Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lykoss

Reaction score
Yesterday around 9pm one of the AL sent ppl take photo of my doorstep said next time round will send someone up to collect? Really can that? For those just taking photo of the main door can we call police and catch them?

Don't be afraid, they only will send people to harress. Ask for money just call police.

DO NOT TRANSFER ANY MONEY. DO NOT GIVE IN

rigrig

Reaction score
Yesterday around 9pm one of the AL sent ppl take photo of my doorstep said next time round will send someone up to collect? Really can that? For those just taking photo of the main door can we call police and catch them?

this is just to threaten you if got cctv can get the person face just report police they will try to find the person. they can say and do whatever they want thats y cctv very important i always camp inside my house close door any suspicious people outside i call 999 first than open door. if really come collect money i will tell them stay here i report to police. they got send young gers to my place before.

rigrig

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm new here and my case is quite recent. Have been following this thread for the past couple of days and would like to share my story.

I was caught up in a finiancial hiccup last week and was looking for ways to get money. I came across an ad on the internet offering 10K loan with 12 months of 1k payable. This piqued my interest and I enquired with the following person (Andy).

At the start, I thought it was licensed because they have sent me a photo with their company name and reg. No. So they ask for the usual details and checks and stuff. Told me to wait for approval.

Fast forward 24hrs, they told me it was approved but need take small loan first to see if I will pay on time (all the b.s) blah blah etc etc. I told them then it's ok, nevermind. Because I needed a huge amount, not peanuts.

Next reply I got was actually a transaction confirmation of 400 Defer 400 Clear 800. WITHIN 7 DAYS
It was without my knowledge and consent. Meaning I was FORCED to take this loan.

Being very amicable, and wanting to avoid stupid troubles. I went and found 800 the very next day. Asked to clear, tell me cock and bull story only can clear after 3 days.

3days later, I asked for acct. Another cock and bull story say because I didn't inform him a day in advance, only can defer. I got real angry and said: "You want money, you give me acct now. Don't give no money" So he gave me an acct and I cleared the full 800.

Yesterday, called me and say not cleared because I didn't put some kind of code. When I cash deposit to him. (CARDLESS DEPOSIT, ONLY ASK FOR NRIC AND NUMBER, ATM HOW TO PUT CODE)

So I got very triggered, I said, to my knowledge. I have already paid, if you really think I havent pay. You are more than welcome to come find me. I will not accept another cent from you (tried to get me to take a 1200 loan) nor pay another single cent (ask me clear pay another 850).

Going to make a report today, CCTV and mentally preparing myself for all the spams.

Morale of the story is, DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THEM. Theres a saying "我们在明,他们在暗" which translates to "We are in the open while they hide in the Shadows".

STOP TRANSFERRING MONEY. DO NOT BE AFRAID.

If they still try to extort money from you even you paid more than the amount you originally borrowed or FORCED.

Simply say this: "Want money? Have, you come XXX coffeeshop. I pass you in person"

They won't come one.

way to go bro

rigrig

Reaction score
I settled my loan 2 mths back. This morning runner decorated the wall outside my hse.
When will they stop?

just ignore all the msges since you said u settle i don't see a point they come and disturb you unless you challenge them before or they think can dig more money from you.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
They can send people take photo. But you install CCTV and they won’t dare to come near your unit. They can take many photos. Remember this, they are ball-less. They won’t even dare to knock on your door. Those runners are more worried about getting caught.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
You open your door all night no use. Cctv capture those runners faces and police will post to hunt them down as well. You need concrete evidence. Go Sim Lim Square and find cctv with motion detection alert. You will be able to track.

ahoksteady

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm new here and my case is quite recent. Have been following this thread for the past couple of days and would like to share my story.

I was caught up in a finiancial hiccup last week and was looking for ways to get money. I came across an ad on the internet offering 10K loan with 12 months of 1k payable. This piqued my interest and I enquired with the following person (Andy).

At the start, I thought it was licensed because they have sent me a photo with their company name and reg. No. So they ask for the usual details and checks and stuff. Told me to wait for approval.

Fast forward 24hrs, they told me it was approved but need take small loan first to see if I will pay on time (all the b.s) blah blah etc etc. I told them then it's ok, nevermind. Because I needed a huge amount, not peanuts.

Next reply I got was actually a transaction confirmation of 400 Defer 400 Clear 800. WITHIN 7 DAYS
It was without my knowledge and consent. Meaning I was FORCED to take this loan.

Being very amicable, and wanting to avoid stupid troubles. I went and found 800 the very next day. Asked to clear, tell me cock and bull story only can clear after 3 days.

3days later, I asked for acct. Another cock and bull story say because I didn't inform him a day in advance, only can defer. I got real angry and said: "You want money, you give me acct now. Don't give no money" So he gave me an acct and I cleared the full 800.

Yesterday, called me and say not cleared because I didn't put some kind of code. When I cash deposit to him. (CARDLESS DEPOSIT, ONLY ASK FOR NRIC AND NUMBER, ATM HOW TO PUT CODE)

So I got very triggered, I said, to my knowledge. I have already paid, if you really think I havent pay. You are more than welcome to come find me. I will not accept another cent from you (tried to get me to take a 1200 loan) nor pay another single cent (ask me clear pay another 850).

Going to make a report today, CCTV and mentally preparing myself for all the spams.

Morale of the story is, DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THEM. Theres a saying "我们在明,他们在暗" which translates to "We are in the open while they hide in the Shadows".

If they still try to extort money from you even you paid more than the amount you originally borrowed or FORCED.

Simply say this: "Want money? Have, you come XXX coffeeshop. I pass you in person"

They won't come one.

I also kena this yesterday. So far today they havent harrass me yet. Did they stop harrassing you after you told them that? Or the harrassing will come again? Because i know i settle whatever they lend me. And they suddenly mention this 3000dllrs to closed the account i had with them. So from then on i decided not to transfer them anymore money. And after that, all the threats starts. Sending me videos of people splashing paints at houses. Burn their doors and stuff. Anyone with similar case and eventually stop them from harrassing? My mom is worried at home.

chulu2810

Reaction score
I settled one of mine n AL boss called saying didn't update in system n lender left his stall. Threathen to come up harass n set fire...
I F him n reported police n what app him e report.

2mth ago & now no more from that buyer or maybe phone block his private/unnumbered call.

Hang on n conquer them...

I settled my loan 2 mths back. This morning runner decorated the wall outside my hse.
When will they stop?

chulu2810

Reaction score
U reported to police? U constantly show their harassment to yr IO n highlight you r concern of yr family safety n they will worked out something to u.

Mine, I sent them a fresh set fire house unit video they sent n SPF queue me for a cctv installed at corridor.

I also kena this yesterday. So far today they havent harrass me yet. Did they stop harrassing you after you told them that? Or the harrassing will come again? Because i know i settle whatever they lend me. And they suddenly mention this 3000dllrs to closed the account i had with them. So from then on i decided not to transfer them anymore money. And after that, all the threats starts. Sending me videos of people splashing paints at houses. Burn their doors and stuff. Anyone with similar case and eventually stop them from harrassing? My mom is worried at home.

chulu2810

Reaction score
U saw him taking or they just sent u photo?
Send to your IO n they will step up patrol.
I had received my unit photo from them n till now nothing happen.

Fire video also have received a few. Most of them r past incident...
Now they don't dare after recent case n police swiftly apprehend the fire setter.

Lykoss

Reaction score

Bro,the harassing will stop eventually one. Is because they trying to scare you into paying them more money. So if you pay now 3k. Sooner or later they will give you all those b.s say you still owe them money one. If you pay them, you only funding them to hire more runners to come up and harress you. So don't

DO NOT TRANSFER ANY MONEY.

ahoksteady

Reaction score
Bro,the harassing will stop eventually one. Is because they trying to scare you into paying them more money. So if you pay now 3k. Sooner or later they will give you all those b.s say you still owe them money one. If you pay them, you only funding them to hire more runners to come up and harress you. So don't

DO NOT TRANSFER ANY MONEY.

Do you get anymore harassment after what you've said. So far today i never receive any messages from them

ahoksteady

Reaction score
U reported to police? U constantly show their harassment to yr IO n highlight you r concern of yr family safety n they will worked out something to u.

Mine, I sent them a fresh set fire house unit video they sent n SPF queue me for a cctv installed at corridor.

Yah i made a report when the moment they told me about the 3000 cancelation fee. And when the videos and threats were sent the officer was there infront of me to see the messages.

chulu2810

Reaction score
Good. Now just ignore them. Their message just keep for records or to anticipate their move.

Yah i made a report when the moment they told me about the 3000 cancelation fee. And when the videos and threats were sent the officer was there infront of me to see the messages.

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You open your door all night no use. Cctv capture those runners faces and police will post to hunt them down as well. You need concrete evidence. Go Sim Lim Square and find cctv with motion detection alert. You will be able to track.

get cctv then record all the evidence and can remote view :)

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

They won't come one.

ya get clear hd cctv, you can see and record and remote view good images :)

Lykoss

Reaction score
Do you get anymore harassment after what you've said. So far today i never receive any messages from them

Today they called my NOK. But i have already briefed them of the circumstances. They f the AL upside down and just hang up.

Lykoss

Reaction score
UPDATE:

This AL (Andy) created a group chat with me and my NOK. Send us a burning gate video. Told my NOK not to bother. Both of us have blocked the number and going down to make additional report about the harassment.

Jia123@

Reaction score
ya get clear hd cctv, you can see and record and remote view good images :)
Hi...not too sure if its d same guy Andy which I took loan from. Each time I tried to pay full, he will tell me no account. I was even scammed to pay full n he claimed tt its was not him tt provided me the account no. I ended up paying another 2k and $300 interest. In total paid about 4900 for 2k loan which I took for 1 mth. That was not the end...he kept txting me asking to take loan. To avoid, I changed my hp number and just Sat morning he sent runner to "decorate" my wall. I already fully pay him 2 mths back.

chulu2810

Reaction score
I get a top up card n fake nok..... lol

UPDATE:

This AL (Andy) created a group chat with me and my NOK. Send us a burning gate video. Told my NOK not to bother. Both of us have blocked the number and going down to make additional report about the harassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.