USA Stocks discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiron

Reaction score
USA Stocks discussion

Anyone here into US markets? More into equity counters, ETF, not into FX, options.

Just want to have a thread to share and tcss about it.

Currently me into trading of DUST and NUGT, using GC, DXY as my guide.

aster1

Reaction score
Which bank or banks are best for investing directly into US stocks of your own choosing without having to go via an external brokerage like Schwab?

Does Citi allow you to invest directly into whatever US stocks you want? HSBC? Any others worthy of mention?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which bank or banks are best for investing directly into US stocks of your own choosing without having to go via an external brokerage like Schwab?

Does Citi allow you to invest directly into whatever US stocks you want? HSBC? Any others worthy of mention?

Citi is a US bank with local presence and brokerage arm. Of course, they will allow you to trade into US.

The other banks are DBS and Standard Chartered. They have brokerage arns too.

You can check Standard Chartered. Their commissions are lower for overseas stocks.

aster1

Reaction score
Citi is a US bank with local presence and brokerage arm. Of course, they will allow you to trade into US.

The other banks are DBS and Standard Chartered. They have brokerage arns too.

You can check Standard Chartered. Their commissions are lower for overseas stocks.

Many thanks, will give them a look - I assume it's DBS Vickers that I need to look into?

Should I also need to look at/invest in other markets like the UK for instance, which bank (with its own brokerage arm to keep things seamless and "in-house" in terms of funds transfers between normal accounts and brokerage accounts) would be best for currency conversions at minimal spreads?

DukeCS33

Reaction score
I took a look at MU this morning - Current price is some 35% below the peak, suggesting that this stock my have entered bear territory. Short term moving averages such as 13,20 and 50 EMAs are sloping down in a down trend manner while 200 day SMA is flattish. However, I note a positive close on high volume which suggests that new buyers may be coming in and stemming the tide of selling. Short term stochastics has bottomed out and trying to make a bullish cross over. Quite tempted to catch a near term bottom bounce at current levels. Just looking for a very quick punt for 1 or 2 days and square out quickly.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many thanks, will give them a look - I assume it's DBS Vickers that I need to look into?

Should I also need to look at/invest in other markets like the UK for instance, which bank (with its own brokerage arm to keep things seamless and "in-house" in terms of funds transfers between normal accounts and brokerage accounts) would be best for currency conversions at minimal spreads?

DBS Vickers is the brokerage arm of DBS.

The thing is if you buy stocks through local banks, the FCY exchange spread is going to be wider. Commissions will be relatively higher too.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I took a look at MU this morning - Current price is some 35% below the peak, suggesting that this stock my have entered bear territory. Short term moving averages such as 13,20 and 50 EMAs are sloping down in a down trend manner while 200 day SMA is flattish. However, I note a positive close on high volume which suggests that new buyers may be coming in and stemming the tide of selling. Short term stochastics has bottomed out and trying to make a bullish cross over. Quite tempted to catch a near term bottom bounce at current levels. Just looking for a very quick punt for 1 or 2 days and square out quickly.

I think if you ask any other traders, they will say the direction is down for MU.

DukeCS33

Reaction score
I think if you ask any other traders, they will say the direction is down for MU.

Yes, I think out 1 month, we may see more downside. I am just looking to catch that bounce from all the overselling. This is a very short term play which can last for as quick as 10 mins and not longer than 2 days.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AMD going crazy since mid-august. Seriously.....on average 5-7% jump every day.

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mtch stock seems like a steal for a growth social app company. Anybody in it?

peacefulday

Reaction score
Qcom continue to trend up after further announcing 16b repurchase of it shares from banks. Another 10b pending buyback by 2019.

DukeCS33

Reaction score
Closed my MSFT at 2K+ pnl. Letting NTAP run abit more. Passed on MU as it gapped above my limit price and I do not typically chase prices.

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Dukecs33, how will you filter those stock that bounce off trend line? As in rule filtering and not via manual eyeball means

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.