[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
wah, then i feel like doing the lazy men method... :s13::s13:
get those boxes of java / xmas moss that are already tied with coconut husk then just put in my aquarium... :s13:

no need to buy seperate mesh ($8), seperate boxes of moss ($2-$3 per box), the big piece of xmas moss at $9... then have to get fishing line, then have to tie them,

those tie to husk the most $3.50...... :s13:

Xenogade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
get those boxes of java / xmas moss that are already tied with coconut husk then just put in my aquarium... :s13:

no need to buy seperate mesh ($8), seperate boxes of moss ($2-$3 per box), the big piece of xmas moss at $9... then have to get fishing line, then have to tie them,

depends on how you wanna scape lo.

FinchGuy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Other than java moss, which moss types are ok for low-tech tank without CO2 or chiller? TIA.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
woo another of my shrimp has eggs again. hope it goes well for 2 of my female shrimp.

1 should be hatching anytime this week or early next week.

excited. :D

feel like setting up a new tank with some plants but wah... dunno got time to maintain or not..

Xenogade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
woo another of my shrimp has eggs again. hope it goes well for 2 of my female shrimp.

1 should be hatching anytime this week or early next week.

excited. :D

feel like setting up a new tank with some plants but wah... dunno got time to maintain or not..

just let nature take its course. my shrimps are all breeding in my comm tank with the fishes. Fry survival rate also wont be like 100%

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just let nature take its course. my shrimps are all breeding in my comm tank with the fishes. Fry survival rate also wont be like 100%

now my tank very bare. just one piece of drift wood with no plant and a few small moss ball.

The last time i tied my christmas moss on the driftwood, few weeks became yellow due to probably high temperature and lack of light.

the last time my shrimp hatched its eggs only 4 survived. many got sucked into the surface filter i have I believe.

Xenogade

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now my tank very bare. just one piece of drift wood with no plant and a few small moss ball.

The last time i tied my christmas moss on the driftwood, few weeks became yellow due to probably high temperature and lack of light.

the last time my shrimp hatched its eggs only 4 survived. many got sucked into the surface filter i have I believe.

surface skimmer? what filter are you using?

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
surface skimmer? what filter are you using?

s-l300.jpg
this one

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sponge filter would be better if you wanna keep the shrimplets alive.

i got 2. one is surface skimmer one hang on filter.

but actually noticed sometimes the baby shrimp also get stuck in my hang on filter's intake. maybe really need change to sponge loh.

Pyro77

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That one still called method meh? Just buy and throw what :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.