML was 5 weeks payment at 20% interest, already pay until cold sweat everyday. Now is 20% a week? How to pay?

Rinni1604

Reaction score
My buddy stopped paying those UML for 2 weeks now. He received letter from one of them. His photo and copy of his IC. Threats on forwarding to all his neighbors. Also, those AL called up his previous company as well. To ask for more particulars.

No need to pay these bloodsuckers. After installing the cctv with motion detection, my buddy is able to have a more peaceful mind and also some cashflow to help him survive til end of the month than paying these bloody AL. He paid more than he borrowed and they keep coming back for more.

I saw someone here mentioned as long as those AL have your fears, you will never have a peaceful mind. I second that and agreed. Don’t feed those idiots anymore. Save the money for your own survival. I have witnessed and see how traumatized and stressed my buddy was. Now he is awake and decided to face whatever is coming his way than to pay them and have no money in his pocket.

U mean the UML took his photo and send letter to his unit and his neighbour?

Papermate

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When you need the money, everything okay.
When is time to pay back, wanna throw hammer on his/her body or head.
Well Done. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I would not "throw hammer". Ah Long knows where I live, but I don't know where to find him. It's stupid to play tough. Cannot win Ah Long in a fight fire with fire match.

Best is to pay up. Finish.

No money to pay? Well, can look for Prata Singh right.

According to the honourable 30%, all these problems are caused by *pinkie*. Ah Ma washing dishes, Ah Pek "exercising", everything. It's all pinkie's fault. No need to talk so much.

And according to the honourable 30% again, Prata Singh is here to solve the problems. So, look for Prata Singh. :D

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
They asked him to send a photo of himself holding IC. So far he received one letter. Not sure about the neighbors though.

How’s things at your side? Got the cctv yet?

U mean the UML took his photo and send letter to his unit and his neighbour?

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Why must pay up and finish when she paid so much and even more than what she borrowed? No point keep paying those lowlife.

I would not "throw hammer". Ah Long knows where I live, but I don't know where to find him. It's stupid to play tough. Cannot win Ah Long in a fight fire with fire match.

According to the honourable 30%, all these problems are caused by *pinkie*. Ah Ma washing dishes, Ah Pek "exercising", everything. It's all pinkie's fault. No need to talk so much.

And according to the honourable 30% again, Prata Singh is here to solve the problems. So, look for Prata Singh. :D

Rinni1604

Reaction score
They asked him to send a photo of himself holding IC. So far he received one letter. Not sure about the neighbors though.

How’s things at your side? Got the cctv yet?

Things were ok after 1 week of not paying. But yesterday at 10 plus at night. my husband was repairing something outside the house. then suddenly he saw 1 man carrying to bottles of drinks(green tea) and putting behind his back. then my husband faster go down and maybe wanna chase the person cuz he looks suspicious , legit.. then he suddenly go towards the bus stop cross over.. then walk few mins and cross back the road. when my husband saw the person he quickly called the police. but the police arrived in 30mins? whereby my house n the police station is 3 min walks. then police petrol the whole area n etc... today they my husband a photo of me n my ID as well. saying owe money n cheat... then put the hp no. CCTV yup getting it by thursday.. u guys willing to share their numbers? or its not right to share? maybe we're in the same UML boss?

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Possible that the top top boss is the same but they will have different "stalls" running the operations. As for cctv, it does act as a deterrent but it is no guarantee that they wont do anything.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
I have to check with my buddy. He also need some persuasions before he decided not to pay at all. I think it’s quite tough for the beginning to go through all these. But just don’t pay them anymore. It’s not worth it. They can resort to threats and all. That’s all they can do. They can’t hurt you.

Things were ok after 1 week of not paying. But yesterday at 10 plus at night. my husband was repairing something outside the house. then suddenly he saw 1 man carrying to bottles of drinks(green tea) and putting behind his back. then my husband faster go down and maybe wanna chase the person cuz he looks suspicious , legit.. then he suddenly go towards the bus stop cross over.. then walk few mins and cross back the road. when my husband saw the person he quickly called the police. but the police arrived in 30mins? whereby my house n the police station is 3 min walks. then police petrol the whole area n etc... today they my husband a photo of me n my ID as well. saying owe money n cheat... then put the hp no. CCTV yup getting it by thursday.. u guys willing to share their numbers? or its not right to share? maybe we're in the same UML boss?

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
I will ask my buddy for the cctv brand which he got from sim Lim and pm you once I have it. For now, be safe.

Rinni1604

Reaction score
I will ask my buddy for the cctv brand which he got from sim Lim and pm you once I have it. For now, be safe.

Ok can sure. Yes i have stop paying them already. they earn maybe can say 5 times from what i borrow? haiss...its okay.. its a mistake n i have learn from it. May whoever is going thru this pls be safe too!

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wah... Papermate also here. :s13:

given

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup.They are trying to scam me.Wanted to return the money they ignored.A week later ask me to return $600.I told them **** off.Been quiet ever since.

wah u not scared ah? they got your singpass, IC , address etc ...

Peacesellsbutwhosbuying

Reaction score
Hi everyone ,

I was genuinely looking for capital for my business so approached those ads on the* carousell.
Asked for income proof , id , nok contacts and all and all seemed so professional.** Then end of the day , just transferred me 5% of what i asked saying it was a trial loan. No contract , just simply tranferred.
I told him that if he had given me the full amount i asked for* i would have happily paid him 20% weekly forever lol.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Hi everyone ,

I was genuinely looking for capital for my business so approached those ads on the* carousell.
Asked for income proof , id , nok contacts and all and all seemed so professional.** Then end of the day , just transferred me 5% of what i asked saying it was a trial loan. No contract , just simply tranferred.
I told him that if he had given me the full amount i asked for* i would have happily paid him 20% weekly forever lol.
Good luck to u..so u stop paying them.

Peacesellsbutwhosbuying

Reaction score
Good luck to u..so u stop paying them.

Paid back what he transferred + interest. Kept insisting to defer , i Kept telling him the same thing; full loan i willing to defer every week.
So many bs stories omg. Loan approved la , need to wait for me clear 4 x deferment first la , If clear full need to forfiet 15x deferment ( loan amount i initially asked for lol). I hear also wanna laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.