Apple Watch Series 4

jeffprobst

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Likely different country different compliance and testing have to be done bah

ECG is the main feature of the new Series 4 with its new back sensors. Dunno y Apple want to limit only to US market. Even if buy the new watch here, also cannot use.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see the Apple Watch in the SG Store having the same "Electrical Heart Sensor" as the US store one. I do hope this is the ECG enabled sensor.

karenwoods

Reaction score
I think I might get the series 4 lte. Currently i have the series 3 lte. Know there is most likely no need to get a new one but I love the Apple Watch. Actually I think I may love it more than the iPhone.

jschen

Reaction score
I see the Apple Watch in the SG Store having the same "Electrical Heart Sensor" as the US store one. I do hope this is the ECG enabled sensor.

I think it needs the relevant authority approval to enable the ECG.

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the numbershare with singtel is it better to buy thru Apple store or thru singtel? Or no diff?

chinnian

Reaction score
The watch face increased to 42mm and 44mm because of the "bezeless" concept. The bands of 38mm and 42mm will still work on the new watches respectively.

They measure by the height of the watch case, not face.
AW3 38mm: 38.6mm H x 33.3mm W
AW4 40mm: 40mm H x 34mm W

Slight increase, but straps grooves unchanged.

Last edited:

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ECG is the main feature of the new Series 4 with its new back sensors. Dunno y Apple want to limit only to US market. Even if buy the new watch here, also cannot use.

That will need approval from our local authority. Since they have officially announced this feature, can expect things to move much faster now. I expect this to be enabled early next year for Singapore.

jeffprobst

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my telco is m1 highly doubt will need the cellular version then again, stainless steel only got cellular version :(

what time can start pre-order?

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That will need approval from our local authority. Since they have officially announced this feature, can expect things to move much faster now. I expect this to be enabled early next year for Singapore.

Hmmm..that is if I were to purchase the Series 4 first.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it needs the relevant authority approval to enable the ECG.

Any idea which governing body need to approve for Singapore?

SMA (Medical)
IMDA (Media devices)

Can only think of these two.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.