Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Old TV then try using composite cable (Yellow/Red/White). Maybe some TV resolutions like 1080i not supported, must use 720p instead.

Quote to the wrong person.

blurpandasg2014 didn't state whether he/she managed to get it to work the first time round. Even if TV cannot support 1080i, can always set it to lower resolution on the STB itself.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
those who don't want to bother with 2 remotes can buy this, i got this and teach the functions of TV and the DVB box into one remote. Good for old people who are not good with electronics things.

tG0yS2S.jpg

But this one too few buttons. At least need one more power button to turn off the set top box.

GReddy G9 RS

Reaction score
Actually should we set to 1080p or 1080i? What's the difference?

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
With just one power button, I wonder how it is possible to turn on/off both devices?

Also original remote still need to be around in case sometime screwed up and need to redo the settings. Like in my case whereby the TV settings reset to factory default at random, although not that frequency.

Yah... that's why the other remote that u recommended me a while back is better, and can still control all the functions of the set top box. :o

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Didn't saw any notice on TV or newspapers. Only came to know after someone mentioned it here last week and went to Mediacorpse site to verify.

Got. The notice on the screen to be reduced on 17 Sept was on the crawler on the analog channels for a while liao.

MediaCorp also published a statement on 7 Sept, I think. It's on Today newspaper.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
That 2 in 1 remote everytime change battery does it reset and need to re set up the link to tv and stb?

Only 1 model, no got number buttons model?

If I'm not wrong, the 2 in 1 remote settings can last quite a while. So as long as u change the battery the moment u find it unable to control the devices, the settings are most likely not lost.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone encounter no signal when in hdmi mode for free dtv box? And the dtv remote doesn't respond when I press menu bottom

No video signal. But my TV is quite old

It's possible that a very old TV with HDMI still cannot display the STB contents properly.

I have one such TV, thrown away liao (not because of the above, but because it already has blurry images).

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Actually should we set to 1080p or 1080i? What's the difference?

Difference is probably not that big, but if your TV supports, then set your STB to the maximum 1080p. If cannot, try to set to 720p instead of 1080i.

The tendency is that 1080p has less flicker than 1080i.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried setting 720p as the resolution on the NMS box that's connected to a HD-Ready LCD TV, but whenever I switch off the main power supply of the box, it will auto switch back to 1080i. :s22:

Posted from PCWX using SONY SUMIRE

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I tried setting 720p as the resolution on the NMS box that's connected to a HD-Ready LCD TV, but whenever I switch off the main power supply of the box, it will auto switch back to 1080i. :s22:

Then no choice lor....

For watching TV, difference is not that big lah, but I would configure the STB to display in the order of 1080p, then 720p, then 1080i.

GReddy G9 RS

Reaction score
Difference is probably not that big, but if your TV supports, then set your STB to the maximum 1080p. If cannot, try to set to 720p instead of 1080i.

The tendency is that 1080p has less flicker than 1080i.
Oic. Thanks.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then no choice lor....

For watching TV, difference is not that big lah, but I would configure the STB to display in the order of 1080p, then 720p, then 1080i.
Yeah, I would usually prefer p than i resolution, which is also why I use 720p on my mio TV rather than 1080i. :o

gantan88

Reaction score
Yes.
Black Box = No USB Power Inserter (Retail - Best Denki, Courts etc)
White Box = With USB Power Inserter (M1 - thru IMDA)

Drop NewMedia Solution TV Box.
Recommended to Buy: Darco Brand with Funke Antenna.

Hi there, does the Draco bundle with Funke antenna has usb power insert cable provided?

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is expected, old rtm analog channels are using VHF, new DTV channels are using UHF.

Challenger selling this Daiyo EU 1707 antennae that says can receive both digital and analog. Anyone got use?

gantan88

Reaction score
I just redeemed the Draco set top box with Funke antenna. All channels received. Generally signal quality and intensity at 98%. But channel U is very sensitive. Once I put antenna behind tv, signal immediately affected while other channels still ok. But the settop box is running quite hot after only a while.....

Xiao_Alien

Reaction score
anyone know why recently i cant receive any channel from my tv box.
then i check the setting the antenna power is off.
so i try to turn on the antenna power theres an error saying 'overload, please check external power!'

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my $2 antenna also can receive digital and analog :)

Checked Ch47 for my channels and can detect sporadically but not enough to save. Going to get a more powerful receiver and if that fails, gonna get this one from Amazon. https://www.techradar.com/sg/news/best-indoor-tv-antennas

A4size

Reaction score
Why my Draco 7700 set up box come with 2x DRACO ANT-900 indoor antenna? I reached home then realised not Funke antenna. :sad:

Draco (Skycom) has their brand of antenna too. But this ANT900 I never head of... Can you show how it looks? Does it comes with 2 usb inserter cables?

If Draco gives 2 antennas...I suggest those who wants to buy Draco chose this combo set and you can sell or use the extra antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.